Prediction Changes: Round 11 vs Hawthorn + Pre-match discussion

wayToGo_

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 24, 2015
AFL Club
Fremantle
Out: The embarrassment that is the first few pages of the Game Day thread :)

In: Nah put the back in again - it wouldn't be a Freo win if it wasn't a rollercoaster ride.

Out: Colyer, Duman, Matera
In: Aish, Hill, Walters

Harsh on the first two but we have quality coming back. Matera is done, Walters to play as a pure small forward to add some more ground class.

Would prefer Watson over Duman at the moment but that might be a shiny new toy thing.

If Hogan gets up (Sturt a couple of weeks away I think) then it will be a tough call.

TheMcManusNose

Premiership Player
Apr 21, 2014
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Vancouver Canucks
Matera the only obvious casualty probably. Would like to get rid of Colyer as well.

Frederick good pressure but probably a work in progress so could maybe do with a break.

Sturt, Henry, Aish, Hogan ideally to choose from. I'd consider having a look at one of the NGA boys if a couple of those guys doesn't get up.

No way Walters gets up, the next game is Monday. I'd rather not have another minor hamstring be re-injured.

Out: The embarrassment that is the first few pages of the Game Day thread :)

In: Nah put the back in again - it wouldn't be a Freo win if it wasn't a rollercoaster ride.
Was old mate Brades everywhere in the first quarter before going silent after that?

wayToGo_

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 24, 2015
AFL Club
Fremantle
Was old mate Brades everywhere in the first quarter before going silent after that?
No but it's still pretty funny to read through retrospectively.

A few people were going a bit crazy at the stadium as well about not scoring in the first quarter but it was pretty clear we didn't want them to jump out to a quick lead like they did to WC last week. We were getting opportunities - just stuffing them up.

The only negative throughout the game that caught my eye is our unwillingness to attack the corridor from the kick-in. A number of times we had options but we weren't even looking, let alone pulling the trigger on them. Our defensive structure was awesome the whole game this week and we also held pretty good length. JLo has the team heading in the right direction.

Dockeroo

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 1, 2019
AFL Club
Fremantle
I don’t think Colyer did enough tonight if the likes of Hill and Sturt and Hogan are available. Walters a certainty to come in for matera. Schultz was ok tonight but the last time he had a good game he followed it up with two absolute stinkers. We need more consistency.
Fredericks could be vulnerable but he’s got a big future.

Blakely must have done something that I couldn’t see from the stadium - his disposal was atrociou.

matera out for Sturt, Blakely for Hill
JL said he’s staying in for a while now and I think the proof is in the pudding. Made the midfield better as a unit.

The guy has been playing Mickey Mouse football for 3+ months, he should improve next week though his disposal is obviously never going to anything above average

Back