Prediction Changes: Round 12 vs Carlton + Pre-match discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

There’s a report on the scratch match on the website. Judging by the tone of the comments from Eastaugh, we must have been pretty s**t. Didn’t appear to be too many putting their hands up for selection.
Carter mentioned as one of the best. No word on Valente which is disappointing. Seems Carlton won easily

I think it’s great Hogan is being made to work for it. Blokes like him have always been first picked & he’s been able to get away with anything & still get a jumper.
Him actually wanting to play again & having to wait his turn is exactly what he needs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yep agreed. On a positive note I cant wait to see Fyfe and Walters deep forward tonight at times. With Serong, Brayshaw and Cerra doing so well mid in Walters absence it seems more possible to have those two near goal with Lobb and Tabs roaming as tall options. It could be super exciting.

Darcy, Cerra Serong, Brayshaw starting in the centre at some point would be great in a different way. Obviously Cerra doing well on a wing, but Id still like to see him start in the centre square every now and then tonight.

There’s a report on the scratch match on the website. Judging by the tone of the comments from Eastaugh, we must have been pretty sh*t. Didn’t appear to be too many putting their hands up for selection.
Carter mentioned as one of the best. No word on Valente which is disappointing. Seems Carlton won easily
They kicked 14 goals in 60 minutes on us. Not that it means anything with 12 v 12. A bit surprised we could field 12 players atm.

Brayshaw is named on the HFF??
Yeah first thing I noticed was Walters named as a follower. Hoping Walters plays predominantly forward, I've enjoyed watching the kids in the middle and Walters has been so soft in the contest.

Especially with Blakely in the team would make for a better balance if Walters played forward.

I actually think this is a mistake.

Walters back is awesome (provided they stick him in front of goals where he belong), however the boys were utterly spent on Monday and a 5 day break will do nothing to get them firing on all cylinders. Carlton go hard early also.

I think it would've been an idea to blood a couple of new youngsters, perhaps a Valente, Henry and/or North. Makes us less predictable and with fresh feet.

I'm just ridiculously superstitious and last years home game against Carlton is among the worst I've ever experienced in my life. Hope we can hold the pace and lock down their talls. Are we expecting too many miracles each week from our undersized defence?
Sadly prescient, early in the 3rd it became obvious they'd overrun us

Remove this Banner Ad

Back