Prediction Changes: Round 11 vs Hawthorn + Pre-match discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

I tell you what, if Henry turns out better than Young and Serong are projecting that fu** me its going to be an exciting decade coming up
with the way that Serong and Young have started their careers, I really want to live in a world where Henry is the best of the lot

Think it's about bigger bodies in the wet mostly and the Freo kids might be found wanting :( I hope not 'cos i want to see the Hawks in a world of pain.
Who knows? It’s a scrap during wet. Hawthorn haven’t had it that hard, mostly dry games. Limits their kicking. But our problem is whenever rain comes, still have the plan of handballing and kicking short. As if it’s a dry game. Frustrating. Have to throw it on the boot and get it forward.

People calling for North and Valente is pretty dumb considering we don't a lot of injuries in the midfield and we have a truck load of inside mids.

Also, we don't have any WAFL games to see form for either players.
Yes but if Bradshaw is rested or injured, I would prefer to bring in another mid as I think that Fyfe will be our most dangerous ‘tall’ forward in those conditions & a tough match up for the Hawks.
Bringing in Valente for Brayshaw allows Fyfe to play forward more as that was sorely missed against Geelong. It’s not bad conditions for an inside mid to debut in as there will be lots of opportunities at ground level to get involved.

Yes but if Bradshaw is rested or injured, I would prefer to bring in another mid as I think that Fyfe will be our most dangerous ‘tall’ forward in those conditions & a tough match up for the Hawks.
Bringing in Valente for Brayshaw allows Fyfe to play forward more as that was sorely missed against Geelong. It’s not bad conditions for an inside mid to debut in as there will be lots of opportunities at ground level to get involved.

I think Blakely and Mundy will be the main inside mids as they were last week. Then Cerra steps in to Brayshaw’s role as the backup to those two. Aish then fills Cerra’s role.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wet weather might help our backline. They've been punching above their weight (or height, rather) for weeks now, but taller and better teams might expose them unfortunately, particularly if it's dry.

It appears Hogan won’t play this week or Henry either, we’d surely have heard about it.
expect to see Aish in for matera and Hill for Watson.
Id like to see matera and Colyer dropped though.
It’s going to be wet. Good call with Hogan. I’d like to see Darcy being rested but don’t want to jinx it. He was awful in the wet vs Geelong.

It appears Hogan won’t play this week or Henry either, we’d surely have heard about it.
expect to see Aish in for matera and Hill for Watson.
Id like to see matera and Colyer dropped though.

Longmuir said he expects Hogan to be ready for monday if he gets through training today

Matera(ommited) and Brayshaw (soreness) probably the outs.
aft
Ryan Daniels does a pretty good job covering Freo. In his twitter he said Brayshaw is likely, Aish and Hill to play and Hogan in contention.
He also said Liam Henry is rearing up the training track and could debut a week after.
If Brayshaw, Hill and Aish play. Then the outs would be maybe Matera and Duman with some midfield players rotated forward more.
if Hogan plays then I think they rest one of Darcy or Lobb. due to the conditions. I'd give Hogan another week.

Ryan Daniels does a pretty good job covering Freo. In his twitter he said Brayshaw is likely, Aish and Hill to play and Hogan in contention.
He also said Liam Henry is rearing up the training track and could debut a week after.
If Brayshaw, Hill and Aish play. Then the outs would be maybe Matera and Duman with some midfield players rotated forward more.
if Hogan plays then I think they rest one of Darcy or Lobb. due to the conditions. I'd give Hogan another week.

Ryan Daniels has definitely been a great observer, reporter this season. Refreshing really that someone form Channel 7 actually does a half decent job.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back