Prediction Changes: Round 11 vs Hawthorn + Pre-match discussion

Paracleet

Emotion is not going to get the job done..
Jun 30, 2011
AFL Club
Fremantle
Correction, Hawthorn have been dreadful (0-5) on narrow grounds and are 4-0 on large grounds. Optus is large, this will be very difficult for us.
Three of those losses were at Spotless which has almost identical playing dimensions to Optus and one other was on the SCG which is definitely not narrow, it's one of widest. Only the Geelong game was played on a narrow ground.

Purple_Turtle

Stockholm Syndrome
Oct 12, 2019
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
South Fremantle, Hull City
Hawks on an 8 day break, blues on a 5 day break and swans on a 7 day break, 3 winnable games that we should not be resting anyone for.

Go 3/3 here and we are just outside the 8 believe it or not

If we make finals it'd make us some of the worst post turtles in the history of the AFL.

stax on the mull

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 26, 2010
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Matildas
I think it makes a significant difference to the functioning of the forward line when you have the captain up there helping to organize it.

May 2, 2017
QLD
AFL Club
Fremantle
Three of those losses were at Spotless which has almost identical playing dimensions to Optus and one other was on the SCG which is definitely not narrow, it's one of widest. Only the Geelong game was played on a narrow ground.
Wasn't aware they played the SCG. Isaac Smith said the other day that they always play poorly there and said himself it might have something to do with dimensions.

Aug 16, 2009
UK
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Dragons FFC, Old Easts
WTF IS THAT
Screenshot 2020-08-06 at 09.39.42.png

Apr 26, 2011
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Wimbledon AFC
No worries, interestingly both our clubs thus far have had Jekyll and Hyde performances this season. The Hawks best can be formidable, but our worst is simply unwatchable, so if the same spuds run around ball watching like they did vs the Swans, then Freo should win comfortably...
Would love a win but want to see the youth grow this season more than anything..

stax on the mull

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 26, 2010
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Matildas
There's lots of coloured bib changes in those pictures, but it could be interpreted that Hogan did do some defensive training.

Training report from the west
  • Brayshaw has his upper left leg strapped, didn’t take part in training, did some laps and kicking on his right

• Matera sat out, just did run throughs

• Henry ‘closing in on a debut’
  • Hill, Hogan and Aish all trained

Sep 18, 2015
The Hippodrome
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Hornets, Mariners, Falcons
Just saw a few of the boys picking up some wine from Dan Murphys so if we lose next week I'll know why 😂😂

I guess it is bye week technically?
I don't want to make assumptions but... was Ryan involved? Guy definitely deserves it the way he's been holding up the backline!

WaywardSonSon

Cancelled
Coney Island Warriors - Sweet F.A.
Jun 27, 2020
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Cool Runnings
Will Tabs command the attention of Frawley, or Mr Frost? I'm thinking Frost would gain an ascendency athletically, if the ball was to come to ground, but Tabs would monster him in the air. Would Frawley be likely to win aerial contests against him?

Back