Prediction Changes: Round 15 Vs Essendon + prematch discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah I'm leaning on the side of not one hit wonder

It feels bizarre that he could have such a good season and not make it

Definitely needs a good run at peel, means Henry has a stretch at AFL level
Think part of why he was good last year was because of our other wingers. Him and Acres worked very well together and allowed him to play more offensively.

I think last year was a one hit wonder in terms of goal kicking, but I still do think he’ll be good for us on the wing for a while to come. A full pre season would definitely help.

Think part of why he was good last year was because of our other wingers. Him and Acres worked very well together and allowed him to play more offensively.

I think last year was a one hit wonder in terms of goal kicking, but I still do think he’ll be good for us on the wing for a while to come. A full pre season would definitely help.
He got a football lesson last week against Kelly who had 31 and kicked 3

Peel are close to the best side in the WAFL, I’m not sure what you need for someone to push out guys not performing at AFL but it feels a very high bar

The WAFL is a weak competition, a long, long way off AFL level, and Peel aren't the best team in that weak competition. With all of the AFL listed players they have they really should be, and if more of our next level was good enough for AFL they would be. Brodie and Wilson are AFL quality (but not top AFL), Raz, Hamling and Wagner are borderline, and Worner so too Worner but is an unknown. They're the reason Peel are doing so well, the rest aren't close imo and if more of them were Peel would be almost unbeatable. Not sure how Peel being top 4 in the WAFL makes a case for players like Emmett etc. It's a long, long bow to draw Snuf.

O'Driscoll looks a million bucks when he is running offensively and our midfield is winning stoppages.

Looks pretty horrible when we can't win the ball though doesn't it.

All starts with the contested ball at the source.
Yep.

Footy is pretty simple really.
Win it out of the middle. Don’t let it out of the front half until you get a goal. Repeat.

Last week we lost the middle. And when we did win, let them walk it out of defence.

The WAFL is a weak competition, a long, long way off AFL level, and Peel aren't the best team in that weak competition. With all of the AFL listed players they have they really should be, and if more of our next level was good enough for AFL they would be. Brodie and Wilson are AFL quality (but not top AFL), Raz, Hamling and Wagner are borderline, and Worner so too Worner but is an unknown. They're the reason Peel are doing so well, the rest aren't close imo and if more of them were Peel would be almost unbeatable. Not sure how Peel being top 4 in the WAFL makes a case for players like Emmett etc. It's a long, long bow to draw Snuf.
Plenty of state teams have plenty of AFL players and aren’t at the top of their comp. I wasn’t talking about just Emmett, I was talking about several of the guys at the level. Im not advocating for Emmett to come in here and dominate but Banfield has been invisible for two weeks while WAFL guys (like Emmett) have consistently played well. As a sub and playing a role I’m sure Emmett could have an impact

I'm fine with Henry getting another chance this week, he started off rough against GWS but he showed good signs and got better as the game went on. Like the other young players, you need to give him consistency.

I'm fine with Henry getting another chance this week, he started off rough against GWS but he showed good signs and got better as the game went on. Like the other young players, you need to give him consistency.
Yes young players deserve consistent game time before they are dropped. Realistically Henry is only playing because of Aish being injured though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Think youve hit the nail on the head, Acres covered the defensive half more of the time and this allowed Noddy more of a licence to naturally attack the game. He's had to play a more defensive role this season and has looked way worse a player as a result. Think it's also true that he was fitter last season.

Imagine being an afl caliber back pocket and seeing your next task is to stop Sam Switkowski kicking a bag. Wouldn’t sleep a wink

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I dunno. I think I would have the best sleep ever if I had to defend Switta. When has he ever kicked a bag?

Similar to Mac Andrew who is a lot younger, but playing. Being skinny may not be the only reason he isn't ready. Including WC Academy he has been around a professional development environment for a while and may always be skinny.
I don't know if that's a good comparison cause I don't think Andrew is ready yet from what I've seen...

I forced myself to watch the 2nd half from last week again. NOD was actually very involved at both ends of the ground. He stands out because of his gait & appearance but he was definitely a lot more prominent than some others.

Henry was good too.

Brayshaw was amazing at times.

Yep he was

Remove this Banner Ad

Back