Prediction Changes Round 19 vs Carlton

Remove this Banner Ad

OUT: Ginbey, J. Williams, Chesser
IN: Yeo, Jamieson, Winder

Play Hunt more on the wing and have Winder play the same role JJ did.

Out: Ginbey (curse), Maric (managed)
In: Ledwards, Petruccelle

Backs: Barrass, Gov, Hurn, Witherden, Duggan, Cole, Hough
Mids: Kelly, Sheed, Shuey, Hewett, Hunt, Chesser
Rucks: Williams x2
Forwards: Allen, Darling, SPS, Cripps, Long, Petch, Edwards
Sub: Gaff again
Emergencies: Maric (travelling), Bazzo, Trew

Assuming Petch is ok to return, give Maric a free trip home to Melbourne and a freshen up.

Gaff sub again since any benefit of making him the sub this week was lost when he ended up playing nearly the whole game.

If Allen’s not fit, Bazzo to come in and one of the tall backs to have a go playing forward.

Yeo to get another week, don’t play him unless he’s absolutely ready.

Calls for Jack Williams to be dropped are puzzling. He’s not getting a heap of the ball but was clean with his hands today and gives Bailey a more than serviceable chop out in the ruck. Having said that both our Williams got absolutely schooled in the ruck today.

Jamieson wasn’t that impressive in the WAFL game last night. In fact I’d say Barnett looked the better performed big man for the Beagles.

Need to keep pumping games into Jack Williams, particularly if Allen is in doubt with his shoulder/elbow/wrist. He’s yet to turn 20 and has shown some good traits in the last few games.

Out Ginbey Maric (maybe Oscar)
In Petch LEdwards (Bazzo if Oscar is out)

Maric to travel Gaff the sub.

I like the udea of Winder off HB, but give him another week in the WAFL. I also wouldnt mind Sheed out all together.

Not especially looking forward to this one, Carlton seem to caught fire at the right time of the season. Hopefully a bit more depth & we can avoid a total shellacking
I would laugh hard if they beat us by 100 points again only to go on another losing streak from there.

Minimal changes. Petch in for Ginbey. Potentially rest Hurn and give Edwards/Foley a run.

Depends on what they are planning for North the following weekend as they may rest a few to ensure they are cherry ripe.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Minimal changes. Petch in for Ginbey. Potentially rest Hurn and give Edwards/Foley a run.

Depends on what they are planning for North the following weekend as they may rest a few to ensure they are cherry ripe.
Why would Hurn need a rest?
It was his first game back.

Well if he needs a break after one game he shouldn't be playing really.

I don’t disagree.

Seems very similar to the situation Glass was in in 2014, he recognised he couldn’t back up game after game so he pulled the pin.

Well if he needs a break after one game he shouldn't be playing really.
Agree. But I’ll cut Hurn a bit of slack as it’s the end of a tremendous career. Even if he only plays every second game it’s not as though it’s gonna ruin our finals chances. And besides he’s still more useful than some of his peers.

Gaff for Ginbey
Bazzo for Gov
Petch for Maric (managed as travelling emergency)

Sub one of Trew/Winder/Ledwards/O'Neill, in preferential order.

Out: Ginbey, McGovern (curse), Maric, Long (managed to sub)
In: Gaff (from sub), Bazzo, Petch, Ledwards

Backs: Barrass, Bazzo, Hurn, Witherden, Duggan, Cole, Hough
Mids: Kelly, Shuey, Sheed, Gaff, Chesser, Hunt
Rucks: Williams x2
Forwards, Allen, Darling, Cripps, SPS, Petch, Hewett, Ledwards
Sub: Long
Emergencies: Maric, O'Neill (traveling), Trew (WAFL)
Also WAFL: Rotham, Jamieson, Foley, Winder, Clark, Barnett, Baker, Dewar

Long given a bit of a break, Ginbey's injury has me nervous about the load he's been under in his first season. He's played the last eight games and has been doing more than 80% TOG for a lot of it, but just 68% on Sunday.

Maric to travel on standby for Allen, otherwise he gets the break he didn't get last week. O'Neill to travel on general standby.

Gaff for Ginbey
Bazzo for Gov
Petch for Maric (managed as travelling emergency)

Sub one of Trew/Winder/Ledwards/O'Neill, in preferential order.
Bro why are you on BF? You should be splitting em cheeks in Croatia

Let Maric play in Melbourne.

He’s lost in South Australia by 122 points, New South Wales by 171 points and Queensland by 81 points

Seems kinda cruel to see what he loses by in Victoria

Remove this Banner Ad

Back