Unofficial Preview Changes Round 12 v Kangaroos at Metricon, YAY! 7 day break.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

M Malice

Hall of Famer
Aug 31, 2015
By the Gabba.
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Valleys. Chelsea.
Outs- Cam Elllis-Yolmen, Charlie Cameron?

Ins- Rhys Matheison, Keidean Coleman?

I've thought CEY has been ordinary against the Tigers and Bulldogs, time to unleash the Beastmode. Matty Eagles deserves another shot, with Archie and Stef out for an extended period he could lock down that spot for now. Hoping Charlie is fine, they might give him a break just to be cautious.

We should win this one comfortably.

(Read in Fagan's voice ) "I don't know if anyone realises we have played 4 games in 13 days" and made only 5 unforced changes during this time, so imagine us coming off a win and get a 7 day rest to top things off :D:D:D

North have an extremely tall team this week so we might need Payne.

Payne for Witherden or possibly Starcevich

Can't see any other unforced changes

Without knowing the form in the reserves I'd bring in ESmith for CEY and Dev for Robbo. Both not contributing enough.

North have an extremely tall team this week so we might need Payne.

Payne for Witherden or possibly Starcevich

Can't see any other unforced changes

Without knowing the form in the reserves I'd bring in ESmith for CEY and Dev for Robbo. Both not contributing enough.
Do you drop Witherden after a very good 3 weeks back in the side? Adding him to the side gives us 3 elite kicks coming out of the backline giving so many options to attach through the corridor

Do you drop Witherden after a very good 3 weeks back in the side? Adding him to the side gives us 3 elite kicks coming out of the backline giving so many options to attach through the corridor

It also gives us 3 pretty average defenders. His first game back was great but his last 2 were fairly average.

It also gives us 3 pretty average defenders. His first game back was great but his last 2 were fairly average.

A bit harsh on tonights game imo. I thought later in the game he stood up in defence - did some nice defensive acts such as an intercept mark, spoil etc. Also ran hard to receive after his kickout.

3KZ is Trolling?
Not at all. With Ben Brown out, we have a chance to give Andrews a spell and get him cherry ripe for the St.Kilda game. He looked like he was running on the spot last night. Mitch is only human and he would benefit from a rest too in my opinion. This thread is for “spitballing” and that’s what I have done. Nothing for the “thumbs down” brigade to get all hissy about

Not at all. With Ben Brown out, we have a chance to give Andrews a spell and get him cherry ripe for the St.Kilda game. He looked like he was running on the spot last night. Mitch is only human and he would benefit from a rest too in my opinion. This thread is for “spitballing” and that’s what I have done. Nothing for the “thumbs down” brigade to get all hissy about

Fair enough - sounds more reasonable when you elaborated but I think some people were just shocked at your outs.

Personally I think the 7 day break will do the players wonders and can't imagine any will need resting. To think last week we played two games in 8 days, so a 7 day break will do them a world of good. If it was another four day break though I couldn't see Robbo getting up for it.

Fair enough - sounds more reasonable when you elaborated but I think some people were just shocked at your outs.

Personally I think the 7 day break will do the players wonders and can't imagine any will need resting. To think last week we played two games in 8 days, so a 7 day break will do them a world of good. If it was another four day break though I couldn't see Robbo getting up for it.
... and to Robinson’s great credit you could see him digging deep and willing himself into the game last night. Robbo is an absolute role model when it comes to passion and physical commitment. Sometimes when you watch what he does on the field you can forget he is only human.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

3KZ is Trolling?

no way is Andrews getting rested unless he is injured.

These guys will be wearing their fatigue and bloody hard fortnight as badges of pride and will see being rested after a whole seven day break as a vote of no confidence.

north’s are going to cop a team of game hardened men walking tall with confidence, and bursting with eagerness.

it going to be a demolition and I can’t wait.

In: Lester, Mathieson, Christensen, Payne
Out: Andrews (managed), Robinson (managed), Cameron (injured/managed), CEY (omitted).
Don’t disagree.

Unsurprising that so many’s default position is you are trolling. As always, an astute footy brain.

It’s hard to know how certain players are tracking physically, but on the vision of last night’s game, as we commented last night, it looked like both Robinson and Andrews were on their feet.

Similarly, I’d bring in Mathieson for CEY.

We obviously won’t know about Cameron for a day or two but if there is any chance he still feels a niggle, I’d save him for the Saints game.

The other change I’d consider is Cox in for Starcevich, who had a pretty sizeable ice pack on his hammy at the conclusion of the game. Again we’ll have to wait and see until the injury report comes out.

And if speculating on certain topics is taboo, we may as well shut up BF.

Don’t disagree.

Unsurprising that so many’s default position is you are trolling. As always, an astute footy brain.

It’s hard to know how certain players are tracking physically, but on the vision of last night’s game, as we commented last night, it looked like both Robinson and Andrews were on their feet.

Similarly, I’d bring in Mathieson for CEY.

We obviously won’t know about Cameron for a day or two but if there is any chance he still feels a niggle, I’d save him for the Saints game.

The other change I’d consider is Cox in for Starcevich, who had a pretty sizeable ice pack on his hammy at the conclusion of the game. Again we’ll have to wait and see until the injury report comes out.

And if speculating on certain topics is taboo, we may as well shut up BF.

I think it was more the way he presented his post than the opinion itself. When he elaborated I'm not sure anybody would question if he was trolling.

Then again, if 3KZ is Football selected his son to debut I'd have some doubts!

I think it was more the way he presented his post than the opinion itself. When he elaborated I'm not sure anybody would question if he was trolling.

Then again, if 3KZ is Football selected his son to debut I'd have some doubts!
With a name like Quinlan, he’d have to be good.

I still can’t believe 3KZ is Football convinced his wife to go with the name; fair achievement in itself.

I still can’t believe 3KZ is Football convinced his wife to go with the name; fair achievement in itself.
He is a great overhead mark and a dead eye in front of goals.

IMO CEY, Starcevich, Charlie and Mitch have been down on form the last 2 games, Mitch has enough runs on the board to remain in the side, Charlie puts panic into other sides even when out of form so not going anywhere, Starcevich gets a bit of leeway being younger, CEY has experience on his side so time to be in the outs for me.

Best of all, when I was chatting to Bernie at a Fitzroy reunion he seemed genuinely touched. My partner knows ZERO about football and she picked the name out of an online baby name site. She said, “what about Quinlan?” and without letting on I said something like “well done honey, that’s a great name.” We we’re settled on that name from that moment. I didn’t let on and when he was born, Quinlan it was. All my mates thought I had pulled off the scam of the century! Thing is that the name really suits him and Quin is a great abbreviation too.

Best of all, when I was chatting to Bernie at a Fitzroy reunion he seemed genuinely touched. My partner knows ZERO about football and she picked the name out of an online baby name site. She said, “what about Quinlan?” and without letting on I said something like “well done honey, that’s a great name.” We we’re settled on that name from that moment. I didn’t let on and when he was born, Quinlan it was. All my mates thought I had pulled off the scam of the century! Thing is that the name really suits him and Quin is a great abbreviation too.

You ain't seen nothing like the might Quin!

Harris looked completely done last night right from the start. He'll be right by next week. CEY looked fantastic until he tried to bend over and pick up the ball. Tipping he wasn't right .

Down back we missed Ah Chee a bit because despite what others think he's been defending fairly well as he showed when he went forward and was able to attack and defend. It's going to be tough breaking into the forward line when Rayner comes back.

Starc. was a little down last night . If he doesn't come up it could be Cox.

Robbo has more than enough runs on the board . Week off will help him.

Love to have a look at Coleman if Charlie isn't up to it.

My grandson is named Jonathan after Jonathan Brown, he was very nearly named Jonathan Brown ..surname.. but they went with the grandfathers name on the mothers side as the middle name instead, Jonathan plays Aussie rules now and loves the Lions, he reckons it would have been so cool if his parents went the whole hog with Jonathan Brown as his given names.

In: coleman, Skinner

Out: Charlie (inj), matty Eagles

Eagles cracked in and made a good contribution last night and most certainly didn't have his colours lowered, but with Oscar now showing he can play as the sole ruck with reduced quarters id be keen to get more minutes into our young talls. thought Skinner showed a better read of thr game than balladeen and just needs to build his confidence and stop worrying about making mistakes, so he gets the nod

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back