Prediction Changes: Round 15 Vs Essendon + prematch discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Imagine being an afl caliber back pocket and seeing your next task is to stop Sam Switkowski kicking a bag. Wouldn’t sleep a wink

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah I don't know know. Maybe it's just me but it would feel really odd dropping a 2 time Brownlow medalist back to the WAFL. Who do you replace him with? Imagine being the guy who came in to replace him, be a bit of pressure to perform.
Fyfe to sub if it comes to that, he is great as an impact player coming in fresh when everyone else is starting to slow down. FWIW I think Brodie was a good impact sub as well, no idea why they play forwards as the sub so often.

We well are sitting in the bottom 6 over halfway through the season having been 5th last year so someone’s not playing well
It's been a team effort. Banfield (almost) and NOD are already gone. Sturt on the edge. You can't drop everyone.

I forced myself to watch the 2nd half from last week again. NOD was actually very involved at both ends of the ground. He stands out because of his gait & appearance but he was definitely a lot more prominent than some others.

Henry was good too.

Brayshaw was amazing at times.

Fyfe didn’t do a whole lot but a few things he did were very good. The gather on the wing, fend off & lace out pass to a forward were right from the vintage Fyfe collection. He looked closer to taking a few marks too.

Loved the pack mark Amiss took. Anyone know why they took it off him?

If our talls are creating a contest down the line that will be much lesser of a problem and being a result of opposition pressure, or perceived pressure, it's going to happen.

Not everyone can have the composure of Matt Johnson.
He's young. I'm sure he'll fix it up.

Or if Banners ended up sub and Sturt got subbed out for him the meltdown to end all meltdowns based on what I've seen this past few days lol

I'm okay if Banners doesn't play this week with the rain coming. Then if we play poorly in the wet they can find other people to blame
Poster name to post is ironic. :)

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He's young. I'm sure he'll fix it up.

Serong's unteachable elite skill is the spiderman hands he has that take the ball cleanly even when it's passed to him in an awkward way.

If he doesn't find the composure to avoid the quick kick, so be it. We can build that into a game plan easy enough with competitive talls.

Serong's unteachable elite skill is the spiderman hands he has that take the ball cleanly even when it's passed to him in an awkward way.

If he doesn't find the composure to avoid the quick kick, so be it. We can build that into a game plan easy enough with competitive talls.
Wow no one rates his delivery I50. Brashaw doesn't come close.

I forced myself to watch the 2nd half from last week again. NOD was actually very involved at both ends of the ground. He stands out because of his gait & appearance but he was definitely a lot more prominent than some others.

Henry was good too.

Brayshaw was amazing at times.

Fyfe didn’t do a whole lot but a few things he did were very good. The gather on the wing, fend off & lace out pass to a forward were right from the vintage Fyfe collection. He looked closer to taking a few marks too.

Loved the pack mark Amiss took. Anyone know why they took it off him?
Nod was involved but his involvement was shocking

So many times he would get the ball on the half back flank and just stop, no urgency at all, he looked cooked

So many times he would get the ball on the half back flank and just stop, no urgency at all, he looked cooked
Pretty much. In terms of our wing options he clearly understands the role the best and gets himself in all the right places but his disposal is really letting him down.

True. He seems a bit like Tabs in that he needs to be fully fit and have lots of match practice then he suddenly becomes amazing but when he's out of touch he's horrible. I remember when we first drafted him and he was injured and then he came back through the WAFL. I'd never seen him play before and he was horrendous. I couldn't believe we drafted him.

True. He seems a bit like Tabs in that he needs to be fully fit and have lots of match practice then he suddenly becomes amazing but when he's out of touch he's horrible. I remember when we first drafted him and he was injured and then he came back through the WAFL. I'd never seen him play before and he was horrendous. I couldn't believe we drafted him.
100% agree with your take on noddy that first year

He was bloody awful at wafl level, I was stunned with last year's form, I'm definitely a little bit worried it might be a one year wonder type of thing

His kicking action is awful but he just seemed to bite the bullet and go for things last year, chaotic but it kept working, hopefully it's not a case of luck running out

We just need him to hit an assy goal and find some confidence

Yeah he’s a weird one but we have seen what he’s capable of when the stars align.

Serong is an excellent kick , What many people forget is inside vs outside , Outside under no pressure guess what? kicking looks better, Kicking inside is under more intense pressure and hence more unreliable.
He misses lots of targets when he is out in space. Tends to depend on the week.

100% agree with your take on noddy that first year

He was bloody awful at wafl level, I was stunned with last year's form, I'm definitely a little bit worried it might be a one year wonder type of thing

His kicking action is awful but he just seemed to bite the bullet and go for things last year, chaotic but it kept working, hopefully it's not a case of luck running out

We just need him to hit an assy goal and find some confidence
Clearly unfit, rushed in due to the lack of young wingers. The depth is dire and NOD is one of few natural wingers.
He should’ve had a 4 week stint for Peel and increase numbers each week.
Didn’t have a proper pre season

Clearly unfit, rushed in due to the lack of young wingers. The depth is dire and NOD is one of few natural wingers.
He should’ve had a 4 week stint for Peel and increase numbers each week.
Didn’t have a proper pre season
Yeah I'm leaning on the side of not one hit wonder

It feels bizarre that he could have such a good season and not make it

Definitely needs a good run at peel, means Henry has a stretch at AFL level

Remove this Banner Ad

Back