Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur
Out: Howard, Williams
In: Stringer, Redpath

That'll do for me.

No Redpath? Swap with Hunter or Grant then.

[edit] Forgot about Liam Jones, he'll inevitably come in, although I'd still rather Redpath given a shot.

Last edited:
Nobody really deserves to be dropped in my opinion. Howard deserves another week, was good later on in the game and that would be a very hard game to come into. Let's see how he goes against Brisbane. Jones and Grant have to come in, and maybe we'll see Boyd and Stringer back too. Not sure who goes out. Roberts would have to make way, not due to poor form but I don't think there's any way he'll have more output than Grant. Really don't want to drop Williams either, think he deserves a decent run at it, but may have to make way until he can find some form in the VFL.

In: Jones, Grant; maybe Stringer, maybe Boyd
Out: I'm not sure. Jones and Grant need to come in, not sure who I'd want to drop for them

Is Jones back from suspension? Williams should probably go out, he was pretty bad.
Grant should come in as well.

Not sure on who else goes out.
You think wallis and Boyd can play together igloo?? I'm a big Boyd supporter but wallis played well today and it's hard to see how adding Boyd back in helps better balance our midfield.

You think wallis and Boyd can play together igloo?? I'm a big Boyd supporter but wallis played well today and it's hard to see how adding Boyd back in helps better balance our midfield.
I'm not sure, tbh. Wallis did play well, so he has to stay in. In a moment of reflection after the game, I did question whether we were better off just playing all these young guys, and pushing guys like Boyd out.
I think they might be able to, but the downsides are pretty clear to see. I don't think it would work against every team. There are some that would cut us up because of it. But I think it's possible, in some cases.
It's a tough question, and I don't envy the people who have to decide on it.

I'm not sure, tbh. Wallis did play well, so he has to stay in. In a moment of reflection after the game, I did question whether we were better off just playing all these young guys, and pushing guys like Boyd out.
I think they might be able to, but the downsides are pretty clear to see. I don't think it would work against every team. There are some that would cut us up because of it. But I think it's possible, in some cases.
It's a tough question, and I don't envy the people who have to decide on it.

Boyd will inevitably come back in if he's fit.

As for Howard, let's not forget he's been on the list for 5 years. He was lucky to get a game today with Boyd being a late withdrawal, and he didn't play any better than we've seen during his entire career with us; doesn't chase hard enough, doesn't work hard enough to get into space and doesn't seem to have any high quality attributes beyond good, clean kicking. At this point, he's still a huge favourite to be delisted at the end of the year.

Someone's also got to go out of the team with Boyd, Jones & possibly Stringer & Hunter to come in.

In Stevie J Grant, Jones, Cordy, Boyd (if fit)

out Roberts, Williams, Stevens (too many slow plodders and cant have both him and Boyd in the side), Gia (either plays the whole game and coach from the field or just coach from the bench and be done with it)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jack Redpath = Matthew Panos
Completely different. Panos was talented at U/18 level and played all high representative footy. We recruited Redpath as a slight-mature ager (he was 20 when we drafted him, iirc?) out of a country league (very rare in the modern day and age) where he was called "the best player in the Bendigo League).

Changes

Ins
Grant, Stringer, Jones,

Outs
Williams, Roberts, Gia,

Go big against Lions defence and no need to go tall against the lions forwards. We should absolutely destroy them in the middle. Want another quality ball user in but we really dont have any more

I miss Tory Dickson already.

Slag him off if you will but that dude can take a contested mark and slot em. Wish we had him back.

I see value in keeping Howard in the side and including Redpath. They are both playing for their careers. Just think if they both turned it around like Grant.

We've always needed an aggressive monster in the forward line but the problem has always been Redpath has never deserved it.... Until recently. He has had a brilliant last three weeks in the VFL. Give him as bloody go!

We need to get senior games into Cordy/Campbell what better week than a team that will use Stefen Martin and their full back in ruck due to injuries.

In Jones Boyd Cordy or Campbell
Out Howard Gia Roberts

Out - Williams
In - jones

Out - Roberts
In - grant

Out - gia
In - hunter

FB: picken roughead wood
Hb: Howard Morris Higgins
C: macrae wallis murphy
Hf: grant Crameri Stevens
Ff: dal jones hunter
R: Minson Libba Griffen
Ic: bonts, hrovat, Tutt, cooney

Let's see the grant, Crameri, jones triumvirate.

Time to take another look at the midfield without Boyd. And the forward line (against another young side) without gia. We need to be more dangerous when the ball hits the deck inside 50 so hunter gets the nod (be just as happy with honey).

Give Howard another few weeks. We have nothing to lose.

I miss Tory Dickson already.

Slag him off if you will but that dude can take a contested mark and slot em. Wish we had him back.

Small forwards who can take those contested marks are worth the weight in gold. Jamie elliott is a prime example.
Today was a clear example of who it takes only one player to ignite a team. If we have stephen hill on our side we go very close to winning. Time and time again he and pearce got around 2 to 3 dogs players and then either kicked it to advantage or straight through the middle. I'd say we are around 3 - 4 better players off finals. The majority of it for us is there. Kudos to Wallis, Libba etc for absolutely smashing freo out of the middle tonight. Stevens was also back where he belongs and won a few great contests. Jeez kicking and ability to break the lines needs to improve but tonight Williams was a liability. Dropped 2 or 3 marks and because of his injuries he isnt mobile enough to take marks at full stretch or on the dive.
I want to see our 4 prong forward line that I think would be our best setup with Grant and Crameri the lead up forwards and Jones/Redpath and Stringer closer to goal. Make this happen against the lions!!
Jones owes us a big game against the lions.

Team
Wood, Roughead, Howard
Higgins, Morris, Murphy
Macrae, Wallis, Stevens
Grant, Crameri, Tutt
Dahlhaus, Jones, Stringer
Minson, Libba, Griffen
Int: Hrovat, Picken, Cooney, Howard/Bonts/Tutt as sub

Really not sure who I'd drop but I want Grant, JJ and Jones in and probably one of Honey/Hunter (think Honey deserves a go)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back