Prediction Changes: Round 13 Vs Sydney Swans + pre-match discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Winning 2 games in a row, then having the third stolen from us at the death is hardly struggling. JL's treating it as a winning side, and you don't make wholesale changes to a winning side.

didn’t say the team was struggling. But some players are.
Not going well enough to just leave the team either. Getting plenty of i50s but not scoring. Got a power forward just sitting there. Hogan frees up a Tabs or Lobb more.

Frederick needs a spell (though I do like him)
Shultz been on and off but quiet the last 2 minus the tackle v Hawks

didn’t say the team was struggling. But some players are.
Not going well enough to just leave the team either. Getting plenty of i50s but not scoring. Got a power forward just sitting there. Hogan frees up a Tabs or Lobb more.

Frederick needs a spell (though I do like him)
Shultz been on and off but quiet the last 2 minus the tackle v Hawks

Who would you bring in for them?

just Hogan for Shultz.
Got Walters and Henry as smalls with better goal sense & Crowden for pressure
happy for Frederick as pace.

So just one more change. Ok. Doubt it makes much difference and we really can’t have Tabs, Lobb, Darcy, Fyfe and Hogan in the one side if they’re all playing forward for any great length of time.

Hogan could go for stints on ball, he did that at Melbourne with decent success. Rotate with Fyfe. Easier to fit tabs, lobb, Hogan and Fyfe if hogan can spend some time in the middle. Also mixes it up and creates some really ‘out there’ match ups for oppo coaches to deal with.

So just one more change. Ok. Doubt it makes much difference and we really can’t have Tabs, Lobb, Darcy, Fyfe and Hogan in the one side if they’re all playing forward for any great length of time.

well only one of Darcy & Lobb would be forward.

I think Hogan Tabs and Lobb can definitely all play together, with the right mix of smalls/pressure. was working earlier in the year. I think would be fine with Fyfe there too, he’s no witches hat at ground level.

be pretty daunting seeing those 4 forward. What team can cover that in the air. The problem is getting it in there enough

well only one of Darcy & Lobb would be forward.

I think Hogan Tabs and Lobb can definitely all play together, with the right mix of smalls/pressure. was working earlier in the year. I think would be fine with Fyfe there too, he’s no witches hat at ground level.

be pretty daunting seeing those 4 forward. What team can cover that in the air. The problem is getting it in there enough

The problem would be keeping it in there. They’d walk it out.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not with Crowden falling into Shultz role as the pressure fwd.
Henry and Frederick are the pace.

works imo. At least should be trialing it

Crowden and Schultz sucked at it last week, so Crowden on his own and Schultz replaced with a tall is a recipe for disaster. The MC know what they’re doing.

Hogan, Lobb and Taberner can all play forward together, plain and simple, there's no issues with that.

I would have Lobb between HB flank and HF flank taking marks along the boundary, Similar to what Taberner does. Keep Lobb well away from goals until he sorts his run up out... wasting opportunities at the moment. Keep Tabs HF to FF cause he has good hands and kicking a few. Limit his brain fades if he is within range. He can also take ruck duties within the 50 allowing Darcy and Lobb to sit 50 metres out along the flanks.

I would have Lobb between HB flank and HF flank taking marks along the boundary, Similar to what Taberner does. Keep Lobb well away from goals until he sorts his run up out... wasting opportunities at the moment. Keep Tabs HF to FF cause he has good hands and kicking a few. Limit his brain fades if he is within range. He can also take ruck duties within the 50 allowing Darcy and Lobb to sit 50 metres out along the flanks.
For me it's
Taberner- FF
Hogan- CHF
Lobb- Leading forward up the wing that occasionally plays deep.
Henry and Walters- Forward pockets
Sturt- Flank

I see the 3 bunnies that umpired us last week are doing the Port game.
That's the good news, the not so good is we get Margetts again.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back