Preview Changes: Round 11 vs GWS

Remove this Banner Ad

Jesus what do you do here. The options left are s**t/raw and Murphy (who should be in from that game, move Gallucci to the midfield), there are way too many meh players in our line up.

In: not injured, but not match fit best 22 players, Murphy.
Out: injured players

I don't really give a rat's tossbag about who comes in or out but if Lynch has the C next to his name over Talia then I'll go pretty close to giving up on this club.
Lynch shouldn't even be in the leadership group let alone captaining the side. I'm yet to see him show any leadership whatsoever.

I don't really give a rat's tossbag about who comes in or out but if Lynch has the C next to his name over Talia then I'll go pretty close to giving up on this club.
Talia is one of the very few that can hold his head high today, gave it his all. Good to see him stand out when we're battling - feel like you notice the KP defenders more in games like this.

That goal Melbourne got when Dmac tripped over his own feet and Pyke shook his head in the coaches box summed up our day and stubborn refusal to make the necessary changes at selection.
I'd been out all day and got home to see that. I went out to mow the lawn instead.

GWS are a mess. They have a ton of swift skilful midfielders and then they spend all game trying slow kicks down the line and handballing in circles.

Pick anyone fit.

Come switched on and it should be a comfortable win.

In: keath, obrien, seedsman, murphy, hampton

Out: poholke omitted, jacobs omitted, brown inj,
kelly omitted gibson omitted

GWS are a mess. They have a ton of swift skilful midfielders and then they spend all game trying slow kicks down the line and handballing in circles.

Pick anyone fit.

We are a mess currently as well. Don't count on an easy win. 50/50 game.

Pick anyone fit.

The worry is that Kelly is back & looks quite good.
Shiel and Kelly could singlehandedly kill us in the midfield.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In: keath, obrien, seedsman, murphy, hampton

Out: poholke omitted, jacobs omitted, brown inj,
kelly omitted gibson omitted
Keath no ******* way, got pantsed yesterday by a 22 year old kid Burgess in the SANFL yesterday after a very ordinary effort the week before.

If jacobs doesn't get dropped after that he never will... had his pants pulled down just like he did against grundy and to a lesser extent ryder

In: ROB, Hampton, Murphy, Otten
Out: Jacobs, Poholke, Mackay, Brown

Give ROB a go, Jacobs looks cooked. Hampton has reasonable pace, cracks in hard and can at least kick over a jam tin, so he replaced Poholke. Murphy replaces Mackay, but could have easily been a couple of others. Otten in for Brown, unfortunately, as good as Doedee has been, he does get exposed for size and is probably better suited to a 4th/medium tall role, rather than 3rd tall. Kelly takes Browns spot.

Could drop more, but we’re scraping the bottom of the barrel and one of our big issues is lack of continuity. But need to make a statement, effort wasn’t there, had an 8 day break, injuries are killing us, but it simply wasn’t good enough. Didn’t come to play.

Yuck yuck yuck.

Drop the young blokes.

Yuck.

Awful

Gallucci had 7 kicks and zero handballs in 80% ToG, including spending time in the midfield. You thought that was pretty good Spackler? Poholke had 6 kicks and three handballs and missed two very kickable set shots with 80% ToG You thought that was pretty good Spackler? Even Fogarty only had 9 touches in 81% ToG.

I suggested that we swap Murphy for Poholke, that’s dropping a young bloke for a different young bloke. I also suggested bringing back Seedsman for Gallucci. If (and it is a big if) Seedsman is fit then I think we can all agree he comes straight in.

If we didn’t have 7 or 8 of our best 22 missing then Mackay, Otten and CEY would all be playing SANFL. Gallucci, Poholke, Fogarty and Murphy are all struggling to get much of the ball. If we want to keep in touch with the top four we can’t afford to play them all.

Gallucci had 7 kicks and zero handballs in 80% ToG, including spending time in the midfield. You thought that was pretty good Spackler? Poholke had 6 kicks and three handballs and missed two very kickable set shots with 80% ToG You thought that was pretty good Spackler? Even Fogarty only had 9 touches in 81% ToG.

I suggested that we swap Murphy for Poholke, that’s dropping a young bloke for a different young bloke. I also suggested bringing back Seedsman for Gallucci. If (and it is a big if) Seedsman is fit then I think we can all agree he comes straight in.

If we didn’t have 7 or 8 of our best 22 missing then Mackay, Otten and CEY would all be playing SANFL. Gallucci, Poholke, Fogarty and Murphy are all struggling to get much of the ball. If we want to keep in touch with the top four we can’t afford to play them all.
Gooch is in the Charlie role to be a pressure forward who can run through the middle in spurts. Was again the lead dog for a forward line in that with 24 pressure acts, only Greenwood, Douglas, CEY and Milera had more.

I think it would be disgraceful to drop two of the youngest players in the team, while omitting none of the senior players that spudded it up big time.

Is the future of the football club with a bloke like Gallucci, or is it with David Mackay and Richard Douglas?

You fix the rot first, then you can deal with the 7-gamer that didn't get a handball

Hampton has to come in for Poholke surely, Murphy for Gallucci, Seedsman for Mackay would be my preferred options.

I’m all for playing the young blokes, but Gallucci has been a disgrace 3 weeks in a row and needs to be dropped. It was ridiculous that he played against Melbourne after the tripe he served up against Port and the Dogs.

Poholke isn’t an AFL footballer at this stage. Besides his marking ability which is nice for a player of his size, he has absolutely nothing going for him. Terrible decision maker, poor kick, not overly quick, doesn’t get a stack of the ball at any level. Not in our best 30.

Mackay is a garbage footballer who gets worse in big games. This is a proven fact. Drop. Do not offer him a contract in October. Begone panic merchant.

Jacobs just looks completely shot, but perhaps he just needs a week off to rest. Give him that then reassess.

Atkins and Jenkins are spared by the lack of viable options to replace them. Well and truly on notice for their pathetic lack of intensity though.

So, my changes are as follows:

Out:
Jacobs (managed), Mackay (omitted), Gallucci (omitted), Poholke (omitted)

In:
O’Brien, Hampton, Seedsman, Murphy

If Seed isn’t right to go, I don’t know, give Signorello a game. He’s a twig and will not get more than 10 touches, but the difference between that and what Mackay would provide will be negligible.

If Brown isn’t right to go, Otten comes back for one game only.

I think it would be disgraceful to drop two of the youngest players in the team, while omitting none of the senior players that spudded it up big time.

Is the future of the football club with a bloke like Gallucci, or is it with David Mackay and Richard Douglas?

You fix the rot first, then you can deal with the 7-gamer that didn't get a handball
If we lose next week our season is screwed. Playing Doedee, Fogarty and Murphy who have a grand total of 20AFL games plus another four players with less than 50 games hardly qualifies as ignoring the KIDS.

Which senior players do we drop? I have said elsewhere that I would like to see ROB get some games this year particularly if Sauce is not absolutely 100% fit. Hampton for Mackay would work but Curtly has hardly been bashing down the selectors door. Otten was dropped this week (pretty sure you said this wouldn’t happen). A heap of other senior players were s**t today but does it make sense to drop Hartigan (for Keath?), Gibbs, Atkins, Lynch, Jenkins or Douglas?

Douglas was playing mainly as a forward and had 18 disposals, at least double the output of Gallucci, Poholke and Fogarty.

Did anyone see the incident where Brown got concussed?
Could be this play at about 12m44s left in Q1 - after the tackle, Brown does get up and run towards our D50, where Dees score a goal. After the commercial break, we see Fog in defence and no further sight of Brown.

I think the first gif might shown what could be a whiplash moment (he looked healthy prior to that) The tackle and being chucked to the ground in the second gif looks innocuous but probably didn't help.

01.gif

02.gif

Remove this Banner Ad

Back