Prediction Changes: Round 15 Vs Essendon + prematch discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

As somoene who has been reasonable though on the opposite side s_wd6, given Freddy is clearly not going to be 100% for tomorrow, do you think it's wrong if they play him over Sturt? I said it would be close with Freddy and Sturt but I dont need to be a doctor to know he's going to be underdone if he's limping the day before the game.

As somoene who has been reasonable though on the opposite side s_wd6, given Freddy is clearly not going to be 100% for tomorrow, do you think it's wrong if they play him over Sturt? I said it would be close with Freddy and Sturt but I dont need to be a doctor to know he's going to be underdone if he's limping the day before the game.
I'll take a building Sturt over an underdone Freddy.

What good is Freddy to us if he can't offer his full firepower. Speed.

So Freddy out for Sturt

Banfield to sub

Noddy to get form at peel

Makes sense to me
Sturt in for Freddy

Worner to sub.

Noddy and Banfield to get for at Peel so they slot straight back into the team once said form returns.

Worner managed in and out of the team for the rest of 2023 until a full on assault on pre-season in 2024.

If Freddy is underdone, to the point that he was in the Richmond game, then I would much rather Sturt over him. I don't think theres any benefit to playing an injured Freddy in the wet.

That being said, I really couldn't tell he was limping from that video.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Freddie will not play tomorrow night.

Further running on his ankle, which is clearly still not right, will only exacerbate the injury.

That would mean a longer stint on the sidelines, which is something the Club definitely doesn’t want to happen.

Who's the guy who tells Nathan Fyfe he's dropped because we don't think he's fit to play when he thinks he is?
Well we already got him locked in for another two years, or is that he got us locked . Hmmmm 🤔

But I think give him one or two more games. If he really isn't improving someone needs to let him know

Well we already got him locked in for another two years, or is that he got us locked . Hmmmm 🤔

But I think give him one or two more games. If he really isn't improving someone needs to let him know
I'll be watching him closely over the next couple of weeks. I feel like Darcy back in the team makes Fyfe a more potent weapon through the middle.

Also, and I don't know how much credence you give this, the guys have said just having Fyfe out there lifts the midfields confidence. Could be a bit of a security blanket situation going on there which could be a problem in 2 years time.

I'll be watching him closely over the next couple of weeks. I feel like Darcy back in the team makes Fyfe a more potent weapon through the middle.

Also, and I don't know how much credence you give this, the guys have said just having Fyfe out there lifts the midfields confidence. Could be a bit of a security blanket situation going on there which could be a problem in 2 years time.
I think it was noticeable when he came on as sub in the Hawks game. But that was also the roar of the crowd. Think if we keep losing then that goodwill may wane and replaced by some resentment if they feel he isn't playing his role

I think it was noticeable when he came on as sub in the Hawks game. But that was also the roar of the crowd. Think if we keep losing then that goodwill may wane and replaced by some resentment if they feel he isn't playing his role
Yeah, but same could be said of anybody out there not playing their role. Case in point Liam Henry.

A part of me wants Banfield to get placed into the Best 22 over Sturt just to see people lose their s**t here.

Would be entertaining as hell, better for the team? Probably not, but entertaining nonetheless.

A part of me wants Banfield to get placed into the Best 22 over Sturt just to see people lose their s**t here.

Would be entertaining as hell, better for the team? Probably not, but entertaining nonetheless.
At least if that happens you'll know most of the board have their head screwed on straight :)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back