Prediction Changes: Round 14 Vs GWS + pre-match discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Just going to get in early and say I can't believe people are calling Hill cooked.
He's barely played footy for a couple of years, is finally able to stay on the park and needs a solid block of footy to get his touch back.
He's still quick enough, knows how to play a disciplined role in the back 6, still one of the best kicks in the team and you know he's always going to keep a cool head.
Just no. If it was up to reactionaries here Frederick would have been out weeks ago, ditto Shultz, ditto Cox and the list goes on.
Thank God Longmuir knows when to back players in to find their feet.

Hogan has to come in. While Schulz does a commendable job as last man forward, Jesse would relish those chances. We still only kicked 7 goals for the match. Our defence is holding us, for now. We need firepower.
In: Hogan
Out: Fredrick/Henry/Schulz.
Lachie will yet again get a reprieve for his goal. But there’s too many little guys that just cannot compete in the air.
Crowden regularly puts tackles and his opponents under pressure. Schulz doesn’t do enough of it, Fredrick’s man peels off him too easily. Henry was raw. 2 or 3 is enough, not 4. We need goals and those 4 don’t give us enough.

Looked nervous and a little lost off the ball but when he had it, at least he didn't sway away from his instinct. If we backed in Freddy who has come up nicely, we can keep Henry in.

I'm not a fan of dropping players after one game. The speed of AFL must be a massive shock on debut and they always deserve another crack to see how they respond.
Yes don't think anyone is pushing him out anyway.

Another great effort in defense with Luke Ryan definitely being one of the form players in the AFL for 2020.

Overall plenty of contributions from most of the younger guys and some handy input from the likes of Fyfe, Walters and Mundy when required. Very happy with the way things are going atm.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hogan has to come in. While Schulz does a commendable job as last man forward, Jesse would relish those chances. We still only kicked 7 goals for the match. Our defence is holding us, for now. We need firepower.
Lachie will yet again get a reprieve for his goal. But there’s too many little guys that just cannot compete in the air.
Crowden regularly puts tackles and his opponents under pressure. Schulz doesn’t do enough of it, Fredrick’s man peels off him too easily. Henry was raw. 2 or 3 is enough, not 4. We need goals and those 4 don’t give us enough.
Seriously not sure what game you were watching!

Out Lobb give his stutter a rest
In Meeks.

The rest can stay.

That's the thing, people are calling for Lobb to be dropped but unless you're happy to bring Meek in, who's going to chop out in the ruck? Tabs has become too valuable to throw in there as a sacrificial lamb for 5 minutes a qtr. Not to mention the fact that Darcy doesn't have the greatest track record of making it through games unscathed so we need another decent ruck in the side.

Again I think this board often focuses on the negatives instead of the net positives players bring to the table. Lobb dropped a few tonight and has lost some confidence in front of goal, but he still takes more contested marks than any possible replacement we have available would manage (other than Hogan of course, but do you want to be chucking Hogan in the ruck?).

Whaaaaaaaat?

Seriously not sure what game you were watching!
Just an observation. While we were great defensively, only kicked 7. Hogan would add a bigger presence to complement the smalls.
Just who do we drop for structure?
Blakely is in trouble, Duman?
Lobb has to stay for structure. Tabs should never chop out in the ruck

That's the thing, people are calling for Lobb to be dropped but unless you're happy to bring Meek in, who's going to chop out in the ruck? Tabs has become too valuable to throw in there as a sacrificial lamb for 5 minutes a qtr. Not to mention the fact that Darcy doesn't have the greatest track record of making it through games unscathed so we need another decent ruck in the side.

Again I think this board often focuses on the negatives instead of the net positives players bring to the table. Lobb dropped a few tonight and has lost some confidence in front of goal, but he still takes more contested marks than any possible replacement we have available would manage (other than Hogan of course, but do you want to be chucking Hogan in the ruck?).

I want to see what Meeks can do.

I’d like to see Hogan in, but probably for Fredrick.

I’d like to see Blackly out for Valente as well.

Your not going to see three changes off a win and a 7 day break.

You know Meeks is a ruck/forward like Lobb.

I was just using your post to make a point to the people calling for Lobb out without bringing a suitable replacement like Meek in.

And to say that despite Lobb not being in the best form he still impacted far more with his contested marks up forward than I think Meek would.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back