Prediction Changes: Round 11 vs Hawthorn + Pre-match discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Talk is cheap and actions speak louder than words.

If our coaching thinks he is special then play him.

In most years we have WAFL form and stats to see if a player is knocking down the door.

We don’t have that this year.

Valente junior career “ was” impressive and I liked the drafting of him.

The kid has been unlucky with injury but he won’t be the last.

JL has played Sturt,Serong,Frederick, Young, Watson as rookies this year. If Valente was better than Serong he would have got a game.

Blakely and Acres beat him to a spot in the team.

'was'? Why are you so keen to write him off?

No-one is suggesting he's better then Serong. You got me all wrong. He'll be a Sam Mitchell like Serong is a Neale type. Different.

He's been emergency last few weeks. So coaches rate him. He's coming. And he's ahead of acres. And will overtake Blakely by the end of the year.

Duman on the wing....didn’t see that one coming. Says more about Acres than Taylin, I reckon.

Duman seems a bit too tall for a winger in the pouring rain when the ball is gonna be on the deck a ton. Maybe he’ll rotate with Hilly? Curious.

Also interested to see ol Mitch play the full forward crumbing role. Prefer him to Banfield at this point.

Mitchy kicks a bag. Freo by 12.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Duman on the wing....didn’t see that one coming. Says more about Acres than Taylin, I reckon.

Duman seems a bit too tall for a winger in the pouring rain when the ball is gonna be on the deck a ton. Maybe he’ll rotate with Hilly? Curious.

Also interested to see ol Mitch play the full forward crumbing role. Prefer him to Banfield at this point.

Mitchy kicks a bag. Freo by 12.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
wouldn't take that as gospel, JL said in presser that Aish will be returning to the wing and the team sheet has him back pocket

No-one is suggesting he's better then Serong. You got me all wrong. He'll be a Sam Mitchell like Serong is a Neale type. Different.

He's been emergency last few weeks. So coaches rate him. He's coming. And he's ahead of acres. And will overtake Blakely by the end of the year.
He has 8 games left on his contract (incl. Hawks) and he is yet to debut. I hope he is bloody good plays 200 games for us but he is running out of time.

He was injured all last year. He has plenty of time.
He played 10 WAFL games in the second half of last year.

Right now I don't know why he is a slam dunk to get a new contract. He seems to be a fair way down the depth chart, we will be needing to move on at least 3, and he will be out of contract.

Knowing the way we like to hold on to players as rookies, he will probably get at least one more year. But I hope he doesn't end up like North or Dixon.

Along the lines of he was only dropped for Collingwood game because of fitness and he's ready to come back in
In fairness to Acres, what do you expect him to say? “I’m s**t and I probably won’t get a game for the rest of the season”?
Like all professional players, he’s got to have belief in his own ability and be optimistic. He has played 75 odd AFL games so he can’t be a total spud. I thought he was really poor the last day he played but not writing him off yet by any means.

Junior careers get you drafted.

I am not writing him off and not saying he will make it. I just don’t know.

My point is that people shouldn’t make statements about a player until they see him play.

Too many people are overhyping a player who hasn’t played a game.

My point is that people shouldn’t make statements about a player until they see him play.

For someone who makes a whole heap of prophetic statements about entire drafts you sure have a problem with people judging one player early.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There was early vids of freo training taken around february that showed Valente and Fyfe going head to head in a centre bounce. Valente beat Fyfe and made a great clearance. Hard breaking into our midfield right now but if we push Fyfe and Walters closer to goal then he should get a chance.

Completely agree - I’m surprised the hype hasn’t turned into a debut. Hoping when he does get in he gets at least a three to four game run at it minimum. Unless he performs terribly.

Watson out is disappointing for him given his form last week. Aish and Hilly are B22 locks, someone had to go and Duman would also have been unlucky.

Hogan an in for Carlton please - He needs a run of games and we have better form now than before he was injured. I’d bet we wouldn’t miss him wide open on the lead 35-40m out five to six times again like we were.

Anyone want to suggest the logic of having Hogan as emergency? He’s not good enough for best 22?
Yeah I wondred about that choice also...either something is wrong in the space time continuum, or he's not match fit haha.

Anyone want to suggest the logic of having Hogan as emergency? He’s not good enough for best 22?
I wouldnt read too much into it, could be any number of reasons.
Are all players allowed to attend the game or just those selected to play/emergency?
We have a pretty extensive injury list, maybe we were short of other options.
Maybe they named a team on saturday including emergencies( that wasnt published), but then decided Hogan needed more rest on Sunday when offical teams were published.
I would be shocked if hogan plays in a reserve game.

I wouldnt read too much into it, could be any number of reasons.
Are all players allowed to attend the game or just those selected to play/emergency?
We have a pretty extensive injury list, maybe we were short of other options.
Maybe they named a team on saturday including emergencies( that wasnt published), but then decided Hogan needed more rest on Sunday when offical teams were published.
I would be shocked if hogan plays in a reserve game.
Sonny was at the game last week and he wasn’t an emergency, so I assume all our players are allowed to attend

If it's dry, someone comes out with a pretend niggle for the extra tall. If it's still wet, are we going to do that with another of the talls from a winning side?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back