Prediction Changes: Round 12 Vs Bulldogs + pre-match discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
One of Acres most annoying traits is how easily sidestepped he is by the opposition. He made Peter Ladhams look like Mcdonald Tipungwuti the last day just before Ladhams stepped him and kicked that goal from outside 50 late in the third quarter I think it was. Happened a couple of times during the game
Fyfe is just about the easier player to sidestep in the league for mine.

I actually think this would be a a great game to play Blakely. We really could use his defensive work to get the upper hand over the Bulldogs.
Been saying that all season. JLo just doesn’t like the defensive enforcer inside. Conca has been pushed to the defence. He was doing great work inside the first season he came across

Footy coaches should teach tackling the hips instead of arm tackles, opposition won't kick or handball accurately on their backside.

Footy coaches should teach tackling the hips instead of arm tackles, opposition won't kick or handball accurately on their backside.
AFL players are too strong for this to work, watch any tackle of the hips this round and I guarantee the player will find a teammate with an easy handball.

What is going on ? Why is there a group of people on this forum hanging crap on Fyfe?

I think we are starting to take for granted what Fyfe actually does for this club each week. He is just about the only player on the list that you can never doubt he is going to give 100 percent every week. I think we should all actually just sit back and have a look at what he does instead of focusing on the negatives. Be thankful we have a player like Fyfe playing for the Fremantle Football club.

Last edited:
Agree it’s embarrassing that some people people were negatively comparing Fyfe to Blake Acres in terms of getting sidestepped easily.
Those two guys should never be mentioned in the same breath, ever.
In terms of football ability they exist in different stratosphere’s.

JFC. It isn't north korea and fyfe isn't chairman Kim. I don't think Fyfe is bad defensively so don't agree with the posts above. But people do realise do they it's perfectly reasonable to criticise aspects of fyfe or anyone else and still admire him? It's a discussion forum not a ******* temple.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

AFL players are too strong for this to work, watch any tackle of the hips this round and I guarantee the player will find a teammate with an easy handball.
Yeah okay, works on rugby union players but AFL players must be heaps stronger. Tackling always starts with the hips, body goes where the hips go. AFL players get into this 'containment' phase and get juked far too often when they should just drive the hips.
Tackles are easier to shrug the higher you go. Do remember Troy Cook?

I think Acres hasn't been awful this year. He's one of the few players in the team who actually tries to tackle the opposition, and one of the few I've seen who consistently tries to. Him, Schultz, Ryan and Crowden are the only ones I see every week try to tackle.

Have you noticed how easily he brushes off opposition tackles too? Barely ever gets tackled. I'm not saying he's been good but he's become a whipping boy on here, people already have a preconceived notion of him so even when he is playing well people are gonna say he's s**t.

fyfe is obviously a superb player and gives 100% each week but he is sidestepped semi regularly. he obviously more then makes up for it in ability elsewhere
I cringe every time. Don't think it's ever worked.
it's like he just commits to the full smother each time, which when he pulls it off is awesome

I think Acres hasn't been awful this year. He's one of the few players in the team who actually tries to tackle the opposition, and one of the few I've seen who consistently tries to. Him, Schultz, Ryan and Crowden are the only ones I see every week try to tackle.

Have you noticed how easily he brushes off opposition tackles too? Barely ever gets tackled. I'm not saying he's been good but he's become a whipping boy on here, people already have a preconceived notion of him so even when he is playing well people are gonna say he's sh*t.
100%. Actually think he needs to back himself more and take that extra 5-10 metres with the ball. Seems to be trained with an intent to pass. Has underrated speed then doesn’t know what to do with it. Improve his kicking by 5-10%, he takes the next level.

Yeah okay, works on rugby union players but AFL players must be heaps stronger. Tackling always starts with the hips, body goes where the hips go. AFL players get into this 'containment' phase and get juked far too often when they should just drive the hips.
Tackles are easier to shrug the higher you go. Do remember Troy Cook?
They have holding the ball in union? It’s in their best interest to go to ground if there isn’t an easy pass on offer. Can’t do that in AFL unless you want to be pinged. Watch the game. If the arms are free they will find a teammate more often than not.

100%. Actually think he needs to back himself more and take that extra 5-10 metres with the ball. Seems to be trained with an intent to pass. Has underrated speed then doesn’t know what to do with it. Improve his kicking by 5-10%, he takes the next level.
Precisely. I don't get the calls that he's soft, he's one of the only players who has a ******* crack in the first place!! He was soft at the start of the year but ever since the Hawthorn game I think he's been pretty good in that regard.

They have holding the ball in union? It’s in their best interest to go to ground if there isn’t an easy pass on offer. Can’t do that in AFL unless you want to be pinged. Watch the game. If the arms are free they will find a teammate more often than not.
100% agree on this. We get hurt as a team far more by players failing to pin the arms and the oppo getting an easy handball off, than we do by our players missing the tackles entirely. Fair enough to say watch the hips, but the actual tackle execution needs to wrap at least one arm to be effective. In rugby you benefit massively from driving the ball carrier backwards when tackling as you gain ground while not in possession, the same benefit doesn't translate to AFL. Trying to compare the two sports as like-for-like from a tackling perspective is a bit redundant.

JFC. It isn't north korea and fyfe isn't chairman Kim. I don't think Fyfe is bad defensively so don't agree with the posts above. But people do realise do they it's perfectly reasonable to criticise aspects of fyfe or anyone else and still admire him? It's a discussion forum not a ******* temple.

it’s not North Korea and anyone can have an opinion. But it is just laughable that the player a select few have chosen to go after is Fyfe. The post I’ve seen recently calling him a bad captain, comparing him to Blake Acres, questioning his tackling efforts I mean ffs he is probably the only play who gives 100 percent at every contest. I think we have a few fickle supporters recently it’s alright to criticise but to turn on player like Fyfe the way some posters have lately is pretty bad for so called Fremantle supporters. Fyfe deserves more credit than he is given.

Nat has been unable to tackle as effectively since his shoulder issues. And that was a long time ago. I'm at peace with it. He's so amazingly good at almost everything else (don't mention goalkicking) that I accept him as he is and every day I thank both the old gods and the new that he is ours to marvel in.

Final 22
Tabs and logue in
Watson and Switta out
Fair enough. I personally would have played Blakely

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back