Prediction Changes Round 14 vs Dees

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't disagree about the last part at all - the buck does stop with the MC. The point I was trying to get at is that no player should feel like their teammates can't get the job done without them, especially if they're not going to be at something near their best.

I can't speak for LeCras so I can't say for sure that he was selfish or otherwise, but if he really was putting his hand up despite playing through injury, because he thought he was better at 50% than another guy who might come in and contribute, well... in my opinion that would be incredibly arrogant.

I certainly get your point. And what I said was exaggerating to emphasis mine.

I just think most people who achieve anything at the highest level have to believe they are the best at what and be a little arrogant about it.

Kinda like a fend off in a game. We love watching it because it shows confidence and arrogance that you take the challenge on.

We want more of this from our players to stand up confidently and show some campaigner and arrogance. If that means players wanting to play when carrying injuries that's a cost I'm willing to pay

I certainly get your point. And what I said was exaggerating to emphasis mine.

I just think most people who achieve anything at the highest level have to believe they are the best at what and be a little arrogant about it.

Kinda like a fend off in a game. We love watching it because it shows confidence and arrogance that you take the challenge on.

We want more of this from our players to stand up confidently and show some campaigner and arrogance. If that means players wanting to play when carrying injuries that's a cost I'm willing to pay

I agree to an extent but it has be taken looking through the optics of older senior player on the downward trend not wanting to give up his spot for fear an younger quicker stronger player will come through and he will find himself on the scrap heap sooner rather than later.
So while it looks brave it can be detrimental to the team and be more of a self preservation move.

Simon Prestigiacomo says to say hello and he has left his mobile number with the club in case Lecras wants to chat about how to do it. Senior players who are not selfish do it. A slight niggle is one thing but deep down Lecras must of known he was not as young as before or the niggle was worse than he thought. His inability to continue that run into goals on Thursday said it all.

. Hill back in is a sign we are still semi motionless. Bit disappointing
at the end of the day we need to score goals to win the game . Hill is the best forward we can bring in

McGovern is not a known goal kicker even though he has potential .

Petrie is a good tall target that will take a defender away from darling but will have to shoulder more ruck time to combat gawn .

Who knows what you will get with darling in regards to goals but he always gives 100% .

Hill is a known goal kicker and was playing better than lecras before he was dropped .

Hopefully cripps hill and Karps can score 4 goals + between them

Lecca will play next year. We are dreaming if we think he'll retire

Nicnat gave a shoutout on air to him and his brother and something to do with a fishing charter or boat I think. Harmless but if we over analyze it he's plugging Leccas business after footy. But I too think he will go around again.

Until a small/medium forward grabs some WAFL games by the scruff of the neck and kicks a few bags he is safe to do as he pleases.

I just cant see Gawn having the same impact coming back early from a serious hamstring injury.. Vardy is finding some pretty good form right now so i expect him to run him of his feet and then we can use Petrie and Gov to wear him down further.

I guess i can see why Hill was included as he is good for a goal or two with Lecra out but i am happy to see Karpany given a go.

I think it is absolutely disgusting how ungrateful and disrespectful some of you are to Lecras. He is a club legend and at worst the second best small forward we've ever had. As someone previously mentioned if not for the ACL he would most likely have kicked over 500 goals and played 250 games for us. He has given over 10 years of his life, blood, sweat and tears not only for the club but for us fans.

Disrespecting those who are at the end after a great career speaks not of the players who are falling away or any lack of commitment to the cause on their end. It does however speak greatly of the type of person you actually are. It is not a players fault that they wish to play and prior to the last 4 weeks lecras to that point had a great start to the season.

Lecras is 10x the player someone like karpany will ever be and he deserves a lot more than the s**t sandwich some of you are throwing his way. I suggest some of you eat your own s**t sandwiches and that the taste of filth makes you want to become better people.

I think it is absolutely disgusting how ungrateful and disrespectful some of you are to Lecras. He is a club legend and at worst the second best small forward we've ever had. As someone previously mentioned if not for the ACL he would most likely have kicked over 500 goals and played 250 games for us. He has given over 10 years of his life, blood, sweat and tears not only for the club but for us fans.

Disrespecting those who are at the end after a great career speaks not of the players who are falling away or any lack of commitment to the cause on their end. It does however speak greatly of the type of person you actually are. It is not a players fault that they wish to play and prior to the last 4 weeks lecras to that point had a great start to the season.

Lecras is 10x the player someone like karpany will ever be and he deserves a lot more than the s**t sandwich some of you are throwing his way. I suggest some of you eat your own s**t sandwiches and that the taste of filth makes you want to become better people.

No-one is "disrespecting Lecca". Don't see anyone calling for his dog to be killed or his wife beaten because of his form slump. His time appears to be up, with some good and not so well thought out justification, and people are voicing an opinion for him to step aside aside for the betterment of the team. Get a grip.

Whats the go with the line coming right in into -9.5? Rumours of some big late outs?

upload_2017-6-23_11-13-18.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No-one is "disrespecting Lecca". Don't see anyone calling for his dog to be killed or his wife beaten because of his form slump. His time appears to be up, with some good and not so well thought out justification, and people are voicing an opinion for him to step aside aside for the betterment of the team. Get a grip.

In the last two pages he's been called selfish and arrogant and that his actual injury is a strained heart muscle. That's probably what Phil is referring to.

Which side?

Eagles. Line was from memory close to around -18.5 a couple of days ago, but despite Watts/Jones being out it came into around -13.5, now its gone further in over night to -9.5. Just wondering if there was rumours of some late outs for Eagles causing it to lower.

Eagles. Line was from memory close to around -18.5 a couple of days ago, but despite Watts/Jones being out it came into around -13.5, now its gone further in over night to -9.5. Just wondering if there was rumours of some late outs for Eagles causing it to lower.

To be honest i thought the odds looked juciy for Melbourne either way.

Can't like this post enough.

Great post mate, could not agree more.

In the last two pages he's been called selfish and arrogant and that his actual injury is a strained heart muscle. That's probably what Phil is referring to.

Those comments seem a little unfair but if you are that angry that you have to write several paragraphs lambasting peoples character based on flippant comments then that also says something about ones character. Lets not forget that these guys aren't victims, they don't need to be defended with a cult like mentality, its a cut throat sport and I think Lecca's form warrants his exit, injury or no injury.

Punters see "Lecras out".

I think Lecras has been a great player. However when a player has gone past their best and are continually being backed in at the selection table when they can no longer to deliver the goods, then they unfortunately start to undermine their standing in the game and at the club. It is not limited to West Coast but this is a classic example where the writing was on the wall in 2016 and lack of action has meant frustration.

From what we have seen, I strongly refute your claim that "Lecras is 10x the player like Karpany will ever be .... ". I believe on recent form that Karpany is now a better prospect than Lecras. A sign of a true champion is to know when to call time.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back