Prediction Changes: Round 18 Vs Bulldogs + pre-match discussion

I think Stephen Hill is enough of a pro to recognise when it is time to hang up the boots without any input from keyboard warriors on Bigfooty.
I didnt realise anyone here was telling him to retire. If discussing Freo players calmly and logically on an internet chat forum makes people keyboard warriors then there are a whole lot of "warriors" in the world

Last edited:

muckypup

Club Legend
Apr 20, 2009
Bayswater Bowling & Rec Club
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
The WACA's
I think we will beat the dawgs.

Great I was waiting for someone to turn the thread to the actual game! Dogs have everything to play for so i suspect if we dont put them away early they will be very very hard to hold off in the last quarter. This is one of our biggest tests and its unfortunate the gametime isnt middle of the day. A team that plays a nice fast style of play but I think we will match well with how our defence has been purring along. Their mids are good and Caleb Daniels ball use is sublime. This is what we are up against:

1600051936442.png

wild side

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 29, 2010
perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
They are a bit better than us, but they were better than us in pav's last game, and we won.
So you never know.
Think it might be close, then they run away with it in the second half

rgauci

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 16, 2004
Fremantle
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
DOCKERS
Great I was waiting for someone to turn the thread to the actual game! Dogs have everything to play for so i suspect if we dont put them away early they will be very very hard to hold off in the last quarter. This is one of our biggest tests and its unfortunate the gametime isnt middle of the day. A team that plays a nice fast style of play but I think we will match well with how our defence has been purring along. Their mids are good and Caleb Daniels ball use is sublime. This is what we are up against:

View attachment 961094

I see your 6, and raise you Fyfe, Mundy, Brayshaw, Cerra, Serong, Acres

Purple_Turtle

Stockholm Syndrome
Oct 12, 2019
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
South Fremantle, Hull City
You guys have had a great year and headed in the right direction. Much more promising than us.

Should be excited about next year.

Put your guns on ice and get a game into youngsters.

Hmmm. I wonder why you'd say that? :think:

Dogs finals campaign starts this week.

Need to play four quarters and get the job done.

I'm on the Dogs bandwagon. Can not be complacent.

Scham

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 19, 2004
AFL Club
Fremantle

View attachment 961094

The way we played against the Tigers gives me a lot of optimism. The Tigers are in another league to the Bulldogs.

Sep 27, 2018
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
brisbane lions
Foolish talk surrounding stephen hill. My concern with his switch to defence was his defending and if he still has that pace. he prove against north he has them.
But because his kicking was not good people chalk up another bad game (despite the reason for a bad game changing from the previous few). Well guess what, news flash, stephen hill can kick rather well. If stephen hill kicked well would you say he had a good game against north because i would have.

therefore stephen hill can fix whats going wrong.
Therefore in the future we will have a fast half back flanker who can defend and kick well.

May 2, 2017
QLD
AFL Club
Fremantle
Crowden or Frederick need to sit on Daniels for the entire game. Don't give him any space.
Daniels would have knightmares about Mitch. Apart from obviously just fearing the GOAT like everyone else, Daniels is also the only player that Mitch successfully shrugged a tackle from in his first season.

CapitalA

Club Legend
Nov 18, 2017
AFL Club
Fremantle
Foolish talk surrounding stephen hill. My concern with his switch to defence was his defending and if he still has that pace. he prove against north he has them.
But because his kicking was not good people chalk up another bad game (despite the reason for a bad game changing from the previous few). Well guess what, news flash, stephen hill can kick rather well. If stephen hill kicked well would you say he had a good game against north because i would have.

therefore stephen hill can fix whats going wrong.
Therefore in the future we will have a fast half back flanker who can defend and kick well.
The problem is his kicking/decision making has been terrible since he came back in... how many games is that 12?

Sep 30, 2011
Freo
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Whoever is playing WC
Daniels would have knightmares about Mitch. Apart from obviously just fearing the GOAT like everyone else, Daniels is also the only player that Mitch successfully shrugged a tackle from in his first season.
Daniel is also the only bloke who Mitch is taller than. He'll be licking his lips if we unleash him.

StingBitten

The Midland Steal
May 31, 2012
Bayswater
AFL Club
Fremantle
I've heard more than one sports scientist say that Hill is too muscular and heavy to achieve that magnificent outside run.

30 year Olds can still fly pretty fast. Weber beefed him up to shake the tag, but it backfired and caused him to break down all the time. There's no point breaking a tag if you can't get out of second gear.

I could be talking crap but I think of he slims down a hit we will see a much improved Hill next year.

May 2, 2017
QLD
AFL Club
Fremantle
hmmm because you have nothing to play for and game experience for youngsters is vital and u don't want a Fyfe etc to do a knee etc

I expect u blokes to be good next year if the last part of this season is anything to go by.
How much do you have on the game/Dogs to make finals?

Also, I don't know what happens at Carlton, but Big Footy fans don't pick Freo's team. You'll need to get on the phone to JL.

Back