Prediction Changes Round 18 vs Richmond

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am certain the club is aware that Gaff would be better served playing a full game in the twos if it's just about recapturing his form.

So there can only be a few different scenarios at play here.

1. Credits in the bank. Don't want to embarrass him and send him to the WAFL.

2. Use this as a trigger to show Gaff he is one step away from being dropped if his output doesn't drastically improve.

3. Use this as a mechanism to advertise to Gaff that looking elsewhere is in his best option because his time at the club is coming to an end.

4. The match committee genuinely think he offers more than any sub we could go with for the game, even if only for a quarter or two or at worse an injury occurs.

I'd say it's probably a mixture of a few of them.

Glass half full - Could this be the start of a new phase of Gaff's career? Does a fit Gaff coming on after half time have the ability to make an impact?

Just a thought...

I am certain the club is aware that Gaff would be better served playing a full game in the twos if it's just about recapturing his form.

So there can only be a few different scenarios at play here.

1. Credits in the bank. Don't want to embarrass him and send him to the WAFL.

2. Use this as a trigger to show Gaff he is one step away from being dropped if his output doesn't drastically improve.

3. Use this as a mechanism to advertise to Gaff that looking elsewhere is in his best option because his time at the club is coming to an end.

4. The match committee genuinely think he offers more than any sub we could go with for the game, even if only for a quarter or two or at worse an injury occurs.

I'd say it's probably a mixture of a few of them.
5. Our senior blokes have a recent history of an early injury in games. Better to replace experience with experience than a 6 game kid.

Robertson tag last week so opposition still send players to Gaff .
Robertson omitted this week so that's confusing though .
If Fagen deemed it necessary to tag our most liable ball user then Brisbane have 0 chance of going anywhere under him.
* me, who would tag Gaff? I'd let him roam free, rack up the possessions and let him * up any semblance of ball movement we may have generated.
What a bloody pickle of a coach.

Simmo looked like he was explaining a 100 point loss when talking about the Gaff situation today.

He seemed very emotional on whether it was the right decision. Also wasn’t clear in how playing sub would benefit anyone as opposed to the other two options (full game AFL or WAFL).

Interesting insight.

Maric dropped
I really like what Maric has shown so far but I think this is a sensible decision. He has basically been a walk up start since getting picked in the MSD whereas our preference would have always been (for better or worse) to go slow with a new draftee.

As in, I'm not taking it as a sign that match committee didn't like what they saw the last few weeks.

GAFF DROPPED

You have come in and dropped a few bombs on Gaff after his undisputed worst game in over 10 years after being mostly absent on the boards.
You da man! Must be super proud, don't forget to thank mum and dad in your speech..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

WC are going to have a great chance this week against the tigers. At least until Simmo inexplicably subs off Hewett for Gaff at half time.

Surely the first week in a while where the outs are all omissions vs injuries

Talk about credits in the bank, but it’s been the first time in at least a year that we’ve been able to use the selection committee to make structural changes rather than just having to make do with the best fit.

Says that 1 or 2 of edwards, Maric and bazzo won’t play WAFL to be kept as an emergency just don’t see the point of that basically missing a week of growth and then your playing a player like gaff as the sub who probably won’t be on the list next year seems ridiculous.

Play Edwards as the sub, play bazzo maric in the WAFL and keep gaff as the emergency

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back