Prediction Changes: Round 15 Vs Essendon + prematch discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Similar to Mac Andrew who is a lot younger, but playing. Being skinny may not be the only reason he isn't ready. Including WC Academy he has been around a professional development environment for a while and may always be skinny.
Playing loose man in defence is a little different to playing key forward. He is very one sided as well. Can't even hack forward on his wrong foot. Gets him in a lot of trouble and he gets caught a lot.

Playing loose man in defence is a little different to playing key forward. He is very one sided as well. Can't even hack forward on his wrong foot. Gets him in a lot of trouble and he gets caught a lot.
Anytime I have watched Kuek he looked a long way off the level of AFL. He’s also not that young from memory, he’s the same vintage as Sam Walsh, the king bros etc. can he build his body much more from what it already is as a 22/23 yo?
Mac Andrew is a different cat - still just 19.

He needs to get ahead of amiss or Treacy to get a look in IMO.

Anytime I have watched Kuek he looked a long way off the level of AFL. He’s also not that young from memory, he’s the same vintage as Sam Walsh, the king bros etc. can he build his body much more from what it already is as a 22/23 yo?
Mac Andrew is a different cat - still just 19.

He needs to get ahead of amiss or Treacy to get a look in IMO.
He is very good on the lead, has a great set shot and a good leap. Can take some good marks in the pack just from reading the ball well. He would offer a point of difference but can't see how he would get a gig as a tall if Amiss, Treacy and Jackson were all available. Doesn't have the defensive side of Sturt so can't really play as a hybrid. Will be interested to see how he develops. Definitely has the talent

I think there is a reasonable argument that Sturt should be in ahead of Frederick this week.
I think this board is far too precious about the quality of our small forwards and grossly overrates them as a unit.
All of Schultz, Frederick, Switta and Walters have question marks over them.
Walters is a bit different as he has been a champion and reached the top of the Mountain from an individual player POV by winning an AA. However time waits for no man and he is now 33 and on the wane, but i would still pick him ahead of the other 3, because he has some inherent class they just do not have.
All of Switta, Schultz and Frederick have nice attributes that make them fan favs at times. But they are not elite, and never will be. At lease one of them needs to be upgraded for us to become a serious finals team and flag contender.
This idea that they are indispensable and locked into the 22 is silly.
If someone like Sturt or others are showing good form and might be an upgrade then keep them in.
Collingwood reached a prelim last year and ginnivan kicked 40 goals.
Mcrae wasn’t happy with his small forward brigade and went out recruited Bobby hill.
Ginnivan is now playing VFL footy.
That’s a ruthless team. We need to be like that.

I said earlier in this thread that Freddie struggles in the wet, so I agree

You are anything but a Sturt defender.

Bloke kicks almost half our score, is the third highest tackler and gets dropped the following week in favour of keeping in same old favourites of old mate coach in Hughes, JOM and Ryan. Absolute ******* joke of a selection, same shite that has been happening since round 20 last year.

Oi drop Ryan ay

Remove this Banner Ad

Back