Prediction Changes Round 17 vs Brisbane

Remove this Banner Ad

Who mentioned anything about the trip? He’s pulled up sore after throwing himself at every contest/body in sight on the weekend.

A rest is hardly the worst thing on earth.

He will be on 7 of 15 and has managed two games after a week off.

I don't dispute his endeavour and have always loved what Shuey could do.

That included being reliable as a regular in the side..........

He can't go on next year.

some here clearly didn’t watch the game on the weekend, Shuey was pushing his body to incredible limits. If he misses every second game next year but is BOG in all the ones he plays I’ll probably take that over Gaff

So that’s at best 12 games he plays, then you minus the games he misses injured which works out about half so he hangs around for 5 or 6 games which we don’t win anyway which makes it actually pointless having him around…

Hang them up time or he can play elsewhere for a year

He will be on 7 of 15 and has managed two games after a week off.

I don't dispute his endeavour and have always loved what Shuey could do.

That included being reliable as a regular in the side..........

He can't go on next year.
Should have added he was subbed in two games, couldn't run them out.

5 GAMES from 15.

What a return! Imagine all those learnings!

So that’s at best 12 games he plays, then you minus the games he misses injured which works out about half so he hangs around for 5 or 6 games which we don’t win anyway which makes it actually pointless having him around…

Hang them up time or he can play elsewhere for a year
He will likely play 12 games this year, no reason he can’t do the same. 12 games of Shuey physically holding it to the opposition and taking heat off the kids is far more valuable to me than 22 of gaff plodding about. Or are you wishing to cut 12 deep?

I wouldn’t be surprised if Shuey and Hurn resting for the Brisbane game was planned at the start of the season.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

He will likely play 12 games this year, no reason he can’t do the same. 12 games of Shuey physically holding it to the opposition and taking heat off the kids is far more valuable to me than 22 of gaff plodding about. Or are you wishing to cut 12 deep?
He will be subbed out early injured in 3 of those 12 games.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So he continues to be the part time footballer he's been since 2020? What an outstanding captain. Leading by example.

Hurn looks to be going,
NN is the conundrum. Does he go on? Much as I love him I’d so no!
The grapevine is increasingly having Barass going!
If Shuey is healthy enough he plays! Simples! Buuut… not as captain!! Last weekend was a do or die and he led from the front!
Yo is young enough but I don’t know how his body is going to hold up. It’s been mooted that we trade him to Freo but reall what can they give us? They’ve sold their souls to get jackmyselfoffson! Yo is a great fit for them but if ya ain’t got the asking price then f**k off.
If.. Barass goes we keep Gov obviously!
We know what some of our mid tier bring to the table and it’s not much! Keep turning over the list as rapidly as possible and hope to find another Maric or Long.
Some people want to persist with mediocrity in the hope of an improvement miracle! Ain’t gunna happen!
Me? I’m for boom or bust!
Some say you need 50 games minimum to show your true colours which to some extent is true ; but anybody with an eye for football can look at 30secs of a player doing something special to know he’s got “IT”.
Longs first game was a classic example.The little things! You just knew he was a footballer!

Travelling group of 25 which includes Luke Edwards but not Foley

Barnett flying presumably as cover for Darling

Cole already confirmed as sub so it’s between O’Neill and Edwards for the final spot in the 22. The other just gets the frequent flyer points

Not sure if its been mentioned before but we are 34 dollars to Brisbane 1 in the betting. WOW has anyone ever seen that before?

There’s a lot more fat to cut before forcing shuey out.
It depends what you want. If you want better AFL players than yes for sure

If you want a fitter healthier squad so that you can have decent numbers in the WAFL and create an environment where young players can develop then it's debatable

Last edited:
Not sure if its been mentioned before but we are 34 dollars to Brisbane 1 in the betting. WOW has anyone ever seen that before?

The current points line of 82.5 stands as TABTouch’s biggest line for a game since the 2013 season, when newly-formed GWS were as long as 101.5 point outsiders for a match against soon-to-be premiers Hawthorn.

This has to be it for Shuey and Hurn, surely.

Love the jumper, great club servants etc etc etc but the simple truth is if you start every game better than even odds to be out by halftime with a hammy, and if you need a solid fortnight's rest and rehab to play one game, you're not helping the team. In fact you're actively damaging it by continuing on and taking that list spot and that salary cap space.

Give them a farewell game, next week and lets draw a line and move on.

Neither of Shuey nor Hurn can go on next year if this is the case. Can’t carry players on your list that need to be managed every second week.
Agreed. Both played to the standard I expect for senior players and then pulled up too sore for a 6 day turnaround. That is proof their bodies can't handle it anymore.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back