mattis117

Premium Platinum
Aug 20, 2010
Perth, Western Australia, Australia
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Manchester City
Frederick is the only guy under any pressure.

Chance that Logue is fit and if so he's an automatic selection. I guess Watson would be unlucky, though he has been impressive, particularly his kicking.

Conca and Bewley are chances too.

I suspect one change but wouldn't be surprised if there are none again.

Superkoops

Norm Smith Medallist
May 7, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Like to see Valente get a crack. Not sure who though. Also isn’t Griffen Logue working his butt off to get a game in round 18.

Duman or Watson unlucky but with Bruce and Naughton Logue will be a handy inclusion.

Also Conca May be right.

Happy with no changes but I’d do the following;
In: Valente, Logue
Out: Frederick, Watson

I’d move Brayshaw into Frederick’s role for just this week and give him the opportunity to develop his fwd craft. From memory he kicked a few goals against the Bulldogs in 2019. Poor Brayshaw had his first 2020 likely goal stopped by goal keeper right on the line.

Sep 20, 2014
AFL Club
Fremantle
There are a few we can drop, but we can also win unchanged especially coming off an 8 day break finally. Would love to see Logue come back and finish the season on a high note.

Heart Of Purple

All Australian
Mar 26, 2018
AFL Club
Fremantle
only change I really see is Logue for Watson. Would love to see Valente get a game but theres simply no spot for him. The only way I can see it is to drop Frederick and send Cerra to the outside with Valente coming in to play his natural position. No point playing a guy like that as a wing/forward.

ImperialPurple

Matthew Pavlich Medallist
May 26, 2003
South Freo
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
SFFC, Aussie Women's Cricket, HNK
Frederick, Crowden out. Logue and I dunno who.

Everyone says Frederick’s pressure, and yes there’s perceived pressure, but how many times does he make/stick tackles, and how often does he burn the ball? He has a huge future, but he needs to make way for someone else imo.
Crowden has been poo for about 3 weeks now. 😞

I want to drop Hill so his quad doesn't ping again before next season. This is the first time in a while he's played consistent football and people want him to retire? fu** me.
Its not that simple though, do you see him playing beyond next year? If list size decreases, list spots become more valuable and we risk delisting a kid we can develop or Mundy (who is providing a hell of a lot more than Hill at the moment) to keep a guy who's body may have unfortunately failed him.

He's certainly not going to be the player he was 3 years ago

ilikepotatoes

Norm Smith Medallist
May 27, 2011
Australia
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Liverpool, Pistons, Glory
Its not that simple though, do you see him playing beyond next year? If list size decreases, list spots become more valuable and we risk delisting a kid we can develop or Mundy (who is providing a hell of a lot more than Hill at the moment) to keep a guy who's body may have unfortunately failed him.

He's certainly not going to be the player he was 3 years ago
If list spots decrease there'd be another 5-6 players to chop before Hill, even accounting for future potential.

There's more chance of Hill being the player he was three years ago, then the players below him.

Sep 20, 2014
AFL Club
Fremantle
Given Cox was exposed against GWS and Richmond in his match-ups, I think we definitely need to bring in Logue for WBDs' forward line. He could come in for Cox who has been (unpopular opinion) hit and miss this last month, but I think Cox deserves to play the last game to be rewarded for being the clubs' most improved this season. Logue will definitely make Coxs' life easier too. Watson has shown great composure and does everything (nearly) right and doesn't deserve to be dropped.

Hill should be managed for Logue and Duman unluckily dropped for Conca if fit.

If list spots decrease there'd be another 5-6 players to chop before Hill, even accounting for future potential.

There's more chance of Hill being the player he was three years ago, then the players below him.
5 or 6 before Hill?

I'd go Banfield, Matera and North

Giro would be 50/50 but he's just came back from an ACL and showed something in his first season. Dixon the other one but I'd argue he's needed for depth.

Hill is also playing in a position we have crazy depth in

ilikepotatoes

Norm Smith Medallist
May 27, 2011
Australia
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Liverpool, Pistons, Glory
5 or 6 before Hill?

I'd go Banfield, Matera and North

Giro would be 50/50 but he's just came back from an ACL and showed something in his first season. Dixon the other one but I'd argue he's needed for depth.

Hill is also playing in a position we have crazy depth in
I'd cut all those players and Colyer before Hill. Realistically Valente as well.

Back