Prediction Changes Round 15 V Sydney

Remove this Banner Ad

Well after another 100 point loss against the Bye we now head to play the Swannies in a venue we haven't won in 20 odd years.
We last won against Sydney at the SCG in 1999.

I was in year 12 then and am now 41 going on 42. Fa rk that makes me feel old.

Getting close to a quarter of a century. Haven’t beaten Sydney there this millennium!

We last won against Sydney at the SCG in 1999.

I was in year 12 then and am now 41 going on 42. Fa rk that makes me feel old.

Getting close to a quarter of a century. Haven’t beaten Sydney there this millennium!
So far two long serving premiership coaches (Woosha and Simmo) have failed to get a win there.

B- Hurn Barrass Witherdan
HB- Hunt McGovern Duggan
C- Gaff Sheed Chesser
HF- Shuey Allen Pettrucclle
F- Long Darling Maric
FOLL- Williams Yeo Kelly
I/C- Ginbey, Hewett, Hough, SPS
Sub- L.Edwards

HB- Hunt McGovern Duggan
C- Gaff Sheed Chesser
F- Long Darling Maric
FOLL- Williams Yeo Kelly
Sub- L.Edwards

I get the feeling from listening to Simmo last night and Bell this morning that Hurn won’t be ready this weekend. I noticed he didn’t train fully yesterday either and did some fitness work on the outside oval with a trainer away from the main group

On that basis, I’d keep Bazzo in

Other than that, some positional adjustments aside, your 23 looks about right

The emergencies would be O’Neill, Trew and Clark (who may be under an injury cloud of his own as he didn’t train yesterday)

I’m getting very close to making the case that we’d be better with O’Neill or Trew instead of Gaff. With Cripps, Cole and Hurn also close to a return as soon as possibly next week, Gaff’s position has to be under threat if he doesn’t improve

There’s also no obvious ruck support option for Bailey Williams which is a concern. McGovern looks the most capable but that presents a risk in his first game back

HB- Hunt McGovern Duggan
C- Gaff Sheed Chesser
F- Long Darling Maric
FOLL- Williams Yeo Kelly
Sub- L.Edwards
I don't think that this is too wide of the mark.

Keys may be right about Hurn not making it. Bazzo if no Hurn.

I'd be a little disappointed if Trew missed. He looked alright (if anyone can in a 100 point loss) in what he did with only 32% time on ground. His only real chance to stay on is to get a few games in a row. In the team, not as sub.

From your team, if Hurn ok I'd like to see (not going to happen)...

Gaff out, Hough to wing, Trew to bench.

The other concern is the number of backs coming back. None have any match fitness. And we know the ball will spend most time in our back half.

I’m getting very close to making the case that we’d be better with O’Neill or Trew instead of Gaff.
I think you could almost make the case for this guy instead of Gaff about now.

Blow A Kiss Love GIF by The Masked Singer UK & The Masked Dancer UK

In: Barrass, Duggan, McGovern, J.Williams, Trew (from sub)
Out: Foley (inj), Clark (inj), O’Neill, Bazzo, Ledwards (to sub)

Backs: Barrass, McGovern, Yeo/Ginbey, Duggan/Shuey, Witherden, Hough, Hunt
Mids: Kelly, Sheed, Ginbey/Yeo, Shuey/Duggan, Gaff, Chesser
Rucks: Williams, Williams
Forwards: Allen, Darling, Maric, Petch, Long, SPS, Trew
Sub: Ledwards
Emergencies: O’Neill (traveling), Hewett, Bazzo (WAFL)

Ditching the idea of Gov coming back through the WAFL. They won’t do it and to be honest we probably can’t afford to anyway.

Jilliams to come in to back up Billiams. Between him and Barnett but I don’t like the idea of debuting a kid in a 100 point loss at the SCG.

Bazzo misses out because otherwise we’re very very tall. It’s a shame but I don’t see him, Barrass or Gov being used as a ruck.

Hewett, Bazzo, Barnett and Dewar would be the only players in the WAFL so chalk them up for a 20 goal loss as well.

Last edited:
I get the feeling from listening to Simmo last night and Bell this morning that Hurn won’t be ready this weekend. I noticed he didn’t train fully yesterday either and did some fitness work on the outside oval with a trainer away from the main group

Confirmed that Hurn is at least another week away.

Clark injured?........was it a pirouette while waiting for someone in the pack to pass him the ball, or was it while he was waltzing up and down the ground calling for the ball?

Outs: Shuey (inj abdominal aortic aneurysm, Acne, Bacterial vaginosis, Benign prostate enlargement, Chronic fatigue syndrome, Dementia, Diabetes: Type I, Diabetes: Type II, Endometriosis........................)
Vaginosis is particularly concerning for Shuey, might have to sort out an underlying gender issue as well?
It seems the footy gods are throwing everything at us this season?

Last edited:
With only 28 available and Dewar, Barnett and JWilliams very unlikely, it is really a question of which 2 do you leave out (1 for travel emergency and 1 for WAFL). The least likely to make it as an AFL player are probs XO and Trew, so one travels and one plays WAFL. One of Hewett, Chesser or Edwards plays sub. 8 of the 23 will have less than 22 games experience, that is "playing the kids".

After this it's only Hurn, Cripps, Waterman and Cole likely to challenge for a spot in the next 4 weeks.

This assumes no new mystery ailments...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

“Hopefully we can get it all together and click and get on the same field together..." - Simmo.
Would help immensely with our team cohesion if we could all play on the same field together?
Any news on Waterman's mystery ailment?

Xavier O’Neill just keeps on keeping on.

See far less upside in him compared to Trew. Even if they are both delist fodder.

He probably is, but he's also already debuted so there wouldn't be an announcement

Forgot about the Norf game last year where it was you get a game if you were still standing

Remove this Banner Ad

Back