Prediction Changes: Round 2 Vs North Melbourne + pre-match discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
there was another game that was a bit slippery but I can’t remember which - maybe the demons home game?
The Hawks game was raining all that morning too. Was coming up from Bunbury and remember the collective sigh of the bus when we exited the tunnel to a downpour of rain after it had been dry most of the trip.

No, played most of last year in the wafl
Thanks, found the stats. 17 games at roughly 16 disposals and 0.25 goals per game.

im really keen to see him play afl, and I know stats aren’t everything, but that doesn’t scream “pick me”. Hopefully he continues improving in the short term and gets a taste in the first half of the year.

What does Johnson have to do at WAFL level to get a game? 70 disposals and 10 goals

Banners and Hughes gifted games. People call Acres a spud but Banners can't kick well either
WAFL form has very little bearing on AFL selection. Much more attention is paid to training form. It gives more indication of how a player will go in AFL level football.

What does Johnson have to do at WAFL level to get a game? 70 disposals and 10 goals

Banners and Hughes gifted games. People call Acres a spud but Banners can't kick well either
WAFL form is important, but surely the most important is how the match committee think the player will fit in the structure / gameplan and how they'll gel with the rest of the selected team.

Personally I would have loved to see either Sturt or Johnson in rather than Banfield, take a bit more risk and see what they can offer.
Ultimately Banfield is probably better at following the team directions, has more experience, has been good for at least a goal or two a game in the last couple of years and is more versatile than Sturt.

How good is tonight going to be.

Erasmus vs Sheezel at CHF.

Johnson rewarded after spending 2022 in the WAFL and a good outing last week.

Amiss a week late in, but finally joins back up with his boy Treacy.

Just the kind of energy the players and supporters need after a trash opening.

Lol jk IN: BANFIELD.

I would not be surprised to see Treacy named as sub. Taberner to start and if he is having no impact by half times as per last week then sub him off and insert treacy to see if he can redeem last week. Treacy could easily have had 3 last week if he held his marks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What this really is you'd both rather be proven right than see your team doing well and being proven wrong, which is pretty childish. It's absolutely not the changes I would have made but you should always question yourself when you hope for failure.

As I said throughout the week, even if we did do well and win it would have been meaningless.

Sometimes the club and supporters need to learn the hard way.

That's just how it be.

You and the other "BACK THE BOYS!" brigade will be thanking me and Hamann188 for not accepting this mentality sooner, especially when this rough start gives everyone at the club a kick up the ass it needs to improve their processes.

Heave ho!!!

As I said throughout the week, even if we did do well and win it would have been meaningless.

Sometimes the club and supporters need to learn the hard way.

That's just how it be.

You and the other "BACK THE BOYS!" brigade will be thanking me and Hamann188 for not accepting this mentality sooner, especially when this rough start gives everyone at the club a kick up the ass it needs to improve their processes.

Heave ho!!!

You excitedly replying to me immediately after the game talking about "thanking" you actually proved the point I was making actually. I'm glad you're happy though and you got something out of the experience.

Do Hughes and Banfield pass the eye test? Seriously?
That game was utter shite. But I didn’t think either of them were that bad to be honest. I was at the game though so you don’t see anything.

our midfield got slaughtered today though, seemed like our only clearances came when switta was in there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back