Prediction Changes: Round 11 vs Hawthorn + Pre-match discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Someone asked ryan Daniels about Sturt playing and he said “unlikely for this week”
Not sure if Rhino saying that on the back of something that was said at the presser or not. If yes, suggests sturts TBA might not be too severe and he could yet play this season.

Someone asked ryan Daniels about Sturt playing and he said “unlikely for this week”
Not sure if Rhino saying that on the back of something that was said at the presser or not. If yes, suggests sturts TBA might not be too severe and he could yet play this season.

Doesn’t sound great...

Simon Garlick on Sam Sturt's ankle problem
"As I understand it, we are very hopeful of getting Sturty back at some point this year. It's probably been set back a little bit further than we'd really like. We think very highly of Sam. We are certainly erring on the side of caution"

The only thing I like about Hogan playing defence is it might snap him back into the contested marking beast he was meant to be, once this happens he can go back to monstering defenders. No more of this marking along the wings and outside 50 shite.

I reckon resting Hogan is the safest bet this week, give him until next Saturday so he's really 100% ready to go. That way you can have the big ins with Walters and Henry too. If you have to bring him in then just plonk him in defence for the game.

I reckon resting Hogan is the safest bet this week, give him until next Saturday so he's really 100% ready to go. That way you can have the big ins with Walters and Henry too. If you have to bring him in then just plonk him in defence for the game.
I don't want Hogan playing 2 games in 5 days.

Monday the game will be wet and another runner would be better than playing an underdone key forward.

Typical. We won’t see him for the rest of the season I’d say. Pathetic when “getting through training” is even an ordeal.
Nah you'd reckon that he'll be alright for Saturday, bringing him in this game would be a huge risk anyway given the predicted conditions

Given it looks like a wet one, it's going to be a test of Longmuir's coaching ability. We've played 2 wet games and played hopelessly in each, with the coach admitting that we overused the ball and tried maintaining possession when we really should have played for territory. Plenty of advance notice of rain for this one and the message should be loud and clear.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is there a bit of frostiness in that pic?? Jesse dummy spit?

Why wouldn't be finish training? Unless he's injured which would completely suck balls.

Typical. We won’t see him for the rest of the season I’d say. Pathetic when “getting through training” is even an ordeal.
Eastaugh said Hogan was fine on radio this arvo, they are just being conservative with him.

Eastaugh said Hogan was fine on radio this arvo, they are just being conservative with him.
Conservative? When JL said he just needs to get through training to be available for selection. Why would they need to be conservative suddenly?

I'm worried. This has got another Freo-ism written all over it.

Weather will determine some of the final selection. Actually looks like it will start to ease off on Monday evening with cloud cover dropping to 50%. I don't think the rain will be like the Geelong game, but a bit more than the Collingwood game.

I do hope they don't drop my boy Fast Freddie Frederick!! He's frenetic, and will cause the loping Hawks' defence some issues!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back