Reality me is depressing and therefore suppressed from airing opinion

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Sep 22, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Liverpool FC, Washington Wizards
Every game we've played where Taberner hasn't played, we've lost this year.

I don't disagree with ideally having 3 talls - so long as the balance is good. It'd be a stretch to take that and say playing Meek, Darcy and Lobb all in the same side would make us more competitive.
It can work. Provided when Meek rucks, Darcy is forward. Darcy rucks, Meek is on the bench.
Lobb and Tabs have to be full time forwards with Treacy. Need to create a forward line that plays together consistently day in day out.

Dockeroo

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 1, 2019
AFL Club
Fremantle
Have said before he isn’t our worst and there really isn’t a replacement.
I haven’t had many opportunities to view Western but his skills and pace sound sublime .
Although the size difference and experience is stark.
Acres needs to work on sticking tackles , smothering and hard ball gets ( basically the tough stuff ) .
Keen to see Western though ,
maybe replaces Switta ?
Watching Acres half hearted efforts to smother opposition kicks are usually enough to trigger an intense desire to throw my remote control at the TV on game days.
Blocking down opposition kicks has nothing to do with draft positions or talent. Just an attitude thing and nothing else.

Madas

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 16, 2020
AFL Club
Fremantle
Watching Acres half hearted efforts to smother opposition kicks are usually enough to trigger an intense desire to throw my remote control at the TV on game days.
Blocking down opposition kicks has nothing to do with draft positions or talent. Just an attitude thing and nothing else.
It’s all attitude and its the 1% that wins grand finals .
We run the 2nd and 3rd effort drill ( tackle , smother , Shepard ) regularly with our 14, 16 and colts teams to try and drill it into them young .

wakojako

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 15, 2020
AFL Club
Fremantle
This game is going to be ugly for Freo
The formula to beat any big team is simple, unrelenting pressure and scoring off forced turnovers. Teams that get those two right generally have the best chance at causing upsets. If we play like we did in our upset win over Geelong at home we can win this.

Mar 18, 2012
Vic
AFL Club
Fremantle
This is last chance saloon to stay in with a chance of finals. 5-7 with a poor percentage and tough run home = no chance, 6-6 and it's not over yet.

Our home form is pretty good, especially vs the Dogs. But their dominant midfield and fast paced handball game needs maximum pressure to take down, and with pressure not our strong suit this year, this looks really difficult on paper.

Sep 22, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Liverpool FC, Washington Wizards
Logue > Watson
Conca > Tucker to HFF > Crowden out
Switta > Western
Henry > Tabs

Think it's time for another 3 game stint at Peel for Henry. Love what he does, just seems to only be in for a half of footy.
He’s developing. But he needs reserves time, agree.
Conca needs to come in, and play midfield. Aish can stay down back.

ozzie69

All Australian
Jun 28, 2013
Sydney
AFL Club
Fremantle
Last week against Port, we persisted with bombing the ball into our forward 50 hoping for a great mark; and overall it was a poor plan and we were continuously out-marked. Then for periods of the game we changed it up to going for shorter passes and overall we were far more effective. So this week we need to avoid the bomb it long strategy (even if Tabs is back) and continue to seek leading shorter passes. We got back into the game against Port this way, and bar some poor shots at goal (don't get me started on Fyfe's round the corner punts) and a couple of posters we weren't far from the unexpected. Ban the bombs and bring the contested game from the first quarter and we could be lucky.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back