Prediction Changes: Round 11 vs Hawthorn + Pre-match discussion

Moonrat

Team Captain
Sep 9, 2018
AFL Club
Fremantle
Mmmmmmm tough.

Out: Fredericks I think. Looks a little lost but will be great in time.
Matera maybe.

In: Sturt and Hogan

s**t I forgot Walters and Aish. Mmmmmm tough selection calls coming

Apr 10, 2010
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
AFC Wimbledon
Think we can carry Fredericks for now while he works on his kicking, he adds enough effort and much needed pace.

With the bye (even a short one) ins and outs are a bit off but the chance to get a few of these guys back in will be great;

Walters, Aish, Hill, Hogan, Sturt, Giro

canteven

Draftee
Jun 30, 2019
AFL Club
Fremantle
I think Matera will go out and Walters will come back in hard to see anyone else get pushed out of the side after tonight’s effort

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Jezzitizle

Premiership Player
Aug 17, 2009
AFL Club
Fremantle
Maynard destroyed Frederick, he’s a bit too raw and you can see not quite confident in himself yet, certain out.

Walters in.

Aish a certain in, no idea who for.

Sep 11, 2008
Adelaide
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Man Utd
Walters for Matera
Hill for Duman
Aish for Bewley. And Bewley would be unlucky
They are all good changes.

Hopefully Henry, Sturt and Hogan will all be available next week and we will have some pressure on the best 22.

Bewley covers a lot of K's, I wonder if he is playing the defensive winger role or something like that, and the coaches really value it.

Any one at the game, what is his running of the ball like?

Sep 11, 2008
Adelaide
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Man Utd
Broken record here but again Matera with 5-6 possessions, probably a third his career average. He just isn't getting enough of the ball. 33% disposal efficiency tonight better than 0% last week but still terrible. Can't afford to just carry a player every week. 29 next year, so why persist.

On Pixel 2 using BigFooty.com mobile app
On top of that he was out marked several times and added no forward pressure. Please delist him

Apr 10, 2010
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
AFC Wimbledon
I can understand the calls to drop Frederick and I certainly won't be surprised if he is omitted now that he has had his first exposure to that AFL level... but even though he was running about a bit wildly tonight, he was running and with real pace and intent. And that resulted in pressure on Collingwood players. Maybe not as efficiently as a more experienced player but he never let up from the first bounce down until the final siren.

Likewise his disposals overall were poor but at least he got involved and broke free enough to get those disposals. If the body doesn't need a rest I'd leave him in and keep the experience coming. There are other players that could make room for returning players like Hill, Walters etc.

Jan 18, 2002
A bay at Rotto
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
East Rottnest
As with all these discussions, we first need to know who is available to come back in.

I’ve stamped Matera’s paper’s - POQ.

Happy with Freddy, Crowden & Schultz due to the pressure they put in to stop the ball coming out of the 50. I can understand if Freddy is dropped, but the IN must be quality.

Colyer ?, did he do his role.

Check back closer to our next game, when we’ll know better who is available.

Wally Walpamur

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 23, 2016
AFL Club
Fremantle
We’ll have a better idea of changes after we find out who else has done their hammy tonight and how many more already injuries go from ‘TEST’ to ‘TBC’

Bring back Drum

Mundy4Hundy
Jul 8, 2019
AFL Club
Fremantle
There’s a lot of presumptions here that nobody is injured, going to get injured or as previously losing their head.
Aish will be available & hopefully Walters. So with no injuries (🤞) I’m going with Matera & Frederick (just over Colyer for now)for those 2.
Thought Colyer was pretty solid with everything he did tonight, where Freddy needs to work on his running patterns, just seemed 2 seconds off the pace tonight.

Square Peg

Cancelled
Fremantle Poster of the Year Fremantle Board Tipping Champion
Jul 20, 2014
AFL Club
Fremantle
Matera the only one with an asterisk against him tonight. I wouldn't risk Walters this early. Sturt for Matera please.

Back