Prediction Changes: Round 16 Vs Melbourne + pre-match discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

unless there's someone i've forgotten about, everyone who's fit (and didn't play v richmond) played in a scratch match this morning with the exception of Watson, so doubt there'll be major changes
See Harley played in the scratchy for Sydney, wonder if he knocked back putting the Freo colours on?

Why is everyone so disappointed at no changes? We played pretty well against Richmond. Comments like "We've lost 3 of our last 4" and "We're obviously going better than I thought we were" are so reactionary. We lost to both of last year's grand finalists and all of a sudden you want to make mass changes to a young side who need as many games together as possible?

Why is everyone so disappointed at no changes? We played pretty well against Richmond. Comments like "We've lost 3 of our last 4" and "We're obviously going better than I thought we were" are so reactionary. We lost to both of last year's grand finalists and all of a sudden you want to make mass changes to a young side who need as many games together as possible?

Because they think that we’ve got a shiny new Rolls Royce in the shed that we’re hiding away and refusing to bring out. Lol.

Last edited:
It's a good opportunity also to see the same young side who coughed it up last week against Richmond have a chance of responding and hopefulling getting the win back. You could see all the disappointment after the Richmond game. Also the coaches and players still want to win, not treat the rest of the season as junk-time for the little benifit of a couple of players getting AFL minutes.

Who is knocking down the door?

I'd like to see Valente play but who else am I missing?

while im no fan of his and he'll likely be delisted, we can't kick goals and Matera kicked 5 of them so there's an at least an argument for him there.

Stephen Hill is in all likelihood cooked and Jlo flagged he'll be rested at some point but Thomas, Watson or Pina didn't get a look in,

Mundy is going beautifully this year but realistically he's 34, at this stage of the year is it more important for him to get games or to see if Valente or even North can play?

I'm not a great fan of Dixon either but Lobb has been lame for a few weeks, maybe could have given him a run?

I can see the logic in a coach wanting to build some continuity with a group but I would have thought that this year is so unique that its pretty much a gift for a first year coach to expose the list with very little ramifications, and with list sizes being decreased you'd be even more inclined to be more informed with who you're going to delist by giving them a few games.

Colyer, obvs...

Not fussed if it isn't this year but keen to see what Leno has got. Also think Henry needs more games, clearly the future.

Henry isn't ready. I noticed that scratch match report they mentioned Henry's tackling pressure.

I reckon they had a word to him about that. He was actively avoiding body contact in his two AFL games so far. Not a criticism but he's just not ready in a year where players have to play 15 vs 15 in a park if you're not in the 22. Leno would be good to see but hardly a travesty that he wasn't picked.

Because..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I for one am glad that our match committee don’t select players because a handful of supporters on Bigfooty want to see them.
I doubt that most footy players or coaches know that this place exists, it's smaller than most communities like Facebook, Instagram, Reddit, Twitter etc.

Henry isn't ready. I noticed that scratch match report they mentioned Henry's tackling pressure.

I reckon they had a word to him about that. He was actively avoiding body contact in his two AFL games so far. Not a criticism but he's just not ready in a year where players have to play 15 vs 15 in a park if you're not in the 22. Leno would be good to see but hardly a travesty that he wasn't picked.
Yeah you're probably right.

while im no fan of his and he'll likely be delisted, we can't kick goals and Matera kicked 5 of them so there's an at least an argument for him there.

Stephen Hill is in all likelihood cooked and Jlo flagged he'll be rested at some point but Thomas, Watson or Pina didn't get a look in,

Mundy is going beautifully this year but realistically he's 34, at this stage of the year is it more important for him to get games or to see if Valente or even North can play?

I'm not a great fan of Dixon either but Lobb has been lame for a few weeks, maybe could have given him a run?

I can see the logic in a coach wanting to build some continuity with a group but I would have thought that this year is so unique that its pretty much a gift for a first year coach to expose the list with very little ramifications, and with list sizes being decreased you'd be even more inclined to be more informed with who you're going to delist by giving them a few games.

I don't know. I feel we are past the "let's give everyone a game to see what they've got" stage of our rebuild.

Maybe another couple of debuts in the next three games but none that you mentioned except maybe Valente and Leno appear to be part of our plans or have done enough to earn a spot.

I for one am glad that our match committee don’t select players because a handful of supporters on Bigfooty want to see them.

No way am I implying that I know more than Freo’s match committee and I don’t advocate for seven changes to the team list alas Goodwin. But I think a lot of us don’t want to see a repeat of the Menegola situation. If Valente’s not good enough, he’s not goood enough but if he leaves and stars for the Adelaide Crows I will be disappointed to say the least.

He’s obviously a way off from AFL. Fredrick is a better prospect at this point in time. Give Henry a pre season without his knee problems and next year will be his rising one. Hoped for way too much given how slender and out of touch he is

Remove this Banner Ad

Back