Prediction Changes: Round 16 Vs Bulldogs + pre-match discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Finally see Banfield in the wafl then

Sturt not getting any gametime this weekend after being sub :/
Not that the alternative is any better but there is a chance Ras is the travelling emergency. The sub will be as much a tactical preference as it is who's performed the best. I dont like either getting no gametime but I suppose that's just how it is

Not that the alternative is any better but there is a chance Ras is the travelling emergency. The sub will be as much a tactical preference as it is who's performed the best. I dont like either getting no gametime but I suppose that's just how it is
Feel like Ras will be sub for sure

Sorry why would you tag Freddy? Forwards normally have backs that play on them which I think was just what happened on the weekend. Also how did it free up Henry, did Freddy have Henry’s opponent playing on him as well as his own?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
don't know the whys but I was sitting in the top stand Level 5 up one end and have a great view down like looking at a chess board. Freddie was closely checked every time I looked. Ryan had no one on him and did whatever the hell he wanted. I don't remember ever seeing anyone with Henry except at the start of a stoppage, he was always by himself or part of a 2 on 1.

don't know the whys but I was sitting in the top stand Level 5 up one end and have a great view down like looking at a chess board. Freddie was closely checked every time I looked. Ryan had no one on him and did whatever the hell he wanted. I don't remember ever seeing anyone with Henry except at the start of a stoppage, he was always by himself or part of a 2 on 1.
that's how I saw it too

Not so sure about that. Given the team is already arguably playing one too many inside mids Sturt would provide greater tactical flexibility.

I think Sturt is more dangerous as a sub so it is more likely to be him.

Ras clearly the better player but i'm not sure the sub role suits him that well.

I think Sturt is more dangerous as a sub so it is more likely to be him.

Ras clearly the better player but i'm not sure the sub role suits him that well.

I find it odd that they like to play a forward as the sub. Personally think the best impact (and therefore tactical) subs we’ve had all year were Fyfe and Bodie. Injecting a fresh clearance beast into the midfield battle when everyone else has already played 2.5 qtrs seemed to work really well, in the Gold Coast game it completely turned the tide and we ran over the top of them.

I’d almost prefer Ras and Sturt get full games at peel than a qtr in the AFL or no time at all for whoever misses out on the sub role.

No one new on the plane.
Sturt went.

Bulldogs’ midfield absolutely flogged ours at home. Need to half the clearances at least. IF Aish comes in, surely purely as tag/stop on Bonts.

Their backline very vulnerable.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The best thing we can do is treat Lobb with the irrelevance that he deserves.

The more the players get stuck into him the more it seems that we hate that he left us. Nothing could be further from the truth. I’m sure the last time we played them the players were giving Freo fans what they thought we wanted to see which was Lobb being roughed up. But it was that very distraction which helped contribute to us losing the game.

Our players need to focus completely on getting a win and nothing more.

Bulldogs backline looks terrible on paper. Their interchange also looks poor such that they are playing 10-12 average players. Just need to not get smashed in the midfield like last time by Bont, Macrae, Libba, Smith, Treloar, English.

Bulldogs backline looks terrible on paper. Their interchange also looks poor such that they are playing 10-12 average players. Just need to not get smashed in the midfield like last time by Bont, Macrae, Libba, Smith, Treloar, English.

Last time we could contain their midfield, and we lost the game.

I can see the same happening this time as well.

Biggest discrepency between the two sides last time was the tackles inside fifty, they were 2.33x for that on us. They doubled us on marks inside fifty and 2.5x over us on bounces which speaks to a ball flying out of our forward line and easily into theirs.

+33% on inside fifties. Plus 11% season average for them, down 13.5% for us.

JUH got off the chain early. Sending a message almost before the game even started it was so fast.

We need our wings to hurt them the other way a lot more this match.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back