FB: T Cole, T Barrass, B Hough
HB: L Duggan, R Bazzo, A Witherden
C: J Hunt, L Shuey, C Chesser
HF: N Long, J Darling, S Petrevski-Seton
FF: J Cripps, J Williams, R Maric

R: B Williams, T Kelly, E Hewett

I: C Jamieson, J Petruccelle, Z Trew, I Winder

S: A Gaff

OUT: J McGovern (inj), S Hurn, D Sheed, O Allen, R Ginbey (inj)
IN: R Bazzo, J Petruccelle, Z Trew, C Jamieson, I Winder

If Allen is injured just put him on ice. There's no point at this stage. He's looked tired and needs a break.

Hurn is cooked. He can have the home games and a farewell one at season's end.

I don't think Sheed is deserving of a starting berth at the moment. Disposal inconsistent and very slow. Let Trew have a few games in a row in that spot. Winder also to have a chance before he gets (seemingly) delisted.

I wouldn't be granting Gaff a sub pardon based on one game.

Witherden's disposal was good on the weekend so gets a reprieve, and I thought SPS cracked in harder than most.

The Gov injury is very perplexing.

On replay the contact looking like a glancing blow from the boot, but not a significant concussion causing jolt. The sort of head contact that players would experience numerous times in a game.

Gov's primary concern seemed to be he thought he'd suffered a mouth cut.

He's tested and passed and allowed to resume.

Then it's a delayed concussion.

Are we entering McCartin territory here? Are there concerns this could become a "thing" for him?

The Gov injury is very perplexing.

On replay the contact looking like a glancing blow from the boot, but not a significant concussion causing jolt. The sort of head contact that players would experience numerous times in a game.

Gov's primary concern seemed to be he thought he'd suffered a mouth cut.

He's tested and passed and allowed to resume.

Then it's a delayed concussion.

Are we entering McCartin territory here? Are there concerns this could become a "thing" for him?
Seeing as it is the first time I believe he has missed due to concussion, then no. Getting an uppercut from the heal of a boot is not a glancing blow. Could be the club docs were playing funny buggers to keep him on the ground or could be a legitimate delayed concussion. But it is not a pattern.

Seeing as it is the first time I believe he has missed due to concussion, then no. Getting an uppercut from the heal of a boot is not a glancing blow. Could be the club docs were playing funny buggers to keep him on the ground or could be a legitimate delayed concussion. But it is not a pattern.

One to keep an eye on. When it happened in the game and he came off, they replayed and at the time I thought "Not a lot in the blow, he'll be back on".

Then he was back on.

Now listed as 1-2 weeks.

One to keep an eye on. When it happened in the game and he came off, they replayed and at the time I thought "Not a lot in the blow, he'll be back on".

Then he was back on.

Now listed as 1-2 weeks.
Almost seems inevitable now with Gov. If it’s not soft tissue, it’s concussion or ...
What next, whiplash? Walking into a low hanging branch? Tripping over his wallet?
Seems to me with HEd still showing not much we really really need TB.

Don't worry about McGovern. He is fine he just dropped his pie after training then spat the dummy saying I'm not playing this week as he is used to having his weekends free .

Out: Ginbey, McGovern (curse), Maric, Long (managed to sub)
In: Gaff (from sub), Bazzo, Petch, Ledwards

Backs: Barrass, Bazzo, Hurn, Witherden, Duggan, Cole, Hough
Mids: Kelly, Shuey, Sheed, Gaff, Chesser, Hunt
Rucks: Williams x2
Forwards, Allen, Darling, Cripps, SPS, Petch, Hewett, Ledwards
Sub: Long
Emergencies: Maric, O'Neill (traveling), Trew (WAFL)

Sticking with this as my 22 and emergencies to be named today.

Everyone to lose their minds if Long is named as an emergency even though it’d clearly be for management purposes.

Me to lose my mind if someone else we don’t know about is out injured.

Sounds like only the 2 forced changes unless someone doesn't make it through the captains run. Not sure how many travelled

Id give Sheed the Gaff as sub treatment.

Don't mind it at all - it's a reasonable move.

Sheed is one of the few senior players that is still physically capable of more and would benefit from a reminder that he isn't indispensable.

He will always be defensively poor, but he's capable of being a hell of a lot better than he has been.

Look at Gaff - a genuine outside player - tackling like a beast or Kelly who isn't a great tackler but at least tries to impact the ball carrier.

I don't think you can ever trust Sheed to consistently give his all of his own accord. Some players need the stick.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gaff confirmed back into the 22 from Simmo. Said he wont be playing inside mid as it requires speed and power. Why has he been in there before then?
Simmo just realised this now?

Confused Joe Biden GIF by CBS News

Xavier O’Neill over Zane Trew again is just bloody mystifying.

Both bound for delisting but I’m convinced that Trew has far more AFL midfielder traits, and hence be a chance in the remaining games this year to Bradbury his way to the last spot on the list next year, over XON.

So Bazzo for Gov, Gaff for Ginbey, Petch for whoever’s the sub (possibly Maric) and O’Neill as the 24th man?

Both bound for delisting but I’m convinced that Trew has far more AFL midfielder traits, and hence be a chance in the remaining games this year to Bradbury his way to the last spot on the list next year, over XON.

Assuming he’s the 24th man, who would you rather miss out on a WAFL hitout this week - O’Neill or Trew?

Screenshot_20230720_115742_Samsung Internet.jpg

Thats from their own WAFL review. Much of a muchness really. Cant see either getting an extension next year

So Bazzo for Gov, Gaff for Ginbey, Petch for whoever’s the sub (possibly Maric) and O’Neill as the 24th man?

Assuming he’s the 24th man, who would you rather miss out on a WAFL hitout this week - O’Neill or Trew?
I realise they’re likely the travelling emergency but if someone pulls up injured at the captain’s run then O’Neill will be the next cab off the rank.

As I said, both delist fodder but I just think XON is a nothing footballer who shouldn’t be getting that potential opportunity at AFL level (which given our injury record isn’t exactly a remote possibility).

I realise they’re likely the travelling emergency but if someone pulls up injured at the captain’s run then O’Neill will be the next cab off the rank.

As I said, both delist fodder but I just think XON is a nothing footballer who shouldn’t be getting that potential opportunity at AFL level (which given our injury record isn’t exactly a remote possibility).

Meh, even with our recent history it’s unlikely he gets used, and if he does he probably comes in as sub. I’d rather he carry the bags and Trew gets another opportunity to play a full game.

Baby steps. First time I've heard him acknowledge Gaff isn't an inside mid. Next step is to stop putting him in there

I'm pretty off Simmo these days. Anyone with a brain knows Gaff is not an inside mid, it only took him 2 years to accept it. We are crying out for a new direction and a fresh start.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back