Unofficial Preview Changes Round 12 v Kangaroos at Metricon, YAY! 7 day break.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I reckon in a 100m race between Lester and Witherden, I’d have the house on Lester to win it. Any other distances, the greater the distance the more Lester wins by.
I'll take that bet.....What type of house do you own & approximate location?
That info will help with my decision on whether to keep it as a holiday destination or just on-sell it.

Given the Roos shocking disposal wet weather should help them. Hopefully we can capitalise on any periods during the game where it's fairly dry

Given the Roos shocking disposal wet weather should help them. Hopefully we can capitalise on any periods during the game where it's fairly dry

We are a dominant territory team though - I think it'll be a matter of when the dam wall breaks, we will put them away. We've shown this year we need just one quarter to win.

I'll take that bet.....What type of house do you own & approximate location?
That info will help with my decision on whether to keep it as a holiday destination or just on-sell it.
Hopefully yours is in Currumbin or somewhere near the beach. I like that part of the world.

Payne surely comes back in for Rich to get more of a run at it. If we do rest Charlie we lose a bit of that fwd pushing back up the ground so perhaps we bring TBerry back in to help with speed and pressure.

Can see hodgey pulling him aside this week and giving him a few words of advise! I can see hodgey playing a massive role in the development of Starc!
I think with Hodgey doing media, I don't think he is allowed near the players or coaches. I think he is outside of the bubble, which is a shame because he would be an asset

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I reckon in a 100m race between Lester and Witherden, I’d have the house on Lester to win it. Any other distances, the greater the distance the more Lester wins by.
Witherden does look like he is running in powdered snow. Lester though is in quick sand.

I think with Hodgey doing media, I don't think he is allowed near the players or coaches. I think he is outside of the bubble, which is a shame because he would be an asset

Not quite, just steps away for a week if he's doing the media for a Lion's game. Is still working at the club throughout the season.

How’s his foot kicking and arm tackling?
He does everything right except gets exposed for pace. That’s all. At times when he is under pressure he tries to kick the ball off the ground but other than that he does everything right. He is a a Leader, makes good decisions and tackles hard. It really comes down to the balance in the backline because we have many players that are similar that is why we have introduced Starcevich and Ah Chee in the backline to add pace. We were exposed on several occasions last year especially in the finals series when the opposition coach found a mismatch against our defenders.

The funny thing is both of them would make 99% of the population look slow and unfit.
lester did mow down a few quick players last year. Would you believe . ha ha.

He can get up to a fairly good pace , just needs time, so probably gets shown up when he has to turn and chase from a stand still.
I think from my failing memory it could of been against one of the Tigers quicks he mowed down.
Witho on the other hand appears to have a very slow top speed, I'm 55 and I reckon I could out sprint him over 100m , well that's
if there was free beer for a year at the other end or something, and free physio and a cardioligist and Ambo's .
But seriously, witho has to work on his running as well of course his elite kicking.

There's also different types of speed. Burst speed sustained speed. Froggy isn't lightning over the few 5-10 metres, but once he gets up and going he can match it with a lot of guys. I'd most definitely back him in over 100m vs Witho, who seems to start slow, builds into a nice steady lope and then fades after that.

There's also different types of speed. Burst speed sustained speed. Froggy isn't lightning over the few 5-10 metres, but once he gets up and going he can match it with a lot of guys. I'd most definitely back him in over 100m vs Witho, who seems to start slow, builds into a nice steady lope and then fades after that.
:p:thumbsu:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back