Changes: Round 17 vs Adelaide (In: Slattery | Out: Hibberd)

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Changes: Round 17 vs Adelaide

Hopefully the Slattery rumour is completely incorrect.

I will be physically sick if I see him run out tomorrow night after his diabolical performance in the VFL.

Dyson to take his role.
Don't mind that idea, to be honest.

Not sure about Browne or Carlisle as the sub, though.
Hopefully the Slattery rumour is completely incorrect.

I will be physically sick if I see him run out tomorrow night after his diabolical performance in the VFL.
Did you see the VFL game?

I think Slattery is a week to week proposition. If hibberd goes out injured, he is still - probably - more reliable than one of the kids.

But I would still favour Dyson over him.

I would probably favour my left nut playing HBP over him. He's an honest trier, but he's probably a bad game away from falling right off the radar. Lucky Hibberd, NLM and Myers aren't available.

Slattery hasn't been diabolical at AFL level, don't see why we need to slit our wrists at his inclusion.

ohh FFS I don't understand how he just walks into the side after having an abysmal game in the 2nds, Hibberd should've not been taken out, he was starting to play some really good footy.

Edit: I just saw that Hibberd is out because of soreness.

Yeah well he's played one bad game this year, and has otherwise beaten his opponent.

Hibberd - who's been beaten at least twice in half as many games, and who makes just as many offensive turnovers, if not more - is out, so Slattery comes in.

I'm okay with it, but whingers gonna whinge.

Yeah well he's played one bad game this year, and has otherwise beaten his opponent.

Hibberd - who's been beaten at least twice in half as many games, and who makes just as many offensive turnovers, if not more - is out, so Slattery comes in.

I do like the way Hibberd has been running off the half back line, doesn't shut down as well as Slattery, but offers more run.

At least we finally have some competition for spots :thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

To quote a certain wwe superstar..."Really?" Except for 5 mins of football, he tore Steve Johnson a new arsehole. (Can't comment on last week's game because I didn't see it). Hibberd has been fantastic this year and would much rather Hibberd, who has pace, the jump and good disposal over Slattery any day!

The fact is, as much as I cringe at Slattery...he is still better than playing Dyson, Browne or any other option. Whilst Slatts is...well average is putting it nicely, he is the best person available. Hopefully Hibberd is right for next week.

I still have visions of his numerous games in Adelaide where he is trailing his direct opponent by a good 15-20 metres and when he does have the ball coming out of defence he hits a target (a Crows one) and then sees the ball flying back directly over his head, usually for a goal...

Prove me wrong, Henry. Please. I want humble pie.

I do like the way Hibberd has been running off the half back line, doesn't shut down as well as Slattery, but offers more run.

At least we finally have some competition for spots :thumbsu:
Agree! That's what we've all wanted for years, now. :thumbsu:
To quote a certain wwe superstar..."Really?" Except for 5 mins of football, he tore Steve Johnson a new arsehole. (Can't comment on last week's game because I didn't see it). Hibberd has been fantastic this year and would much rather Hibberd, who has pace, the jump and good disposal over Slattery any day!
No WWE superstar I know says that, so he can't be good.

I would also prefer Hibberd going forward, but he's turned it over every game that he's played in (which is OK, but not for Stanton or Slattery according to some), and he was beaten by his opponent against Brisbane, Richmond, Melbourne, North Melbourne, Hawthorn.

Which is no biggy, and I agree he's been fantastic in patches, but my point is Slattery coming is hardly the end of the world. Hardly stuff that'd make me "physically sick." :rolleyes:

Which is no biggy, and I agree he's been fantastic in patches, but my point is Slattery coming is hardly the end of the world. Hardly stuff that'd make me "physically sick." :rolleyes:

OK, yes... a little dramatic on my part... but I wasn't anticipating a Hibberd injury and Slatts coming in.

As I said hopefully I am filling myself with some humble pie and egg on face come 11pm tomorrow after he plays a blinder.

No WWE superstar I know says that, so he can't be good.

The-Miz-wwe-superstar-1.jpg

If Hibberd was to get injured, slats was always going to be the first called regardless of form, hopefully pig is right to go next week after getting over his soreness and slats is out of the team.
All in all its a pretty balanced team, we have enough small defenders to go with Adelaides small forwards. Hooker could be a late inclusion but it would be great to give him another week off and still get the chocolates over there.
Id start with..
Hurley-Tippett
Pears-Henderson
Fletcher-Moran/Dangerfield
Hocking must go straight to Thompson

Not a great start when Jimmy thinks the games on Saturday night..

Remove this Banner Ad

Back