Prediction Changes Round 17 vs Brisbane

Remove this Banner Ad

Agreed. Both played to the standard I expect for senior players and then pulled up too sore for a 6 day turnaround. That is proof their bodies can't handle it anymore.

I’m sure if we were a chance for finals they would be playing

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I wouldn’t be surprised if Shuey and Hurn resting for the Brisbane game was planned at the start of the season.

It was wild when I saw that article online from the West or whoever it was in the last couple days saying Hurn COULD play on next year when he can't even string two games together. This club is incapable of making any tough decisions on players.

Paywall article

It was wild when I saw that article online from the West or whoever it was in the last couple days saying Hurn COULD play on next year when he can't even string two games together. This club is incapable of making any tough decisions on players.

Paywall article

Pay him and Shuey and other ageing players less than half their current contracts and see how keen to play on. Simpson has to move these guys on

Why would we take 25 over when so many players are desperate for minutes?

Barnett’s played one WAFL game plus his 9.5 minute stint as sub in the last four weeks, and rather than give him another WAFL game we take him on a sightseeing tour of Brisbane?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why would we take 25 over when so many players are desperate for minutes?

Barnett’s played one WAFL game plus his 9.5 minute stint as sub in the last four weeks, and rather than give him another WAFL game we take him on a sightseeing tour of Brisbane?

Best guess is that Darling is still in some doubt so Barnett is going over as cover in case his shoulder doesn’t come up

Luke Edwards is then the standard emergency traveler that they usually have

hmmm the reason for shuey & hurns absence is "injured".

i thought it was because they pulled up sore.

AFL site has them both out with out with soreness

How dare he have some injuries, name me a captain in the league that sacrifices more for their club? Man puts his body through hell for our team.

Name a captain that’s missed as much footy as he has the past 4 years? Name one that’s missed as much this year..

Name one that’s captained 3 wins out of close to 50 games?

He has been a very good player but his time as a captain and player has been and gone..

Name a captain that’s missed as much footy as he has the past 4 years? Name one that’s missed as much this year..

Name one that’s captained 3 wins out of close to 50 games?

He’s captained 12 wins out of 44 games.

Not a stellar record but nowhere near as bad as you’re suggesting.

Tom Barrass to captain the side on Saturday after beating Gov in an arm wrestle

(Per Simpson on 6PR)

Also said they took two travellers as a contingency since they’ve had some unusual mishaps this season - Trew running into a ruckmans elbow during warmup at training last week the most recent

Tom Barrass to captain the side on Saturday after beating Gov in an arm wrestle

(Per Simpson on 6PR)

Also said they took two travellers as a contingency since they’ve had some unusual mishaps this season - Trew running into a ruckmans elbow during warmup at training last week the most recent

Also the fresh doubts over Barrass’s wrist.

Club is investigating possible cause.

He’s captained 12 wins out of 44 games.

Not a stellar record but nowhere near as bad as you’re suggesting.

True but not sure if that addresses the spirit of the comment.

Also got to remember Shuey took over in 2020 when we were one of the premiership favourites having just acquired Kelly and not in anyone's wildest dreams could we have predicted our dramatic decline. Making the point as when you compare him to Glass whose initial record as captain would have been poor as well - that was to have been expected given the upheaval whereas shuey took over, in theory, a cherry ripe squad.

I think the biggest criticism of his captaincy reign was 2020 when the complacency really set in with covid and the first three games in the Hub.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back