Preview Changes: round 13 vs Geelong. ADELAIDE OVAL. Sunday 23rd August.

Remove this Banner Ad

Whoever has given Berg a rocket needs to have a chat with a few senior players
Bergs contract is up.. in typical crows player fashion hes panicking and playing out of his skin at the moment in the hope he gets another..

the dheads will fall for it and give him another 3 years.. he’ll then go back to being old cement hands himm again.

he was alright in the first quarter on the weekend.. then didnt do much. He had a much quieter game than the two previous weeks.

he’s still yet to convince me he’s anything but a delist at the end of the year..

Absolutely agree.

Yesterday was the first time I thought that maybe there is a role for Poholke as a permanent medium forward, as opposed to just shunting him there when he is a mid.

I thought yesterday he looked pretty natural there, very creative with the game coming at him, can take a nice mark and makes some dangerous position.

Maybe he keeps Davis out.
Maybe he keeps Murphy and McHenry out as offers much more than they do with bigger body and football nous and skills .
Davis could come in to add some pace and lead up ability and up to him to add workload and defensive pressure if he wants to sty on list.
Tex will definitely get another game whether we like it or not.
But never never do I want to see Kelly and Hartigan together in the backlines again.
Butts should come in this week and wonder why not seen before now after last season SANFL and pre season performed worthy of opportunity.
MCrouch another not being dropped, so just hope Sloane taken out of centre bounce and maybe plays HFF or wing role only.
Surely by now Godden and co can set up centre square better and stop backs from running past centre bounce undefended in packs.
Certainly time to give Butt or Worrell a game.
Not time to bring Jones back yet until sort out centre square and Ned certainly in all his games showed nothing to suggest he should push anybody out of team.

Bergs contract is up.. in typical crows player fashion hes panicking and playing out of his skin at the moment in the hope he gets another..

the dheads will fall for it and give him another 3 years.. he’ll then go back to being old cement hands himm again.

he was alright in the first quarter on the weekend.. then didnt do much. He had a much quieter game than the two previous weeks.

he’s still yet to convince me he’s anything but a delist at the end of the year..
Haven't seen his last month I take it ??

As we go forward, and assuming he doesn’t bail, EH will forever be an easy target/whipping boy. He’s never going to be a top line key forward. We either need Fog or grab a McDonald for that.

What he can be is a valuable role player who can compete, run interference, create for others, kick 20-30 goals and be a 2nd ruck.

If he can do that he’ll be a nice piece of the puzzle

As we go forward, and assuming he doesn’t bail, EH will forever be an easy target/whipping boy. He’s never going to be a top line key forward. We either need Fog or grab a McDonald for that.

What he can be is a valuable role player who can compete, run interference, create for others, kick 20-30 goals and be a 2nd ruck.

The JJ role, plus competing

And if you were to opt to get Thilhorpe, it means Thilhorpe does not have to ruck, which could help his longevity in this game.

Yep...

His games against the dees and Pies were pretty good... very happy to pat him on the back for those.. the rest of his games this year have been pretty much the same very ordinary stuff hes bought to both his AFL and SANFL games for the club..

seriously... the bloke plays two half decent AFL games in four years for the club and people start calling for him to be given the reigns to the entire forward line!..

Back in the real world..

Tex is contracted for next year.. can anyone honestly, hand on heart, say he wont be playing on next year if thats what Tex decides he wants to do?.. I mean, FFS, this is a club that keeps giving Mookay a new contract year after year!!.. Are we all seriously that stupid to think, knowing this, that they will force Tex out early?

Frampton is contracted next year.. so he’s not going anywhere.

Fog is contracted and isnt going anywhere.

Lynch is contracted and, as much as I’d love to see the back of him, he cant be forced to go anywhere.

McAsey has been used as a forward.. we also have Worrell that could possible play a tall forward role.. both these lads are contracted for next season.

we will probably take a mcdonald or Thilthorpe in the draft too..

whos the one player out of all of these lads i’ve mentioned that the club can easily move on come seasons end?... the uncontracted one.. thats Himm.

he’d want to play some unbeliveably good football for the remainder of the season, especially if list sizes are reduced, if he’s gonna convince them to squeeze him into the 2021 list..

Given what he’s shown since he joined the club... two good games in the past month just isnt gonna cut it.

apart from a couple of alright things.. he wasnt anthing spectacular against the dogs on the weekend..

Watch the replay of his one good lead and mark that he converted for goal in that first quarter against the dogs... the ball actually went through his hands and he only managed to hold the mark cause it hit in the face!.. and he dropped another sitter on the wing with his cement hands letting him down once again.

Happy to have him prove me wrong in the final games of this season.. but I just cant see it with the lad.

Last edited:
Much easier for our whipping boys now as there are 14 or 15 of them

Luke Jericho must have felt so isolated and lonely

It's also bloody difficult to field a side when there are 7 guys that shouldn't be in the squad at all under any circumstances. Few injuries here and there, suddenly we are playing Strachan and Taylor

Those 7 guys being Gibbs, Atkins, Knight, Hartigan, Mackay, Kelly, and Wilson.

Throw in injuries to Brad Crouch, Milera, Fogarty, Hamill, Gallucci, Doedee and McPherson... and a few senior players needing to be dropped on form (let's say Seedsman and Walker)....

Well now we have a squad of 28 to field a side from

He has looked pretty good in the last few weeks, still not at the point where is is tearing a game a part but much better than he had dished up previously.

I am not sure if he is the answer long term for us for that KPF/back up ruck role, but he is definitely a good option to have for the next few years to at least play that role while the next crop of Key Forwards (Mcdonald or Thilthorpe) get some time to develop. And once they are at the stage where they can take that lead role, then Berg would be a good 2nd or 3rd key tall.

Last edited:

If he can kick 20-30 goals, he will be our #1 forward

It's also bloody difficult to field a side when there are 7 guys that shouldn't be in the squad at all under any circumstances. Few injuries here and there, suddenly we are playing Strachan and Taylor

Throw in injuries to Brad Crouch, Milera, Fogarty, Hamill, Gallucci, Doedee and McPherson... and a few senior players needing to be dropped on form (let's say Seedsman and Walker)....

Except our priority seems to be to get games into the 7 guys you named as much as we can find an excuse to.

He has looked pretty good in the last few weeks, still not at the point where is is tearing a game a part but much better than he had dished up previously.

I am not sure if he is the answer long term for us for that KPF/back up ruck role, but he is definitely a good option to have for the next few years to at least play that role while the next crop of Key Forwards (Mcdonald or Thilthorpe) get some time to develop. And once they are at the stage where they can take that lead role, then Berg would be a good 2nd or 3rd key tall.
He's shown glimpses of being ok. I wouldn't say he has been pretty good, but shown bits and pieces of what I would expect of a KPP in his 4th year.

As Bearded Clam said above, he'd want to come out and kicks a few goals and start to regularly clunk marks in his last 4 or 5 games. I actually think all he is doing at the moment is getting a little interest form another clubs that might net us a 4th round pick for him we can use on points for Borlase

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Atkins is the really interesting one. He seems (rightly) out of favour with Nicks, so it will be interesting to see if he is offered even a small contract next year and what he does from there.

Hearing Adam Kelly on 5AA, he was saying we would need to overhaul the list with the draft picks we have (2x1st, 2x2nd) as well as possible reduction in list numbers, so I don't see any of the 'let's sign DMac up to another 1 year deal before the draft or the new coach is signed' happening again this year.

Yep...

His games against the dees and Pies were pretty good... very happy to pat him on the back for those.. the rest of his games this year have been pretty much the same very ordinary stuff hes bought to both his AFL and SANFL games for the club..

seriously... the bloke plays two half decent AFL games in four years for the club and people start calling for him to be given the reigns to the entire forward line!..

Back in the real world..

Tex is contracted for next year.. can anyone honestly, hand on heart, say he wont be playing on next year if thats what Tex decides he wants to do?.. I mean, FFS, this is a club that keeps giving Mookay a new contract year after year!!.. Are we all seriously that stupid to think, onowing this, that they will force Tex out early?

Frampton is contracted next year.. so he’s not going anywhere.

Fog is contracted and isnt going anywhere.

Lynch is contracted and, as much as I’d love to see the back of him, he cant be forced to go anywhere.

McAsey has been used as a forward.. we also have Worrell that could possible play a tall forward role.. both these lads are contracted for next season.

we will probably take a mcdonald or Thilthorpe in the draft too..

whos the one player out of all of these lads i’ve mentioned that the club can easily move on come seasons end?... the uncontracted one.. thats Himm.

he’d want to play some unbeliveably good football for the remainder of the season, especially if list sizes are reduced, if he’s gonna convince them to squeeze him into the 2021 list..

Given what he’s shown since he joined the club... two good games in the past month just isnt gonna cut it.

apart from a couple of alright things.. he wasnt anthing spectacular against the dogs on the weekend..

Watch the replay of his one good lead and mark that he converted for goal in that first quarter against the dogs... the ball actually went through his hands and he only managed to hold the mark cause it hit in the face!.. and he dropped another sitter on the wing with his cement hands letting him down once again.

Happy to have him prove me wrong in the final games of this season.. but I just cant see it with the lad.
Begs the question - why exactly are we playing Himmelberg over Frampton then?

And? Does it matter? If he's out of contract and likely to be delisted and Frampton is contracted for next year, then why bother putting the time in to Berg??
It's like picking Mackay over Scholl
Is he likely to be delisted ?? I wouldn't think so now.

And? Does it matter? If he's out of contract and likely to be delisted and Frampton is contracted for next year, then why bother putting the time in to Berg??
It's like picking Mackay over Scholl
Strachan is also out of contract.

I'd be ok with Himmelberg getting an extension and drafting another KPF this year.

Strachan is also out of contract.

I'd be ok with Himmelberg getting an extension and drafting another KPF this year.
Right now, Himmelberg is looking like our best young KPF.
  • Walker is on the verge of retirement
  • Fog's career is going nowhere fast - unless he can drop several kgs, improve his agility/endurance/mobility, and get himself to an AFL fitness standard.
  • Strachan is a stringbean, who will never have enough muscle to compete at AFL level.
  • Frampton is useless.
There is very little chance of us cutting the only young KPF who is actually showing promising signs of development.

• Fog's career is going nowhere fast - unless he can drop several kgs, improve his agility/endurance/mobility, and get himself to an AFL fitness standard.
  • Strachan is a stringbean, who will never have enough muscle to compete at AFL level.
  • Frampton is useless.
There is very little chance of us cutting the only young KPF who is actually showing promising signs of development.
102kg and 204cm is a string been now is it. Guys huge

• Frampton is useless.
Exactly. You should have responded with that to the posts above mine

Begs the question - why exactly are we playing Himmelberg over Frampton then?
Yeah.. ****ed if I know really.... why get frampton in at all AND at the same time on a 3 year contract, if we arent gonna play him.

another one of those just unexplainable decisions that this club has been famous for in recent times...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back