Preview Changes Round 2 - v Carlton

Remove this Banner Ad

We should bloody beat Carlton. But we’re none the wiser if we’ve really improved on last year with a pretty full list now. Round one we didn’t play all that well how eagles in Perth is the toughest game you’ll play ATM. Also we played into their hands with the intercepting we allowed.
It was extremely disappointing, it's not the fact we lost it's the way we lost. We looked good early but just continued to do the same thing just bomb it in for the easy intercept. I expect it will be easier against Carlton but I don't expect any changes if they haven't changed it in years.

It was extremely disappointing, it's not the fact we lost it's the way we lost. We looked good early but just continued to do the same thing just bomb it in for the easy intercept. I expect it will be easier against Carlton but I don't expect any changes if they haven't changed it in years.
We surely have put some work into forward entries. Agree we looked good early v eagles. Missed some easy shots and let them kick late first quarter goals which killed us off. It’s hard to understand how the players don’t pick up on opposition game plans when going forward. Eagles love what we did. Lower the eyes and hit up Melksham Fritsch etc. surely not that hard.

I was too put off by the missed handball from Langdon to Gawn that I didn’t initially watch any further.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
* that gave me the shits. Glad they decided that was a good moment to capture as highlights for the fans

I remember when everyone was giving s**t to vanders early saying he was slow and s**t skilled but tough, he's actually quick and he lowers the eyes especially compared to the floating turds we call a midfield
Want it on record that I’ve never thought he was a shittruck. He’s important. His footy instincts are spot on plus he actually freaks out his opposition. You can’t teach these things

We surely have put some work into forward entries. Agree we looked good early v eagles. Missed some easy shots and let them kick late first quarter goals which killed us off. It’s hard to understand how the players don’t pick up on opposition game plans when going forward. Eagles love what we did. Lower the eyes and hit up Melksham Fritsch etc. surely not that hard.
Would be ideal but to be honest I'd be happy if they just caos ball in rather than the continued bombing it in anything different.

Want it on record that I’ve never thought he was a shittruck. He’s important. His footy instincts are spot on plus he actually freaks out his opposition. You can’t teach these things
I was the same but I've never been one to chase credit or anything ...

One of the things I've noticed with our forward entries is that our forwards often don't make things easy for the midfielders. So often they'll be stationary and wait for the ball to be kicked to them which just invites the opposition to spoil. We need our forwards to be moving and creating space to actually give our midfielders some better targets.

Reading the Carlton board froff over their "new look forwardline" makes me feel ill.

Casboult, McKay coming back from injury, Jack Martin, a cooked Betts, the awful McGovern brother, Cunningham (lol) and JSOS roaming around

If these guys kick a big score against us then we should just fold

Reading the Carlton board froff over their "new look forwardline" makes me feel ill.

Casboult, McKay coming back from injury, Jack Martin, a cooked Betts, the awful McGovern brother, Cunningham (lol) and JSOS roaming around

Guaranteed one of those will have a day out.

Martin, Silvagni and Betts are the most dangerous of that lot I reckon. Betts and Silvagni have had good days against us and we're exactly the team Martin will get 20&3 against to look likes he's made it before a couple of middling 12 touch games.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Quickly skimmed through the first Q versus WCE.

We completely dominate play/inside 50s for the first 75% of the quarter, kick 4 behinds (1 hit the post, 2 narrowly missed from difficult chances, 1 was a shank, another doesn't make the distance) and botch other inside 50s/forrays forward with poor skills/decision making at the crucial moment.

WCE kick a good goal from a sloppy free kick, then Ah Chee goes bang, bang (largely sloppy defensive positioning/Melksham is trying to come off the back of the square to provide a kick inside 50, doesnt pay off), Sheed kicks one after Nev handballs it straight to him then Jetta kicks a mongrel that floats through from outside 50 after receiving a handball directly from Gus. Those 4 goals come in about 3 minutes and completely deflate us - essentially game over as we can never get within striking distance.

It really is a game of small margins. You need some luck playing away from home and we got essentially zero and WCE took full advantage, as they're the best in the competition at doing, arguably.

Footy is a weird game and I can see us playing literally twice as well as we did in R1 with some luck, some more confidence and a bit more tenacity/tackling around the ball

W H I R L P O O L
Keen to see what nearly 3 months off to practice our Whirlpool entries looks like
you guys forgot the other half of Goodys forward plan, W I D E.

wide and whirlpool.... um yeah, sounds like a winning plan...

the good news is, after showing Goodwins forward plans on tv, he might think that everyone has seen it and they'll now have to change it up.
little does he know that everyone has already known it for 18 months anyway.

It’s almost like they are fielding a team at least 50 percent comprised of Kent Kingsley award winners. Good strategy really. Of course they will win.

Quickly skimmed through the first Q versus WCE.

We completely dominate play/inside 50s for the first 75% of the quarter, kick 4 behinds (1 hit the post, 2 narrowly missed from difficult chances, 1 was a shank, another doesn't make the distance) and botch other inside 50s/forrays forward with poor skills/decision making at the crucial moment.

WCE kick a good goal from a sloppy free kick, then Ah Chee goes bang, bang (largely sloppy defensive positioning/Melksham is trying to come off the back of the square to provide a kick inside 50, doesnt pay off), Sheed kicks one after Nev handballs it straight to him then Jetta kicks a mongrel that floats through from outside 50 after receiving a handball directly from Gus. Those 4 goals come in about 3 minutes and completely deflate us - essentially game over as we can never get within striking distance.

It really is a game of small margins. You need some luck playing away from home and we got essentially zero and WCE took full advantage, as they're the best in the competition at doing, arguably.

Footy is a weird game and I can see us playing literally twice as well as we did in R1 with some luck, some more confidence and a bit more tenacity/tackling around the ball
Absolutely. We blew some chances to get a decent lead early on. West coast away also probably the hardest game you’ll play to.

Hands down better than our forwardline...

Highly recommend the 1min mark ... spoiler alert, have some tissues and a spare pair of pants handy.

That's some handy highlights there. Not so sure about the music backing track...

Geez I hope you get Bennell back on the field. He is just so absurdly talented. Can do anything and everything.

Fingers crossed his hammies hold up. Coz if they do, you have yourself a real game-breaker.

Just looking forward to opposition small defenders having to actually second guess themselves and worry about a dangerous forward, instead of paying ANB/Wagner/Spargo almost no respect and rebounding at will.

That's some handy highlights there. Not so sure about the music backing track...

Geez I hope you get Bennell back on the field. He is just so absurdly talented. Can do anything and everything.

Fingers crossed his hammies hold up. Coz if they do, you have yourself a real game-breaker.
I’d be crossing fingers for him in any team that picked him up. Really want him to get another chance to show people what he can do.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back