Prediction Changes: Round 11 vs Hawthorn + Pre-match discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Said it after the Geelong game and copped plenty of flak over it but Frederick is out of his depth , needs a break to have a think about the game.
He is exciting and will make it , nothing wrong with going back and working on your game.
Don't want to boast but I predicted his struggles highlighting his preseason form in mandurah as an indicator and got booed on here.

8 day break from the Magpies to Hawks games and then a 5 day break to the Blues game.

Hawks:
Out: Matera In: Walters
Out: Coyler. In: Aish
Out: Duiman In: Hill

Blues
Out: Frederick In: Henry
Out: Darcy. In: Hogan or Meek
Out: Schultz In: Sturt

So I was told Henry is debuting this week and I'm sticking to it

Out: Duman, Colyer, Matera, someone

In: Hill, Aish, Henry, Hogan

I suppose the someone is Fredericks but I think his pace is needed.

Crowden and Watson would be crazy harsh to get dropped, maybe Henry is going to be the game after

would be keen as for Henry to play on Monday, but the early forecast is that the games going to be bloody ugly (15-25mm of rain, chance of a storm)

So I was told Henry is debuting this week and I'm sticking to it

Out: Duman, Colyer, Matera, someone

In: Hill, Aish, Henry, Hogan

I suppose the someone is Fredericks but I think his pace is needed.

Crowden and Watson would be crazy harsh to get dropped, maybe Henry is going to be the game after

4 changes after a win? Don't see tbh. Selection comitee have been conservative all season.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Going to be positively monsoonal conditions for this game, not sure it's the right time for Henry as much as I can't wait to see him play.
True but they're also bad conditions to bring back recent soft tissue injuries like Hill and Hogan.
So maybe aish in and knowing our luck in the first quarter he gets hit on the head by a piece of hail and fails concussion test

True but they're also bad conditions to bring back recent soft tissue injuries like Hill and Hogan.
So maybe aish in and knowing our luck in the first quarter he gets hit on the head by a piece of hail and fails concussion test

We'll bring back both and it'll backfire. Again.

Hogan for Matera (reckon Hogan might have more chance of winning those many aerial battles Brandon lost last week)
Aish for Colyer (lose a bit of speed but get some classy i50 entries)
Henry for Frederick (similar speed but Henry has far superior skills - Henry wouldn't be being picked unless his defensive pressure was good)

Should be a key consideration imo.

Aish was off with concussion which unless really bad in generally a one week injury. Should come in.

Leave Hill, Hogan and hopefully Walters for the following Saturday.
That’s what I like to see.

2 games in 5 days is pretty difficult.

Reducing the number of players playing both games I think would get a better result.

Managing young players is must and even bigger rotation in the middle.

If Hogan, Hill , Walters or even Sturt broke down I will burn down Cockburn Arc.

Last edited:
Think Mundy will get a break, perhaps when Walters comes back. Think Henry swapping for Frederick could happen. Did hear Prior mentioning North and Valente training well in an interview on Monday night. Maybe Darcy gets a break too and either Lobb leads the ruck and Hogan comes in as a forward - or Meek debuts against Carlton.

Hogan, Hill and Aish all ready. Good problem to have with this weeks selection. Maybe 2 or 3 changes. Probably Matera, Colyer who did some sharp crumbing on Sunday and someone else even more unlucky.

Yeah considering it is going to be a deluge we should probably go with a smaller lineup and we have a 5 day break following i think these should be the changes.

In - Aish, Henry

Out - Duman, Colyer/Matera

Bring in Hill, Hogan and Walters the next week.

I reckon minimal after that win.

In - Henry, Aish
Out - Matera, Colyer

Agree with those ins next game, is only 5 days anyway so give some sore boys a rest. Sends a better message.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back