Preview Changes Round 2 - v Carlton

Remove this Banner Ad

Any truth to the lever and oliver story around them not training at the moment? What’s the injury. Surely they aren’t tapering 10 days out??

Ok I'll go with the following line up:

FB: Jetta May Hibberd
HB: Salem Lever Lockhart
C: Harmes Oliver Langdon
HF: Melksham Weideman Petracca
FF: Pickett TMac Fritsch
Fol: Gawn Brayshaw Viney
Int: OMac Jones AVB Tomlinson

Am really really tempted for Bennell to play a part...ideally we wouldn't need OMac, but if the Blues have McKay and Casboult then we'll probably be too short down back.

Which means changes are:

Out: Spargo, Bedford, ANB, Brown
In: Weideman, AVB, Salem, Jones

Ok I'll go with the following line up:

FB: Jetta May Hibberd
HB: Salem Lever Lockhart
C: Harmes Oliver Langdon
HF: Melksham Weideman Petracca
FF: Pickett TMac Fritsch
Fol: Gawn Brayshaw Viney
Int: OMac Jones AVB Tomlinson

Am really really tempted for Bennell to play a part...ideally we wouldn't need OMac, but if the Blues have McKay and Casboult then we'll probably be too short down back.

Which means changes are:

Out: Spargo, Bedford, ANB, Brown
In: Weideman, AVB, Salem, Jones
I had pretty similar. Although I had Harley in for Lockhart, and Hore in for OMac...

FB: Jetta May Lockhart
HB: Langdon Lever Tomlinson
C: Salem Petracca Harmes
HF: AVB Fritsch Bennell
FF: Pickett Weideman Melksham
R: Gawn Oliver Viney

I/C: Jones Brayshaw Spargo TMac

I’m sick of seeing TMac up forward. Instead of playing Harmes in defence play TMac there or play him on ball or as a ruck or on the wing. I wonder if we’ll see more of Petty this year. Bedford unlucky with Bennell and vanders coming back in

Would love if bringing Tomlinson into the team meant we didn't have to play OMAC - ie if Harmes or Salem is playing HBF and being beaten by someone taller/better overhead we can swap Tomlinson off the wing and into defence and release Harmes/Salem to the wing (Leaving May and Lever as our talls w Tomlinson if need be). Gives us some useful flexibility.

But you just know they'll find a way to squeeze in OMAC

I had a look at the Carlton board and a lot seem to think playing at marvel is an advantage to them because we have had a terrible record there. Yes true we did go years not winning there but that's more due to the fact we have been terrible in that period. It's the same reason a lot of teams have had the wood on us we've been shite. Recently our record has been pretty good, in fact I feel 2017 and 18 we seem to play our best footy there or it at least suited our game style

They forget that under Goodwin we are awful at the G (except for that month in late 2018).

It is Goodwin's biggest hurdle this year. Getting us playing good footy at the G and a lot of our problems go away.

Must admit this is the least I've ever cared about footy. Could be a phase but could be perspective from time away. I've always felt I haven't loved the game for a while and maybe the distance has reinforced it like time away from an ex

Must admit this is the least I've ever cared about footy. Could be a phase but could be perspective from time away. I've always felt I haven't loved the game for a while and maybe the distance has reinforced it like time away from an ex
Then you see that ex and s**t is flirty you remember the sex was off the chain but relationship was toxic. But you jump the * back on that horse. But yeah footy hasn't wound me up like it used to pre 2010 or whenever the * i started not loving it

Would love if bringing Tomlinson into the team meant we didn't have to play OMAC - ie if Harmes or Salem is playing HBF and being beaten by someone taller/better overhead we can swap Tomlinson off the wing and into defence and release Harmes/Salem to the wing (Leaving May and Lever as our talls w Tomlinson if need be). Gives us some useful flexibility.

But you just know they'll find a way to squeeze in OMAC
I’m not Omac’s biggest fan but he’s a reasonably effective defender. I could be wrong but did he play on Darling round one? Kept him to a goal. I’d say the plan is May gets the number one key forward. Omac the second and Lever plays the floating role third tall. But I know not all teams will play three talls. The Tomlinson suggestion as the back up in something I’ve also thought of. Meaning Omac misses out. But I think Omac is well and truly in the coaches plans for best 22.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’m not Omac’s biggest fan but he’s a reasonably effective defender. I could be wrong but did he play on Darling round one? Kept him to a goal. I’d say the plan is May gets the number one key forward. Omac the second and Lever plays the floating role third tall. But I know not all teams will play three talls. The Tomlinson suggestion as the back up in something I’ve also thought of. Meaning Omac misses out. But I think Omac is well and truly in the coaches plans for best 22.
I thought he was on Kennedy who couldn't get near it only 4 disposals. Kennedy was obviously undone not sure if I'd be praising him but then again you can only beat your opponent who's out there. I can't really remember his game 14 disposals mostly went unnoticed maybe a good thing.

I thought he was on Kennedy who couldn't get near it only 4 disposals. Kennedy was obviously undone not sure if I'd be praising him but then again you can only beat your opponent who's out there. I can't really remember his game 14 disposals mostly went unnoticed maybe a good thing.
I thought May was in Kennedy. I think we don’t really need to recall an omac disposal. He just needs to defend and get it into the better ball users hands.

I thought May was in Kennedy. I think we don’t really need to recall an omac disposal. He just needs to defend and get it into the better ball users hands.

Agreed. If O Mac can negate the biggest key forward, it really helps May and Lever to be more attacking.

Blues will likely have Casboult and McKay up forward so I think O Mac takes one and May the other.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

It is the games of Omacs you don't remember that are his best games. All the games of his that stand out in my mind is where he has 6 goals kicked on him by a big strong key forward like Hawkins, or where he stumbles around the back line like a baby giraffe and fumbles his way to an opposition goal.

Playing as the second or third defender behind much better players like May and Lever is also something he's never had the luxury of. I wouldn't be picking him R2 myself but won't be too upset if he gets picked, was decent R1.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back