Preview Changes: Round 11 vs GWS

Remove this Banner Ad

The pessimist in me says Otten in for Poholke.
Seed will be ruled out for 2 months plus.
We'll beat GWS in what the media will call a backs to the wall win.
Coaches will drink their own bath water and make no changes the following week.
We'll get all cosy and drop the Freo and Hawks games.
We'll go into the bye outside of the 8.

I could be wrong but I think this is the worst post I’ve read on Bigfooty since the Neil Craig era.

Where can I begin.........?

And thank god you didn’t melt today.
I’m just giving my opinion and you’ve got your’s... surprisingly your retort had sweet FA substance to it so I don’t know why you bothered really..

What do you disagree with me on;

-do you think that our season isnt currently being destroyed by injuries to our best players?.
-do you think Mackay is worth persisting with?.
-do you think greenwood has a tank that’s currently at AFL inside mid level?
-do you think CEY is gonna rebound from a missed season due to a knee and not have inconsistencies in his season?
-do you think we shouldn’t be trying to get a look at everyone of or young players on the list and weeding out the ones that need delisting from those that show enough promise and thus deserve to stay.
-do you think we should rush our stars back from the current injuries they have?.. because we’ve been doing this all season so far and it ain’t working.. Sloane, tex, McGovern, smith, bcrouch.. not one of them should be rushed back.
-do you think Sloane is staying?
-do you think we should give into lynch’s demands for more years on his contract?.

Because these are all the points I made in my comment... which ones do you disagree with?... and why?... don’t just state “where can I begin” and then not begin.. that shows a lack of will.

I’m not melting at all.. our season has been destroyed by injury.. can’t really do much about it now.. let’s play the best footy we can for the rest of the season, give all our youth a look and make sure we don’t have our missing stars rushed back in underdone and still injured so when we hit the 2018-19 preseason they aren’t cooked and injured like they were in the preseason just gone..

Like I said.. just my opinion.. hate it if you will but if you’re gonna bother responding to it at least do so with some substance.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It’s his turn
Hahaha, honestly would surprise me!..

And it wouldn’t surprise me if brown wasn’t “concussed” and was instead bought back too early from injury and has re-strained it.. nothing would surprise me after we played Sloane injured for two weeks and bought both crouch and tex back before they had recovered from injury.

Did anyone see the incident that left brown concussed?...

Hahaha, honestly would surprise me!..

And it wouldn’t surprise me if brown wasn’t “concussed” and was instead bought back too early from injury and has re-strained it.. nothing would surprise me after we played Sloane injured for two weeks and bought both crouch and tex back before they had recovered from injury.

Did anyone see the incident that left brown concussed?...
Concussed himself slapping his head after reinjuring his hammy

OUT: Jacobs, Poholke, Seedsman and Brown (if the last two are out injured)
IN: O'Brien, Hampton, Wilson, Murphy

Play Wilson across HB, Murphy can take over for Brown as a smaller defender, move Milera up to Seedsman's spot on the wing and hopefully Hampton in the middle adds a bit more legspeed and defensive pressure.

Can't be any worse than Mackay or Poholke so who really cares?
Hampton was ok.
Cheney didn't get much of it but was clean overhead and took a few good contested marks.
ROB was ok.
Sig found a lot of the ball and was ok.

Mackay in the Melbourne goal square reminded me of an U/12 game

The best case scenario is that the Seed comes in and Brown is available.

We have to scrape wins against GWS and Freo and then re-set after the bye (I don’t like our chances against the Hawks with the current 22).

We had 7 of our best players out today (including Brown), it reaches a point when a team snaps and frankly I am surprised that it hasn’t happened earlier. All our remaining guns have to fire and our fringe players and KIDS have to play above and beyond (like last week).

From the Twos
ROB - if Sauce isn’t 100% then give him a rest and play ROB.
Keath - Needs at least a month in the Twos, I have been a big fan since day 1 but he has missed 2 months of footy.
Otten - next in line if Talia or Hartigan not available (probably happy he didn’t play today).
Cheney - Has really struggled with injury for the last 2 years, needs a long run being injury free and playing well.
Wilson - Not the answer ats, may not ever be the answer
Jarman, Edwards - would struggle to make the SANFL if not playing for the Crows, however both are improving.
Dear - Inconsistent in the SANFL
Himmelberg - Shows glimpses but not raedy yet.
Signorello - Starting to show a bit, once he has played a month of good footy we should consider him.
Davis - I was possibly his first big fan (posted this before he had played in the Twos) but not yet.
Hampton - Solid back up player but do we need to shuffle the deck chairs
Murphy - Yes

Injured
Sloane, Walker, Smith, Brouch, McGovern, Kinight, McPherson, Hunter

In - Seedsman, Murphy
Out - Gallucci (needs a rest), Poholke

It's not like we have a stack of options to make all the changes many would like.

We really do need to play 22 match fit players, because we get beaten when we don't.

So what are our options?

- Seedsman obviously if he is ok.
- ROB for Jacobs, to give him the rest we should have given him when he was injured & his 1st born came into the world. Got smashed today.
- Hampton has now played a few decent games in the sanfl.
- Murphy imo should have not been dropped ahead of Gibson & certainly not Polholke.
- Otten can only come in for a KPP. Stick with Fog & Harto.

Assuming Seed & Brown come up ok...

B: Brown, Hartigan, Doedee
HB: Milera, Talia, Laird
C: Seedsman, Mrouch, Atkins
HF: Lynch, Jenkins, Douglas
F: Betts, Fogarty, Hampton
R: O'Brien, CEY, Gibbs
I: Kelly, Greenwood, Gallucci, Murphy

The best case scenario is that the Seed comes in and Brown is available.

We have to scrape wins against GWS and Freo and then re-set after the bye (I don’t like our chances against the Hawks with the current 22).

We had 7 of our best players out today (including Brown), it reaches a point when a team snaps and frankly I am surprised that it hasn’t happened earlier. All our remaining guns have to fire and our fringe players and KIDS have to play above and beyond (like last week).

From the Twos
ROB - if Sauce isn’t 100% then give him a rest and play ROB.
Keath - Needs at least a month in the Twos, I have been a big fan since day 1 but he has missed 2 months of footy.
Otten - next in line if Talia or Hartigan not available (probably happy he didn’t play today).
Cheney - Has really struggled with injury for the last 2 years, needs a long run being injury free and playing well.
Wilson - Not the answer ats, may not ever be the answer
Jarman, Edwards - would struggle to make the SANFL if not playing for the Crows, however both are improving.
Dear - Inconsistent in the SANFL
Himmelberg - Shows glimpses but not raedy yet.
Signorello - Starting to show a bit, once he has played a month of good footy we should consider him.
Davis - I was possibly his first big fan (posted this before he had played in the Twos) but not yet.
Hampton - Solid back up player but do we need to shuffle the deck chairs
Murphy - Yes

Injured
Sloane, Walker, Smith, Brouch, McGovern, Kinight, McPherson, Hunter

In - Seedsman, Murphy
Out - Gallucci (needs a rest), Poholke

Yuck yuck yuck.

Drop the young blokes.

Yuck.

Awful

Remove this Banner Ad

Back