Preview Changes: Round 2 v Hawthorn

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't think he is. Most people had him listed as an out this week for Lever. Most of those that didn't have him as an out only kept him in the team because they felt that having Lever, Talia, Hartigan and Otten all in the team would make us too top heavy.

Go back and have a look at the criticism Hartigan copped after the same amount of games. At the time we had NO ONE else that could play his position, yet he still copped it weekly.

Go back and have a look at the criticism Hartigan copped after the same amount of games. At the time we had NO ONE else that could play his position, yet he still copped it weekly.

And if Kelly keeps playing like he did on the weekend I'm sure he'll continue to cop it.

Kelly didn't play a game last year, so it's a bit hard for posters to be critical of him when he's not in the team.

How do you know Phil Davis wasn't top (or near the top) of their list? One of, if not the best young emerging KPP's in the competition at the time, there's every reason to believe that he was approached first.

You make it sound like several others were approached, knocked it back, and then they came to us and our player was the exception and accepted the offer (apparently because Scott Stephens got a game instead of him).
The teams that got nailed and lost multiple good players were the ones battling at the time. Those clubs were the easy targets.

Take JLT out completely. Totally irrelevant.

So he's had one bad game....one.

Cmon people...

I'm personally not suggesting he should be dropped. But ignoring a preseason issue that's carried into round 1 is pretty dumb. After those games, "it's only JLT, he'll click when the real stuff starts". Now it's, "it's sn isolated incident, only 1 game". Problem is that he's been unclean with the ball, that shouldn't happen in low pressure preseason games. It's carried through, it can't be dismissed offhand.

The teams that got nailed and lost multiple good players were the ones battling at the time. Those clubs were the easy targets.
Yeah, look fair enough. But Phil Davis - in any team - would have been targetted. He was exactly in the mould of player they needed. I don't reckon the fact he was playing for us made him any less or more likely to go.

You can tell he still has a genuine affection for the club (or at the very least our players).

Every team has their whipping boys that the poster love to bag warranted or not, generally they arent as bad as made out, its part and parcel of footy clubs, a mate of mine used to bag the s**t out of Liptak and he won a B and F and Matt Connell who also won a B and F

Yeah, look fair enough. But Phil Davis - in any team - would have been targetted. He was exactly in the mould of player they needed. I don't reckon the fact he was playing for us made him any less or more likely to go.

You can tell he still has a genuine affection for the club (or at the very least our players).
He certainly showed great sportsmanship when Eddie came crashing down to earth after an ill-fated marking attempt on the weekend. Was very quick to check that Eddie was OK.

No Quite a walk up start not because he isnt a very good player, he can be replaced without too much trouble, the others are genuinely better and their replacements dont come close
If a 40 disposal player is not a walk up start...... I have no words.

I'd have what you are having, except it is likely to be addictive or harmful to the liver.

On SM-G930F using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If a 40 disposal player is not a walk up start...... I have no words.

I'd have what you are having, except it is likely to be addictive or harmful to the liver.

On SM-G930F using BigFooty.com mobile app

He is a great player but isnt tiop 20 in the league like sloane and Betts and Tex and talia are just hard to replace due to their size, Smith could do lairds job, he doesnt get 40 possesions every week or he would be up there with Danger, Dusty and Fyfe

I thought Menzel's role was pretty important providing forward pressure to release Charlie up the ground.

I thought Hampton had clearly the poorer game and would've replaced him in the middle with Knight.

And if Kelly keeps playing like he did on the weekend I'm sure he'll continue to cop it.

Kelly didn't play a game last year, so it's a bit hard for posters to be critical of him when he's not in the team.
Only people that don't watch footy closely would think that Lever is the direct swap for Kelly

On a side he may not look polished but I don think Kelly has ever let us down in any of his games he's played for us

IMO he will hold his spot until either a fully fit Cheney or Doedee take his spot so he's here for the short term at least

Remove this Banner Ad

Back