Preview Changes Round 13 v Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

Been reading this place, the fact that so many people here think rotating a combination of out of form forwards is the magic bullet to fixing the forward line is mind boggling. Our issue is setting up behind the ball, causing turnovers and then teams keeping 6 defenders back while we bomb it in. Prime Wayne Carey wouldn't fix the last few weeks

I actually thought Mitch Brown jumped at the footy and competed against a few blokes better than Brown and Weid in the last month. We just have a group of players out of form, we tried lowering the eyes plenty and ended up knocking the **** off the McCartin brothers

I actually thought Mitch Brown jumped at the footy and competed against a few blokes better than Brown and Weid in the last month. We just have a group of players out of form, we tried lowering the eyes plenty and ended up knocking the **** off the McCartin brothers

It’s loss of confidence as much as anything. Blokes are taking the easy option short and wide between the arcs and when it comes to kicking inside the 50 don’t have the confidence to do anything other than go back behind the mark and pop it up into the bailout option 30-40m out boundary side.

Modern footy is basically whether you can move the ball quickly and precisely between Centre and F50, if you can then you’re kicking goals or getting deep entries to even numbers.
If you can’t then you’re like us the last 2 weeks.

Doesn’t help that the rare times we did burst through towards the 50 second half last week we absolutely butchered the last kick anyway.

It’s loss of confidence as much as anything. Blokes are taking the easy option short and wide between the arcs and when it comes to kicking inside the 50 don’t have the confidence to do anything other than go back behind the mark and pop it up into the bailout option 30-40m out boundary side.

Modern footy is basically whether you can move the ball quickly and precisely between Centre and F50, if you can then you’re kicking goals or getting deep entries to even numbers.
If you can’t then you’re like us the last 2 weeks.

Doesn’t help that the rare times we did burst through towards the 50 second half last week we absolutely butchered the last kick anyway.
I think we've also been trying to spring off half back and Freo and Sydney preyed on us through the corridor and caused turnovers that resulted in goals. For all the talk of our forward line, Mays missed recently, Salem all season and Petty's banged up. Boweys lost confidence and Rivers and Lever have been horrible. That's all year. We just work those guys into form and we will be a much better team and that's not even including Petracca Jackson and Brown being half the players they were. Sparrows been crap when I watch as well.

Not sure what it is but we gotta get some blokes playing well and we will see a much better side

Been reading this place, the fact that so many people here think rotating a combination of out of form forwards is the magic bullet to fixing the forward line is mind boggling. Our issue is setting up behind the ball, causing turnovers and then teams keeping 6 defenders back while we bomb it in. Prime Wayne Carey wouldn't fix the last few weeks
Yep our covering of the switch and slow play down the wings has been off. Last year when a team tried to switch it was lick your lips time but the Swans and Freo did it easy. Last week we barely scored off turnover.

It’s also kind of funny how quickly MFCSS slips back in, Collingwood are an average side. If we turn up, tackle well and win the midfield battle, we should smash the s**t out of them.
Yeah some people were saying we'd miss finals and our footy has failed all season lol. We lost to arguably the best team and another finals team and they played well. The quest slitting was hilarious

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Im hesitant to slash my wrists only cause this looks exactly what happened for 4 weeks last year and we worked it out in time for finals. They deserve the benefit of the doubt until proven otherwise. Still feels good to know our whinging about our game style being s**t was justified in the midst of a 10 game win streak to start the season.

Last edited:
People were reading the last rites for Freo a fortnight ago after two bad losses.

Just need to hope we bounce back as well as they have.

Im hesitant to slash my wrists only cause this looks exactly what happened for 4 weeks last year and we worked it out in time for finals. They deserve the benefit of the doubt until proven otherwise. Still feels good to know our whinging about our game style being s**t was justified in the midst of a 10 game win streak to start the season.
Both good points. I mean banking 10 early season wins is saying something. But the quality of the teams we’ve beaten is also worth considering. I’m saying that we were right in last weeks game and arguably had our chances to seal it. In the third and the last.

Both good points. I mean banking 10 early season wins is saying something. But the quality of the teams we’ve beaten is also worth considering. I’m saying that we were right in last weeks game and arguably had our chances to seal it. In the third and the last.
As frustrating as last week in particular was, given the quality of opposition you could make a strong argument we played much better last week than the WCE and North games. And we played poorly last week so it says a lot about our form coming in to Freo and Syd games.

We beat you comfortably last year when we were even worse.
Yeah.....about that win.
It was the greatest moment of your 2021 campaign.
But hypothetically, if Melbourne had won, we'd have still finished 1st and you'd have still finished 17th.
So in the overall scheme of things, it meant f*ck all.

Yeah.....about that win.
It was the greatest moment of your 2021 campaign.
But hypothetically, if Melbourne had won, we'd have still finished 1st and you'd have still finished 17th.
So in the overall scheme of things, it meant f*ck all.
No. It meant we beat you comfortably with a third choice ruckman. Are you going on Monday or staying home? Sad to see how let down the players are by the Melbourne supporters.

No. It meant we beat you comfortably with a third choice ruckman. Are you going on Monday or staying home? Sad to see how let down the players are by the Melbourne supporters.
While you're here, can you ask Jeremy how it feels to play as a forward in a successful team?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back