Preview Changes: Round 18 v Geelong

Remove this Banner Ad

Because he isnt good enough YET

Like all teh other bananas you want to throw in the deep end purely as potential back ups when we have enough of them to last through the fiinals series
You brought up Jarman, I asked you a question about Brisbane.

Playing players in the finals without adequate exposure to the AFL is throwing someone into the deep end and that's been my point. It's 6 round to go and we don't have a ready made midfielder to come in.

You brought up Jarman, I asked you a question about Brisbane.

Playing players in the finals without adequate exposure to the AFL is throwing someone into the deep end and that's been my point. It's 6 round to go and we don't have a ready made midfielder to come in.

No question

Theres the balancing act you want to finish top 2 to give yourself the best chance of winning the flag, by playing substandard players or should I say players not reay yet, it could cost you games and effectively a top 2

Imagine GWS and Geelong grabbing top 2, not much fun taking them on in their home grounds

The players we will have available that have tasted or played AFL are, that arent in the team this week that will be available come finals

Lever
Seedsman
Cheney
Harto
Hampton
Menzel
Milera
Beech
ROB
Thompson
Gooch

Will we need that many as back up of course we wont, so why play even more , out of those who can play mid

Seeds, Hampton, Thommo, Gooch,Milera , Menzel

Will we need all of them, again no

Who is left that I havent mentioned and if they will be better than any of those mentioned who arent all getting a gig anyway

CEY
WIGG
DAVIS
GORE
DOEDEE
POHLKOKE
SIG

Mate come on none of those apart from CEY who's out will make F all difference when teh heat is on in finals

Wigg si probably the only one you would hae liked to see, but obviously teh club isnt imppressed and its neither here or there

So you're also of the opinion playing injured players is a better option?

Tell me, would a fit Jacobs or an injured Jacobs have been better in the finals?

Would an injured Jenkins or a fit Otten have been better?

An injured Brown or a fit Kelly?
Look, I hope you don't think that I'm looking for an argument but, I would agree with you if the players in question had lasted only 1-2 quarters, or if they had a lot fewer touches or, even better, they had never played that bad before! Neither the club nor the players ever admitted to having played hurt. You, and others, may call the club and the players liars, but it still is an assumption.
All you can really say is that they played so badly that any other player would have done better. And, what would that be?
The answer is :- Just another assumption!

Thommo was an experiment it didnt work it didnt cost us we won remember

I for one am glad we undertook that experiment, otherwise we'd have had no idea what a 300 game player who'd played for us for twelve years could do.

Although perhaps it did stop us performing that very same experiment on some who hadn't played 300 games over 12 years

Look, I hope you don't think that I'm looking for an argument but, I would agree with you if the players in question had lasted only 1-2 quarters, or if they had a lot fewer touches or, even better, they had never played that bad before! Neither the club nor the players ever admitted to having played hurt. You, and others, may call the club and the players liars, but it still is an assumption.
All you can really say is that they played so badly that any other player would have done better. And, what would that be?
The answer is :- Just another assumption!
Did you not see that the players in mention had surgery or long lay offs after the season finished?

Did you not also see Jenkins late in the year? Or people calling for Brown to be dropped?

Did you not see that the players in mention had surgery or long lay offs after the season finished?

Did you not also see Jenkins late in the year? Or people calling for Brown to be dropped?
Brown was so bad, some posters who didn't realise he was injured wanted him permanently dropped from the team!

This club still has plenty of improvement to manage player depth, so we are not reliant on a limited number of players...

Brown was so bad, some posters who didn't realise he was injured wanted him permanently dropped from the team!

This club still has plenty of improvement to manage player depth, so we are not reliant on a limited number of players...

Jenkins ankle was stuffed and even Jenkins admitted he was severely limited later on

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back