Preview Changes: Round 11 vs GWS

Remove this Banner Ad

Geez Gallucci beyond stiff. Not sure what a sub 10 game small forward can do in that game.

O'Brien stiff as a board as well. Sauce embarrassed himself again after the port game; beat up on the dogs with no ruck. Nah he stays in ffs.

GWS would be perfect for blooding O'Brien with no pure ruckman in the side.
Dougie said he's being rested. We'll find out if he's back in next week.

JW, you get points for optimism :).
Your glass seems to be at least nearly full, even when it's nearly empty.
(They shoulda dropped Mackay and 'rested' Sauce --- it would have been smart).
I don't really see a point on being negative when it comes to a sporting game. Though it doesn't mean I'm not trying to be rational in my analysis. Mackay was s**t last round, but he wasn't the worst, and I would pick him ahead of the kids (Gooch/Polhoke) in terms of current output over the last few games. Our injuries at the moment means we need to include players who are fit and can run out games - Mackay fits the bill despite his shortcomings.

Loving the melts, but also loving Seeeeeeeeeeeed and the smurph.

The outs aren’t a surprise. Poholke has been a novelty, and its good he’s had a few games, but I don’t think he’s ready for any prolonged inclusion. Galucci looked to be running out of gas and the week off should do him good.

I’d be playing Murphy ahead of Poholke in any case.

Jesus last game of the round is torture.
I think I’m back on the horse after getting thrown and trampled last weekend. Wounds have nearly healed.
Glad Seed and Murphy back. Would like to see Galuci kick DMac out when refueled.
Someone needs to loop Dmac’s fumble bumble, and add the Benny Hill music. I’m giggling just thinking of it.

Like tom Doedee - really struggling to step up post sanfl

If you're going to say something at least back it up with some argument

Galluci and Poholke are struggling because they are not ready

And being honest Fog is the same but he's got more talent on his little finger than both of those so it's worth it

All i was trying to get across is that they have shone because they have been given early opportunities to showcase what they have .

IMO Doedee should have played last year and even Gallucci could have played a few more games .

If not for the injuries this year we would not have seen much of the 3 you mentioned above .

We have for way too long stifled a lot of our talented youth by playing favorites .

Not a knock on any of our young players or the SANFL

Dropping Poholke was a no-brainer. I don't like writing off kids after playing less than 10 games but I just don't see it with him. I'm happy to be proven wrong but I can't see him being more than a gun SANFL player who just doesn't quite have the tools to make it at AFL. Gooch out is disappointing given I thought he was one of the few who could hold their heads high after last week.

Dropping Poholke was a no-brainer. I don't like writing off kids after playing less than 10 games but I just don't see it with him. I'm happy to be proven wrong but I can't see him being more than a gun SANFL player who just doesn't quite have the tools to make it at AFL. Gooch out is disappointing given I thought he was one of the few who could hold their heads high after last week.

I'm not knocking Gallooch because I think he'll be good down the track, but last week was a 7 possession game and that's about standard output at this stage. Needs more time in the 2s, gym and on the track to develop to full potential

You've got it. Keath is quick, athletic and he can also play up forward
Certainly tall, athletic, takes a good grab and yes can play forward :thumbsu: but two main flaws:
--- he telegraphs his intentions, s-l-o-o-o-w-l-y. I watched him vs. West Adelaide last week. He'd mark the ball, look, think, look, think some more, then look and think again. Meanwhile West Adelaide players were running to position seeing clearly where he was going to kick the ball, and
--- he's not quick, which is not really his fault. See above, plus he's 202cms and 101Kgs. 1Kg/2cms ;).
If he was quick he'd be the next Lance Franklin, but compared to Buddy, Keath moves glacially.

Certainly tall, athletic, takes a good grab and yes can play forward :thumbsu: but two main flaws:
--- he telegraphs his intentions, s-l-o-o-o-w-l-y. I watched him vs. West Adelaide last week. He'd mark the ball, look, think, look, think some more, then look and think again. Meanwhile West Adelaide players were running to position seeing clearly where he was going to kick the ball, and
--- he's not quick, which is not really his fault. See above, plus he's 202cms and 101Kgs. 1Kg/2cms ;).
If he was quick he'd be the next Lance Franklin, but compared to Buddy, Keath moves glacially.
Compared toBuddy everyone moves glacially

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oooooh. You must have melted. Does the cap fit?

I think most of your posts are cringeworthy so that makes us even.
Even the ones you like?

I find the whole “melts” talk in a selection threads pathetic, posters are allowed to express their opinion on selection without sucks having a crack about it.

Last edited:

I’m sure he’s capable of more as I remember him turning up in the by the numbers on AFC after his first game with a burst speed of around 42ks/hr

Memory can be unreliable.
I Googled "AFL players burst speed" and saw this:
http://www.afl.com.au/news/2017-07-19/tracker-data-reveals-afls-new-speed-king
which quotes a burst speed of 34.somethingKms/hr, while 35.something is elite.
Usain Bolt's top speed is a tad over 44Kms/hr. apparently.

Yep about 10 kph out.
This was a few weeks ago.
Speedsters
1. Lachlan Murphy 34.1km/h
2. Wayne Milera 33.0
3. Tom Doedee 32.8

So he’s around the Doedee level. He’s not having much of a year though.
Cameron must be able to hit 35/36..I guess.

So he’s around the Doedee level. He’s not having much of a year though.
Cameron must be able to hit 35/36..I guess.
Dunno about either of them (Keath/CC). Anybody here know, please?
Keath can move ok for a big bloke --- and he is a big unit --- but watching him against Westies was frustrating. I kept thinking "Move the ball on, just move it!". Meanwhile, Keath was going uhhh, think/look, uuuhhh, look/think, while his options dwindled. Moving the ball fast is one of the keys to our success, well, when we did it well.

Anyway, I'm glad you posted what you did :thumbsu:. I learned something along the way :).

Remove this Banner Ad

Back