Prediction Changes Round 18 vs Richmond

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Strange game from Gaff, I thought he was a lot more involved than his stats indicate.

In: Shuey, Hurn, Cole (from sub)
Out: O’Neill, Witherden, Bazzo

Backs: Barrass, McGovern, Hurn, Duggan/Shuey, Cole, Hough, Hunt
Mids: Kelly, Shuey/Duggan, Ginbey, Sheed, Gaff, Chesser
Rucks: Williams x2
Forwards: Allen, Darling, Maric, Cripps, Long, Petch, Hewett
Sub: Witherden
Emergencies: O’Neill (held over), Ledwards, Bazzo (WAFL)
Also WAFL: Foley, Barnett, Trew, Dewar, Baker

Shuey for O’Neill is obvious. Bazzo misses out due to matchups, Tigers have a very short forward line. Witherden misses out due to having too many defenders, alternatively could push Hough or Hunt up to a wing but their run is important and they were two of our best today.

It's cute that some people think Gaff will get dropped. Name one senior player Simmo has EVER dropped

Redden, Duggan, Jetta, Wellingham, Schofield

When has duggan been dropped the last few years?
I'm really wondering if it's worth persevering with Duggo TBH.

I know he gives you everything but his kicking seems to have gotten worse, which is saying something.

Was dreadful last week as well.

No point looking at his stats as they get padded by kick-ins and cheapies.

I anticipated the expected a belting. But the effort today was Sydney comparable at times, Brisbane were just ineffective. Tigers lack a bit but have run, speed, pressure and desperation. I dont see how we arrange the deck chairs helps much. The few will work hard, most will be too slow and soft. We will give a masterclass in hospital passes and turnovers.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why would you drop Bazzo? Made heaps of clangers today but you just have to play him. This kid is going to be a gun.
Team balance mostly. Richmond usually plays just the one or two talls in the forward line and I can't see that changing next week.

Over to you, Simpson. If you're willing to dump Maric after a quiet game a few weeks back show us what's good for the goose is good for the gander and drop Gaff next week.

With Shuey coming back in one runner has to make way and Gaff is the clear choice. Even XON got involved more late.

If he doesn't have it in him to drive the standards through selection then he's not the right man to lead the club forward and will have 100% lost my support.

Last edited:
Gaff won't get dropped because we have almost zero bench strength. Who is going to take his place? A Cat-B rookie?

Be nice to see him at least get relegated to sub.
There are other options apart from Dewar and Baker lmao.
Luke Edwards is available.
Trew will be back after his concussion.
Would much prefer Edwards but some have been advocating for Trew to be given more of an opportunity.
Cole (today's sub) and Foley are defenders of course, but they are also yet to come into the side.

XON, Edwards, and Vanilla Clark...

None of them can get the footy. 180 degrees to Naish, Rosa, and the P-word, but similarly as useless.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back