Prediction Changes round 16 vs St Kilda

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cripps likely inclusion

J Williams and two or three other players out so might need a top up player the way the injury list is heading .

Cripps last played in round 3, I wish we were able to bring him back through the WAFL.

And of those 7, 4 played in defence (Hough, Barrass, Witherden, Bazzo) surely it would be ******* hard to NOT get a tackle in the D50 considering the scored over 200 points.
i dont think defenders generally get too many tackles compared to midfielders. when its in the opposition 50 there is not too much carrying the ball.
i could be wrong though

And of those 7, 4 played in defence (Hough, Barrass, Witherden, Bazzo) surely it would be ******* hard to NOT get a tackle in the D50 considering the scored over 200 points.
I noted Rowbottom had 13 official tackles and anther 20 unofficial scragging TK around stoppages and center bounce. I don't know how he kept his cool.

Hope Trew gets a whole game in middle or wing, better than another Gaff performance.

So it's not getting any better.
Someone like Cripps, who hasn't played anything except PS5 for 3 months, comes straight back in because we have no alternatives.
We all know that guys coming back from these long term injuries aren't suddenly fully fit after being unavailable the week before. We all know he should come back through the WAFL to get some fitness and work up the load post injury. We all know that even then he won't be at 100% fitness and will need reduced minutes.

But we have none of those luxuries. So it's straight back at AFL level and pray to the injury gods that he doesn't re-injure or new-injure something.

And please, unless we are down to the absolute minimum number of players can we please dump Sheed and Gaff to the WAFL.

Hi West Coast peoples, hey this is a bit of a strange one and ironic that we are playing you guys this week, but I'm following with interest the Jake Waterman story and him being diagnosed with ulcerative colitis after being prescribe a course of antibiotics. Anyway my interest is based on a very similar situation my daughter has followed recently and we are getting a sniff that the antibiotics are the root of all evil. I'm not sure how I could do this but I have this idea of trying to find out through the club if they know what brand of antibiotics Jake might have been prescribed. The more our family dives into this the more we feel it is something that some public awareness might go a long way and with Jake's case being high profile and in the media it might be something that can help the growing number of people in our society being effected by this cruel disease. Any suggestions would be gratefully welcomed.

Hi West Coast peoples, hey this is a bit of a strange one and ironic that we are playing you guys this week, but I'm following with interest the Jake Waterman story and him being diagnosed with ulcerative colitis after being prescribe a course of antibiotics. Anyway my interest is based on a very similar situation my daughter has followed recently and we are getting a sniff that the antibiotics are the root of all evil. I'm not sure how I could do this but I have this idea of trying to find out through the club if they know what brand of antibiotics Jake might have been prescribed. The more our family dives into this the more we feel it is something that some public awareness might go a long way and with Jake's case being high profile and in the media it might be something that can help the growing number of people in our society being effected by this cruel disease. Any suggestions would be gratefully welcomed.
I don't think the club can disclose that as it is private medical information.

I don't think the club can disclose that as it is private medical information.
Yeah I suspected as much, on a side note over 100 thousand Australians suffer from what Jake has just been diagnosed with so hence my feeling there are a lot of us out there who are looking for answers and also hence why Jakes story piqued my interest. Hopefully Jake is on the very mild end of the spectrum as it can change a persons life to the point they will never lead a normal life again. If it's the antibiotics then this needs to be understood by the public so more people can hopefully avoid the impact to their lives.

Antibiotics indiscriminately kill bacteria in the gut (microbiome) allowing remaining bad bacteria which causes pathologies like UC to proliferate.

Look into FMT as a treatment modality.

Gaining a lot of traction for treating illnesses such as antibiotic induced UC.

It essentially repopulates the person's microbiome with the microbiome of the donor (who are heavily vetted people with exemplary health).

Feel for Jilliams.

Thrown to the wolves for his debut game last season when he was no where near ready, then ruptured his spleen in the preseason this year before his next game being over in the first quarter after rolling his ankle.
Any news if he's definitely out this week because he's not on the injury list .

(Log in to remove this ad.)

awaiting scans - I thing we have then done in the Ukraine it takes so long. I get an MRI and take away the scans and report -after an hours wait max. Ultrasound is quicker. Perhaps I pick good dudes?
ah thanks, I stuck him in supercoach last week

Antibiotics indiscriminately kill bacteria in the gut (microbiome) allowing remaining bad bacteria which causes pathologies like UC to proliferate.

It essentially repopulates the person's microbiome with the microbiome of the donor (who are heavily vetted people with exemplary health).
That's interesting and thankyou so much for the advice, I will definitely follow up.

I support this. Do everything you can to restore the microbiome. I had a similar issue after being treated for Helicobacter pylori. Nearly ended up in hospital, developed severe food allergies so much so that I only ate chicken and rice for months on end. I won't go into the sordid details but I overcame it through fasting and eating prebiotics and fermented foods, one of the best being the Japanese fermented soybean Natto. I wish you a whole lot of luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back