Prediction Changes Round 14 vs Dees

Remove this Banner Ad

Main problem with Emac this week is I don't see an obvious matchup for him and coupled with Simpson's comments that he can play as a small defender I'm worried about our lack of flexibility against a small, very mobile forwardline
I suspect Simmo wants Yeo in the middle again and with Gov forward, he feels the need to have Emac as he isn't comfortable with the Barrass/Gov combo. IMO we should do ok with schoey Barrass/combo this week as neither mcdonald or pederson are that dangerous and TB could get his ariel game going again.
Hopefully see see wellers for Emac on Saturday.

Karpany named in the starting 22 on a Thursday for the first time this year.

I for one am pretty excited by this development :D

First time ever.

Both previous appearances have been as late inclusions.

Hopefully Karps can chime in with 2-3 this week and find the pill +15 times. Kids got good skills and decision making that makes up for his lack of speed.

Hill didn't deserve to be dropped but Im not too sure his game for subi warrented a return this week. Would have liked to seen Parto back in.

Main problem with Emac this week is I don't see an obvious matchup for him and coupled with Simpson's comments that he can play as a small defender I'm worried about our lack of flexibility against a small, very mobile forwardline

Yeah I agree. I would have brought in Wellers for sure. Mackenzie, Schofield and Barrass is overkill.

I'd imagine that Mackenzie will get Gawn whenever he is resting forward (which should be more than normal).

I wish they'd just say

Out: Lecras (s**t form)

He has been playing with the injury for a while. JK mentioned it casually in an interview several weeks ago and it seems like he's playing with a fair bit of pain, may even retire at the end of the year because of it.

So to say he's just not in form only is probably unfair to lecca.

Like the changes though.

Say what you want about hill, I think he provides a better option than lecras currently and Karps can play duggans role off the flank with Duggan staying on the HBF.

if any of those talls were able to play on a small defender it would be Schofield . He played on cockatoo last week . Schofield also does some run and carry so will do that Nelson role as good as Wellingham would is probably the MC s thinking

if any of those talls were able to play on a small defender it would be Schofield . He played on cockatoo last week . Schofield also does some run and carry so will do that Nelson role as good as Wellingham would is probably the MC s thinking

Personally I'd have EMac on McDonald, Barrass on the resting ruck and Schoey on Petracca.

Fair points but cockatoo came off in the first quarter so that's a small sample size to claim that as a success

With Hurn also down back we look cumbersome

Fair points but cockatoo came off in the first quarter so that's a small sample size to claim that as a success

With Hurn also down back we look cumbersome

The interesting question is what is plan B if their small forwards are towelling us up? Do we have the flexibility to change things around? I guess we can move Yeo and/or Gov back but neither of those is really suited defending against smaller players.

Tom McDonald will probably play chunks of the game down back to double team our KPFs and slingshot forward backing their smalls to outrun our LOG.

Really concerned about Barrass and Mackenzie getting outrun

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Please for Karps.

Late change on the cards, surely.

Eric OUT Ham IN

Yeah I agree. I would have brought in Wellers for sure. Mackenzie, Schofield and Barrass is overkill.

I'd imagine that Mackenzie will get Gawn whenever he is resting forward (which should be more than normal).

The interesting question is what is plan B if their small forwards are towelling us up? Do we have the flexibility to change things around? I guess we can move Yeo and/or Gov back but neither of those is really suited defending against smaller players.

Tom McDonald will probably play chunks of the game down back to double team our KPFs and slingshot forward backing their smalls to outrun our LOG.

Really concerned about Barrass and Mackenzie getting outrun
Don't panic people.

If we win the midfield battle, and put forward pressure on like we did last week Emac, Schofield and Barrass will be making intercept marking left, right and centre as Melbourne only have McDonald and Pedersen to compete in that area, we should be getting lots of 2 v 1's when they try to slingshot it. Plus we have Cole, Duggan and Sheppard to take their smalls (Petracca, Garlett, Bugg, Harmes).

We'll be fine.

Changes are good. I am not sure LeCras actually is injured but either way he is out.

Also Melbourne losing both Watts and Jones is big. We will be firm favourites but I am, as always, pessimistic.

Haha, they say he is injured because he doesn't want to play for East Perth. Will be very interesting to see if he comes back through East Perth, I am almost willing to bet he won't.

Happy with Karpany and Hill to have come into the side adds good balance ..Also glad to see Cole retained
I thought we played some exciting footy with Karpany, Hill and Jetta playing together. The indigenous boys looked like they enjoy linking up and hopefully bring some good ground level pressure with Cripps.

I thought we played some exciting footy with Karpany, Hill and Jetta playing together. The indigenous boys looked like they enjoy linking up and hopefully bring some good ground level pressure with Cripps.

If they can bring some good energy and hit the scoreboard that would be great as we need to find some goal scoring options to assist JD and Peetree ..

Remove this Banner Ad

Back