Prediction Changes: Round 11 vs Hawthorn + Pre-match discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Hogan to CHB, particularly for a wet game, makes a lot of sense to me.
Why? Who do Hawthorn have that’s threatening?
Honestly think Hogan in is too tall. They have Gunston who kicked 3, and OBrien. Just a strange call, if it comes through.
We certainly love recruiting high profile forwards to then trial them in Defence, don’t we?

Honestly think Hogan in is too tall. They have Gunston who kicked 3, and OBrien. Just a strange call, if it comes through.
We certainly love recruiting high profile forwards to then trial them in Defence, don’t we?
It'd be for one game man, not a permanent move to defence

A lot of chatter re Hogan to CHB.
Interesting proposition so Duman out for Hogan and Hill and Aish for Frederick and Colyer.
I think the likely out come if Hogan plays defence would be 2 defenders out for him and Hill. May be rough though as the only other defender i would drop is Tobe and he looked very good so maybe you are right on that call.

I think we will be too tall forward if Hogan is in for a wet game.

He'd allow either Hughes or Ryan to take a small, which I think would be preferable.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

if he's not playing then posts like these are a cruel tease

Is it too much to infer from this tweet that freo plan to play Henry on the wing? Henry was incredible on the wing vs Vic Country in last year's u18. Will need to build quite the endurance base for AFL which may be why they're holding him back. Might be I'm just reading into this too much though.

Henry debuting next week would mean he will debut against the team that bid on him in the draft (Carlton game). Would be an interesting coincidence.

didn't Jlo basically rule Henry out for this week? something along the lines of being close but not this week?
this was his response to a question from Daniels which was along the lines of “seems unlikely he’ll play this week, but surely you’re excited to bring Liam Henry in soon”

Listening to Justin’s video on the Freo app. I don’t think we will see Henry against them hawks. He also thinks we will have sonny back for the next game.

Sonny and Henry in on the same week would be nice. Even better if both are played predominantly forward.

One of Hogan's worst attributes is his defensive game, surely not at CHB

Normally I would say Hogan is in someone has to make room but if it's raining heavily I am not sure what he will add.

One of Hogan's worst attributes is his defensive game, surely not at CHB
Apparently Hogan has played back successfully
Hogan would stack up pretty well to Tarrant prior to his move into the backline. Got a great tank on him, reads the game brilliantly, his tackling and 1% numbers are what you'd expect from a big forward.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back