Prediction Changes Round 15 vs Essendon

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sheed plays one game of AFL and....he's gone.

Le sigh.

Did we build Optus on an ancient burial ground?

In: Ryan, Kelly, Witherden, Clark
Out: Kennedy (managed), Sheed (foot), McGovern (ribs), Nelson (sub)

Backs: Barrass, Bazzo, Hurn, Yeo, Duggan, Witherden, Jones
Mids: Kelly, Shuey, Redden, Clark/West, Gaff, Hough (wings)
Rucks: Jamieson, Williams
Forwards: Darling, Waterman, Ryan, Cripps, Rioli, Petruccelle, West/Clark
Sub: Nelson
Emergencies: Rotham, Foley, Culley

Kennedy rested, looked really hampered and it’s a short turnaround. Straight swap for Ryan, he can play taller as can Waterman, and the rucks can rest forward more.

Kelly straight swap for Sheed, no point risking making his foot worse.

Witherden for Gov, or Foley, or Rotham. Preferably not Edwards, we don’t need to be too tall against Essendon’s forwards and Barrass/Bazzo/Hurn/Yeo is plenty.

West and Clark to share the sixth midfielder role. Nelson sub since he can come in and do a variety of roles. SPS can come back through the WAFL, as can NicNat.

Culley as an emergency just to let him (and the world) know he’s getting close.

Kennedy rested, looked really hampered and it’s a short turnaround. Straight swap for Ryan, he can play taller as can Waterman, and the rucks can rest forward more.

Witherden for Gov, or Foley, or Rotham. Preferably not Edwards, we don’t need to be too tall against Essendon’s forwards and Barrass/Bazzo/Hurn/Yeo is plenty.

West and Clark to share the sixth midfielder role. Nelson sub since he can come in and do a variety of roles. SPS can come back through the WAFL, as can NicNat.

Not sure I'd rest Kennedy against Essendon at home.
He's likely going to get Ridley (because they have no other tall defenders bar Laverde who will likely take Darling) and hasn't needed to travel for weeks.
If you rest him, you rest him for a travelling game and not one week after the bye.
Could see him kick a handful (possibly for the last time) if we are competitive in the centre.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remember in that period 2015-2018 our key midfielders barely missed a game and we were all upset that we weren’t giving any younger midfielders a game?

Yeah, I’d take that right now. Just can’t get any consistent games into any of our midfield.

Oh my…

There is really no chance that Shuey, Kelly, Sheed, Gaff, Naitanui and Yeo actually all play a game together is there? 😅

We’ll miss Sheed (again), he does a bucket load of reliable link work, we’ve missed that badly.

Cautious Optimism is fading, welcome back Impending Doom. 😬

Remember in that period 2015-2018 our key midfielders barely missed a game and we were all upset that we weren’t giving any younger midfielders a game?

Yeah, I’d take that right now. Just can’t get any consistent games into any of our midfield.
2015 - when EMac and Brown went down with knee injuries early in the season!

But that was a period where our kids were healthy. Probably lulled our list management team into a false confidence

Culley travel to Melbourne? Would think that is a very poor option unless Beagles have a Sunday game?

Culley travel to Melbourne? Would think that is a very poor option unless Beagles have a Sunday game?

Game against Essendon is in Perth

Game against Essendon is in Perth
YEah just realised that. I cant recall us ever playing back to back games in Perth aside from when we have an away game against Freo each year.
Why do we have this oddity in the scheduling?

YEah just realised that. I cant recall us ever playing back to back games in Perth aside from when we have an away game against Freo each year.
Why do we have this oddity in the scheduling?
Every year we seem to get back to back home games once. With my WCE glasses on I would say that it is to make sure they can schedule us a Geelong or Brisbane away match in the last round.

However it is probably more likely that in trying to ensure we don't travel back to back weeks and there is always either a Freo or WCE game at Optus each week then they often need to switch up the Home - Away pattern mid season. It is normally straight after the bye or a derby and so isnt noticable.

Edit: Last year our back to back home games were either side of the bye

That's another foot injury. Pretty concerning that this keeps happening.

Since 2019, we haven't run out any season and have looked underdone at the start of the year.

Coincidence, but maybe we have been reducing running in a failed attempt to minimise lower leg soft tissue, foot and ankle injuries?

Coincidence maybe that Sheed does a pectoral muscle, builds up running and gets foot hot spot?

Coincidence maybe that Allan has big pre-season, bingo goes the foot?

Coincidence that since 2018, we have looked semi incompetent in regards to injury management?

Coincidence maybe, that we are training at suburban ground that was not designed for full time athletes and is located in one of the lowest summer rainfall areas in the world so it is effing hard and we have these injuries?

Maybe I am just a believer in too many coincidences?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back