Prediction Changes: Round 2 Vs GWS + pre-match discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Against saints gws had more inside 50. But look like saints nullified by huge number tackles inside 50. Mark's inside 50 both teams equal.. considering saints strong midfield they always going to get high number of inside 50s and marks. What you guys think our tactics should be against it with the limited options we have due to injuries?

On SM-A205YN using BigFooty.com mobile app

On SM-A205YN using BigFooty.com mobile app

it was a bad game but worst loss in a while? we had 2 defenders go down whilst missing most of our forward line. our skills were average but there were moments where we actually looked pretty good. colyer kicks a couple of those goals and we are right in it. winning round one would have been a massive boost to our confidence but come on, some of the over reactions on here are pretty silly.

I don't think my "worst loss" comment is an overreaction (maybe disappointing is a better word) given the expectation I have for Freo this season, whereas in 2019 my expectations were low. Melbourne isn't that good and Freo is a far better team than the performance we gave on Saturday. And Im certainly not in the "Sack the coach" bandwagon.

We are seriously going to run out of players at this rate. Duman not available either. Are we up to like 18 or so on the injury list atm?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hopefully Colyer gets the sub role, and by miracle we don't get any injuries - he doesn't play. One can only hope.

Of course he is in. Who else is there left?

Yep only ones that are not in the 23 and available will be the first year players like O'Driscoll and Western. And rightly so, if you were fit, not a first year player and not in the team this week your career is over.

Of course he is in. Who else is there left?

Hopefully Colyer gets the sub role, and by miracle we don't get any injuries - he doesn't play. One can only hope.
I'd rather Colyer the sub most weeks, not so much because I don't want him playing, but because I reckon picking first years as medical subs can only mess with their development. If not activated, or if called on only in the last quarter, say, they're getting no minutes or hardly any, and missing out on game time in the WAFL.

Colyer's perfect for the medical sub, because he's experienced and can run out a full match, if he actually is called on in the opening minutes of the game, yet he's replaceable / no significant loss to the 22, and it's not going to mess with his development if he's missing games. In fact, because the medical sub is credited with a game, it's actually better for his career to be sub than miss out, whereas I'm not sure you want a Chapman or a Western missing out on WAFL time for the sake of wearing a vest that he doesn't get to take off.

I'd rather Colyer the sub most weeks, not so much because I don't want him playing, but because I reckon picking first years as medical subs can only mess with their development. If not activated, or if called on only in the last quarter, say, they're getting no minutes or hardly any, and missing out on game time in the WAFL.

Colyer's perfect for the medical sub, because he's experienced and can run out a full match, if he actually is called on in the opening minutes of the game, yet he's replaceable / no significant loss to the 22, and it's not going to mess with his development if he's missing games. In fact, because the medical sub is credited with a game, it's actually better for his career to be sub than miss out, whereas I'm not sure you want a Chapman or a Western missing out on WAFL time for the sake of wearing a vest that he doesn't get to take off.
So Much Common sense, taking our purple pride to a very good level

Remove this Banner Ad

Back