Prediction Changes: Round 15 Vs Essendon + prematch discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

MrDanggazz

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 11, 2016
AFL Club
Fremantle
Leave any changes and prematch discussion below.

I know there were several passengers but the one that stands out to me is that Noddy should not be pulling on the purple next week.

Banfield out. Keuk in.
Darcy in if fit. One of Scultz or Walters out.
Erasmus into 22. Not sure who out. Henry better but still needs to break lines more if he plays outside. Odriscoll looks like he had no preseason.
Aish is another that probably will come in if fit.
Darcy is the only difference maker. Wish we had a 1st round pick

Out: Joel Corey (once again)

First thing.
* Henry off. There’s nothing there, there’s nothing special.

Second- NOD should get a spell.

Now something has to be said about Fyfe and Switkowski. Fyfe has struggled big time. Up forward he’s slow and in the middle he relies so much on his ball winning that he doesn’t run both ways.
Switkowski hasn’t kicked goals for weeks. 9 goals from 12 games isn’t elite.
He won’t be dropped, but he just doesn’t do enough apart from elite pressure

Banfield, Hughes, Clark, Ryan have been horrendous the last two weeks.

In: Darcy, Worner, Erasmus, Frederick
Out: Henry, NOD, Fyfe, Banfield

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I didn’t agree with picking Henry or to a lesser extent Sturt (originally- right man to bring in for Freddy) in the first place but they shouldn’t be dropped based on today’s performances.

Realistically most of the improvement will need to come from players that will not be dropped and probably rightly so.
  • Our midfield got smashed in everything - clearances, loose ball gets, contested possessions, tackles, spread etc. That’s on our leaders to fix.
  • Our inside fifties were beyond a joke and gave the forwards no chance whatsoever.
  • Our small/medium forwards haven’t performed the last two weeks. Again they seem to be done in almost every aspect of the game. We usually get 6-7 goals from that group and last two weeks we’ve been so far off that. Schultz and Freddy (confirmed by his late emission) are playing like they’re carrying something.

Last edited:
NOD has to go.
CLARK annoys the he'll out of me ... very outside and scared of contact, but when he attacks it he's elite. Really should be playing on a wing.

Henry wasn't too bad, but comes out for Frederick if he's back. Can't have all 3 of Henry, Sturt and Frederick in a team.

It's actually really challenging to make changes, got a lot of inside mids but nobody else really knocking down the door. Maybe Wilson back in for Nod and Clark to a wing?

Darcy for Banfield seems inevitable.
Sturt to play smaller and Jackson back forward.

Out: Banfield, Switkowski, NOD
In: Darcy, Erasmus, Worner

Banfield can go. He had a good few weeks before the bye, but he's proving his critics right. He disappears and he never been consistent. Only consistently inconsistent.

I'm pretty sure Switta has been playing with a foot issue. If so, he should be dropped. He's had no impact recently.

Darcy is an automatic inclusion if fit. Erasmus to get promoted. Worner to debut at home next week in NOD's place.

Banfield has put together two awful games in a row which means it's time for him to be dropped.

Darcy will have to come back and try and push us back into place, but I reckon it will take us several weeks to gel again.

Out: NOD, Switta, Banfield
In: Keuk or Darcy if fit, Erasmus, Aish if fit or Brodie

Stick Johnson out on NOD's wing.

Bring in the extra tall, Sturt's game today means he retains the spot over Banners who has been goalless for two weeks.

Send a message to the mid forwards that if you aren't performing you miss out.

Switta can't even kick 40m, his disposal efficiency is down, the commentators were saying he was our best kick when he was lining up for goal and I just knew he wasn't even going to make the distance.

I am incredibly biased because I don't like him as a player, so I know I am probably latching on to his poor form but it was hard to find others to drop.

Banfield has had two lots of 4 weeks of good form punctuated by bad games, this is probably the first time this season he has had 2 in a row. However Sturt was presenting and deserves to be able to build on that game. So to bring the extra tall in Banners comes out.

It is time to rip the band-aid off and give Ras and Jonno a chance to build that Brayshaw/ Serong type connection.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back