Prediction Changes: Round 16 Vs Melbourne + pre-match discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Really not surprised. Who do we have banging the door down? No one really.
Valente could have been for Mundy. But heā€™s in good form, no point really.
Melbourne are coming off a 4 day break. Got embarrassingly beaten by Sydney. Of course they were going to bring changes. But 7? That could be overkill, upset the whole chemistry or the team.

Big outs for Melbourne. Angus Brayshaw, Jones, Harmes, Wagner, Brown. Pretty meh Ins. Press maybe tall, but we have a huge chance at a win here.
Conca straight to Petracca? Or Oliver perhaps?

Seven changes for Melbourne?? Arenā€™t they still in the mix for a finals spot?

They are, and their changes make them better IMO

We've come up against GWS, Richmond and now Melbourne when it's been crunch time for each of them respectively. Our game against WBD could be the decider for if they make finals or not also. Pretty rough end to the season.

Yeah I know he is not flying and probably not a big miss from a performance POV, but I am worried about Shill playing 3 games in 9 days.
Did I think Webber was worthwhile keeping on for next season? No, but the fact that we don't seem to care at all about load management is very concerning.

We've come up against GWS, Richmond and now Melbourne when it's been crunch time for each of them respectively. Our game against WBD could be the decider for if they make finals or not also. Pretty rough end to the season.
I love it personally. Would much rather our young players are up against teams fighting for a finals spot so they get experience high intensity games. Will prepare them much better for finals football in the coming years. Brisbane's soft draw last year did not help them at all other than ladder position imo.

Iā€™m not sure if this is a sign but Iā€™m in a little town in rural England and a bloke just rode past me wearing Dockers branded lycra. I didnā€™t even know that was a thing.
*Proceeds to jump in the car and speed to the TAB with life savings* Hehe

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think we could have done with a bit of of pep in the forward line this week, which Frederick could have brought. But really quite happy to see the team get rewarded with no changes this week after performance in which everybody brought something to the table.

I'd expect Melbourne to be less complacent but a win for us here is important for morale.

To me, 35 is a bloody whippersnapper !!!.
Same šŸ˜¢. I was 34 when I arrived here. Iā€™m not anymore...

lol edit - just saw this on Facebook

Attachments

• 8569BEEC-D33B-4D7D-9987-413EBC351372.jpeg
    8569BEEC-D33B-4D7D-9987-413EBC351372.jpeg
    363 KB · Views: 204
Last edited:
I think we could have done with a bit of of pep in the forward line this week, which Frederick could have brought. But really quite happy to see the team get rewarded with no changes this week after performance in which everybody brought something to the table.

I'd expect Melbourne to be less complacent but a win for us here is important for morale.

Frederick is playing, named on the bench, he was rested the game before last.

I'd have liked to play a youngster instead of Hill. His form is not setting the world on fire and we have no reason anymore to play him into form. His recent history suggests, when he wants to go on next season, we better rest him for the rest of season.

Did I think Webber was worthwhile keeping on for next season? No, but the fact that we don't seem to care at all about load management is very concerning.
What I got out of JLo's comments were that his expectations are that the team should be fit enough to cope with the work load. Considering JLo played for a good number of years, maybe he's right and we're the snowflakes saying it's too much. Maybe the great clubs that win flags are the teams that maintain that level.

On SM-T835 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Been watching a bit of Melbourne lately. May is in some good form so Taberner will have to play a blinder. May does really well to edge the Key forward too far ahead of the drop of the ball, but I think Tabs is a pretty good judge of the flight of the ball and he's got the strength to hold his own. Petracca is on fire lately, will be an interesting matchup whoever he gets.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back