Prediction Changes: Round 13 Vs Gold Coast Suns + pre-match discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey, I apologize for being mistaken. It still doesn't change the fact that his regression as a player had begun before Longmuir had started coaching, not after Longmuir had gotten to the club, his regression was already in place in the 2nd half of 2019.

Agree. Well past the time to move on from Blakely. Plenty more talented players to play

Do you even know what the word fact means?

He averaged 20 disposals and 5 marks under Ross in 2019.

Last year he averaged 15d and 2.4m and this year it's 10d 2m.
It's more that Blakely's brain fades became a lot more frequent in late 2019, mind you not quite as bad as the ones he has nowadays but they were beginning to show. We have players in the club who have a better trajectory now, we're in trouble if Blakely is anything more than depth.

Do you even know what the word fact means?

He averaged 20 disposals and 5 marks under Ross in 2019.

Last year he averaged 15d and 2.4m and this year it's 10d 2m.
You can’t point to his average in 2021 when he’s played nearly every game as a sub.
Some of those games he was only on the park for 10 mins!

I remember when people were comparing him to Mundy.....
Unfortunately he hasn't fixed the fumbles or grown beyond that deer in headlights panic under pressure.

Frederick took his game to a new level fixing that fumble.

Clean hands is the most important trait in AFL footy.
Just a non negotiable at the highest level especially as an inside mid.
Considering that despite him averaging 20 disposals a game in 2019 his disposal count went lower as the season went on as did his disposal effiency, which was considered below league standard. You can get as many disposals as you like but if you can't do anything with them it's irrelevant. His disposal effiency has gone down every year since 2017.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I like Connor, he works well in congestion and is good at scraping and getting the handball out.

He's not good enough to be in the midfield if you're a top 8 team but think he's v good depth. He's been the perfect sub lately and happy for him to get more of a go when we're missing key players.

I like Connor, he works well in congestion and is good at scraping and getting the handball out.

He's not good enough to be in the midfield if you're a top 8 team but think he's v good depth. He's been the perfect sub lately and happy for him to get more of a go when we're missing key players.
Not trying to be funny, but he’s the perfect sub because when he comes on the game has slowed down & he has time to make reasonable decisions.

His biggest failure is decision making & execution under pressure. Getting the ball has never been an issue, he just needs to work on composure with ball in hand.

Hey, I apologize for being mistaken. It still doesn't change the fact that his regression as a player had begun before Longmuir had started coaching, not after Longmuir had gotten to the club, his regression was already in place in the 2nd half of 2019.
Agree. 2019 was a weird depressing year for Blakely. Injured with that hamstring then some offseason rumours. Fell miles behind in the queue in the meantime.
Was nail in the coffin when Serong just walked in and took the midfield spot. Tucker, Serong, Cerra since 2019 just have been better in terms of ball useage and fitter

Serong vs Rowell is a juicy matchup. The Rising Star winner vs The Heavily Favoured Rising Star, crippled by injury. I reckon this is Serong's chance to prove he's on a similar if not better level compared to Rowell, I reckon he'd be able to keep him quiet on Saturday.

It doesn't help we play Blakely in the guts at Peel and we've played him at half forward and outside mid everytime he's playing AFL.

It definitely doesn't help but until he learns to clean up his disposal he's not going to be anything but depth for the team.
So why are we playing him in position's where disposal is more important than his natural position?

Has he actually had a game in the middle since Neale left?

So why are we playing him in position's where disposal is more important than his natural position?

Has he actually had a game in the middle since Neale left?
I remember him starting in the middle a few times last year, the Collingwood game comes to mind I'm particular, when he has come on as the sub this year he's started in the middle quite a bit as well.

Pleased as punch with the ins. Western clearly deserved a go, Alex Pearce gets another go at it and I’ve got a soft spot for Bewley. Conca will play out of his skin. I alike others aren’t sure why they seem Walker to be ready but I look forward to finding out why on Saturday.

Taberner clearly not 100 percent yet. How awesome is it that big Darcy stays in?
You can almost guarantee Darcy will be a late out and Meek will come in, why risk him the week before the bye when GC dont have a very strong ruck. Just our luck Darcy plays and does an 8-9 week hamstring like Cox will probably have.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back